There are various threads on other forums about how it's okay to do this but having just finished remelting some 15 pounds worth I figured to add my observations.

1. The coating doesn't stick to the furnace sides at all, it only sticks to itself. That was a big relief, I had visions of a pot permanently ruined. It forms a gummy sort of raft in the middle of the melt that you can lift up all at once. Even if it hangs over the spoon or dipper it all comes up at once.

1a. That assumes you do a few at a time. I melted some 6-7 pounds of clean alloy to get a molten base and then put in two big spoonfuls at a time, maybe 20 bullets, let them melt and dipped out the coating before adding more bullets. Probably can do more at a time but that brings me to #2.

2. It STINKS and I mean it freakin' stinks! Do this in the garage or someplace very well ventilated. Not sure how to describe the smell, burnt plasticky but much more foul than that. I had a fan blowing across the furnace and stood to the side of the airflow but still got a little whiff now and then. Don't know if it's toxic or not, those little whiffs I got don't don't seem seem to have athected my ffinking too much... Seriously, you really don't want to have to smell it.

Anyway, I recovered 12 ingots plus left a 10 pound pot full of clean lead to start with tomorrow morning so it was very much worth the effort.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!