Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am the original poster of this thread and my brand new 2-7x33 Freedom scope definitely came to me with a definite groove and no sealing washer or "o" ring on the windage and elevation turrets. Leupold probably uses the washer type gasket on these scopes (when they don't forget to install them), but as I said in an earlier post, I have a few "o" ring assortments and one just happened to have some very thin "o" rings that fit perfectly in to the groove. When I screw the turret cap all of the way down, about a half turn before it bottoms out, I feel the resistance of the "o" ring. This means that it is sealing on the outside of the "o" ring instead of the topside of a gasket/washer as my other Leupolds are equipped with. That does not matter to me, as long as it seals out moisture. Besides, I live in Eastern Europe, so it would take forever and a day for me to get the OEM parts from Leupold. RJ

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 65BR
Originally Posted by Filaman
The possibility of dropping the rifle in water is slim but not that slim.

How many Navy Seals are on here?

Point taken, LOL!

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
With the tight thread pitch on almost every scope I’ve seen, I doubt water intrusion will be an issue unless you toss your rifles in the creek like You Know Who... The seal on the adjustment stem should keep nitrogen in and water out.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good lord, I've not seen so much ado about nothing in quite awhile.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FIlaman, just ribbin' ya man! Lol.

WAM, you talking about that youtube star who tosses scoped rifles on the rocks?

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've submerged several rifles.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I took it as such, no problem. However, I must confess that I did baptize my old Model 70 .270 Winchester push feed once when I first got it back in 1966. It had a 4x Redfield on it at the time and I went to cross what appeared to be a very small creek, I'm talking about 3 feet wide. But the damn thing was about 5 foot deep. I just stepped right in the middle of it and down I went. Of course I got the rifle back out of the water within about a second so it didn't have long to get soaked. But still I'm not even a Navy Seal, LOL!

BTW, I still have both the rifle and the scope and they're none the worse for wear, though they haven't been together for nearly 40 years. The .270 has had several scopes on it since then and now sports a Leupold VX-2 4-12x40 and the 4x Redfield has been on my Winchester '94 Angle Eject since the early 80s when I bought that rifle.

Last edited by Filaman; 08/17/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how those narrow creeks can be so deep....we have those in LA too.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just got this email per Leupold Customer Service Dept.:

Mike

None of our riflescopes come with the cosmetic rubber washer anymore starting in 2020. The washer did nothing for function. The washer was only there for cosmetics.

Regards,

Zachary
Leupold Customer Service

I still like having the rubber washer there better(don’t care for the metal on metal contact). And as such Leupold offered to send me a couple pairs of the washers free of charge....Thanks Leupold!

More importantly, I appreciate Leupold’s quick response to my inquiry. And glad to know, rubber washer or no rubber washer, the scope should function fine.

Leftybolt

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's to the Magnificent HILARITY,of The Wuhan Clan swooning Chinese Reupolds,yet "fretting" a fhuqking O-ring!!! Read that again. Now one more fhuqking time. Hint. LAUGHING!

None of you STUPID Fhuqks can muster the 13 IQ Points requisite,to pitch said Reupold "mechanics" in the garbage,yet you fret a fhuqking rain drop! I'm fhuqking CRYIN'...I'm laughing sooooooooooo hard!!!! HINT. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards NEVER disappoint,due the fact you are doing your hilarious BEST and there has yet to be (3) rounds fire collectively,amongst your ranks! HINT.

Bless your hearts,for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,133
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.