Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
IMO. This detail of this reporting is flat scary. I have high lighted in red some of that detail. How many of us have been reported by Google?

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...g-user-data-authorities-documents-reveal

A little-known investigative unit inside search giant Google regularly forwarded detailed personal information on the company’s users to members of a counter-terrorist fusion center in California’s Bay Area, according to leaked documents reviewed by the Guardian.

But checking the documents against Google’s platforms reveals that in some cases Google did not necessarily ban the users they reported to the authorities, and some still have accounts on YouTube, Gmail and other services.

The users were often threatening violence or otherwise expressing extremist views, often associated with the far right.

The documents come from the so-called “Blueleaks” trove, which hackers acquired from the servers of a hosting company in Texas which had been used by several law enforcement agencies. It contains hundreds of thousands of documents from more than 200 agencies, dated between 1996 and June 2020.

The leak has been authenticated by cybersecurity experts.

The Google documents containing subscriber information are signed by the company’s CyberCrime Investigation Group (CIG). CIG has been mentioned in coverage of criminal proceedings based on their reports, but its raw output to law enforcement agencies has never been exposed to public view.

In the Blueleaks trove, the documents are associated with the Northern California Regional Intelligence Center, part of a nationwide network of fusion centers, which were created after 9/11 to facilitate information sharing between state, federal, local and tribal law enforcement agencies.

Steven Renderos, executive director of MediaJustice, a nonprofit campaigning for a more just and participatory media wrote in an email: “In a moment of reckoning on the failure of police to keep people safe, it is reckless for Google to hand off private user information to law enforcement.”

Renderos added: “While the prevalence of hateful activities across Google owned platforms is a real problem, deflecting responsibility to police is not the solution.”

The Google documents retained by NCRIC highlight the activities of individual users, providing detailed subscriber information, which often includes real names, street addresses, credit card numbers, Gmail and recovery email addresses, YouTube channel addresses and the time and IP addresses of recent logins.

Many of the documents also include copies of comments users have made on Google services like YouTube.

One user whose comments Google passed onto police appeared to threaten racist and terrorist violence.

On a now-deleted video on the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton by Canadian white nationalist, Stefan Molyneux (whose channel YouTube has now banned), the user wrote: “Hi guys, i need your help, i cant help but look at those shooters and think, that could be me. I watch Stefan, and black pilled and many others on the right. I think i should do the same thing they are doing.”

The user then went on to discuss methods of making explosive devices.

But the same user also discussed making explosives in other comments which were still visible on YouTube at the time of reporting, along with the user’s account.

On a video alleging acts of brutality by local police, the user appended comments urging others to “kill them, when you go to trial i wouldn’t find you guilty for shooting these criminals. Kill them all”.

According to Google’s reports, the same user appended racial slurs to videos reporting crimes which Google has since removed.

A second user who still has an account on the site made threats of racist and anti-police violence on a number of videos.

On a video of an incident where police appear to run a woman down with their car in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the second user writes, “Thats vehicular homicide. Need to walk into his house inhis sleep amd shoot his children” (sic).

On another video, a report from Russian outlet RT on the coronavirus, the same user writes: “I want the name of the Asian doctor that let the coronavirus outbreak happen. Im going to shoot his daughter in the face”.

Google also reported three videos by a third user – who is identified by name, address, phone number, email address, IP address and alternate account – all of which remain on YouTube.

The reports contain detailed descriptions of the three videos, including “At around 1:10, the words ‘Muskets would be glowing RED” appear on the screen. Assault weapons are visible in the background. At 3:28, subject asks: “Where is your line in the sand? When is enough, enough?’”, and “Video is titled ‘A Toast to the Few & the BooGaLoo.’”

While many of the comments appear to threaten other users, law enforcement, or Google employees, and many of the users appear to share far right extremist ideologies, many of those users and their comments remain on Google’s services.

Other users are identified by more sophisticated methods, and while some are banned from YouTube, they appear to retain access to other Google services.

One user was identified by matching two separate Gmail addresses to a single Android device, which yielded the user’s name, age, address and phone number.

That user had posted YouTube comments making anti-Jewish comments, praising white supremacist terrorists, including mass killers, and suggesting he may emulate them.

But the report indicates that the user still has two Gmail accounts.

While many of the reports sent by Google feature violent or racist threats, some are more indicative of thoughts of suicide or self harm, or simply mental distress.

Google did not immediately respond to detailed questions about its reporting system, user privacy and the company’s relationship to law enforcement.

Mike Sena, the Executive Director of NCRIC, said in a telephone conversation that the Google reports came through a common reporting facility on the site’s front page that “the public, law enforcement, and any other organization” can use to pass information to the fusion center.

Asked about how such reports are used, Sena said that any action from reliable reports “is usually in the form of a welfare check”, and that “our role is to find the best resources to help that person”.

Sena said that reports that meet criteria like reliability “in triage” are stored for 12 months.

But equality and privacy advocates were concerned about Google’s role in voluntarily passing on user data to law enforcement.

Saira Hussein, a staff attorney at the Electronic Frontiers Foundation, said in a phone conversation that EFF was concerned about the “vast amounts of user data” Google appeared to be voluntarily passing on to law enforcement, but questioned Google’s goal in doing so.

“Are they expecting law enforcement to do something, or is this just a way of covering themselves? Does Google see its responsibility as simply reporting this to law enforcement and moving on?” Hussein said.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where can we look at these files?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
comments making anti-Jewish comments

Google is a Jew platform, founded by Jews and run by Jews. You can’t expect them to give stuff like that a pass.

In fact White men should model this behavior.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard a guy say if you get something free on the internet your probably the product.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What did I say just a short while back? Folks thought I was stupid for saying conservative thought was being scrutinized and could become proscribed.

They're collecting lists.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by shaman
What did I say just a short while back? Folks thought I was stupid for saying conservative thought was being scrutinized and could become proscribed.

They're collecting lists.

I don't see why anybody needs to be told at this point.

It's like having schitt in your mustache. Unless you're completely brain dead you *know* it's there.

But try and tell somebody who it was that put it there and they'll mean mouth you something awful.

,....and Google will add you to the list.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Switch to Duck Duck Go. It takes about 30 seconds and they keep all your stuff secret.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Switch to Duck Duck Go. It takes about 30 seconds and they keep all your stuff secret.

Not just search function, but calendaring, webmail, contacts, online docs, etc. to replace google. Can be done, but takes some effort.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
If Google thinks conservatives are extremists and if it is Google's self claimed right to report detailed information about these folks to the government....why then doesn't Google report the same information about self professed communists, BLM leaders/members and others on the left advocating the over throw of the US government?????

How big is Google's left wing agenda? We know they oppose many of the freedoms found in the Bill of Rights. Is Google attacking conservatives because they support the freedoms found in the bill of rights?

It is scary to think that I have probably been identified to the government by Google to be a bad and dangerous citizen. This sounds just like Nazi Germany.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lennie
why then doesn't Google report the same information about self professed communists

See here:

Originally Posted by Stickfight
Google is a Jew platform, founded by Jews and run by Jews.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Harris signed an Memorandum of Agreement for preventative policing of online crime....
Ever seen "Minority Report"?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don't say, or put ANYTHING online you would not want on the front page of the New York Times.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

I'm not sure anything on the internet is secure from Google. Google Has the ability and know how to develop a spider to penetrate what are often claimed as secure sites. Googles abilities exceed those of any foreign entity.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nothing new , agencies not only have electronic ears but walking talking ears .
Sometime back I was talking with a lawyer when peoples personal lives were in ink . He told me that when an incident happens that raise red flags , there is a shiet load of files kept in local courthouses that include dates , time , and names of anyone associated in any manner with you or the incident . That was when it was in ink . With all the storage space being so compressed these days , no telling what info they have .
With the dim wits I have heard about on face book and other media sites , I don’t know how the incarceration numbers aren’t bigger than they are . This discussion was not very long ago when a police dept contacted me about one of my stolen rifles turning up at a pawn shop .
The idiot who hocked it off there had a lame azz story and when the police went to talk to him he opened the door with heroin on the table . Spilled the beans on who he got it from which led to a search warrant that led to more drug charges and confiscation of computer and phone which had his face book account with him showing off a deer he had shot with the rifle and later offering a 100 dollar reward for info who stood the rifle from him . Long story shortened up , there was a lot of information gathered here from media .
According to the officer , they monitor media regularly and know quite a bit about people that think they’re smooth .
Kenneth

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm not sure anything on the internet is secure from Google. Google Has the ability and know how to develop a spider to penetrate what are often claimed as secure sites. Googles abilities exceed those of any foreign entity.

Steve Ballmar years ago in testimony to Congress said that “there is no privacy on the internet, get over it”. That was in the late 90s.

He went on to say that for every info block there’d be a way found to get around that block sooner or later.

Makes me really doubt that Hillary’s e-mails were truly deleted.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lennie,
Did you catch the Millie video?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by erikj
Lennie,

Yes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Google lobbyist is speaking at the Democrat convention too. Just a coincidence.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by erikj
Lennie,

Yes.

I figured. How about this guy?

https://www.zachvorhies.com

“So Google bought this AI company called DeepMind,” Vorhies replied. “Let me just put it in plain language what that is, DeepMind was creating a god-like AI system that is able to ingest the available public information on the internet and make sense of it. Think of it like Amazon Alexa except much much much more intelligent. This AI system was moved out of the UK I believe and placed into China, and it’s been dubbed the AI Manhattan Project.”

Last edited by erikj; 08/17/20.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably too late for me.

I expect 4 or 5 black Tahoes about any day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.