Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
A proper ADVENTURE BOWHUNTER needs a proper truck. A proper truck has an 8 foot bed. Anything less and you dont have a truck, you just have a sedan with a large trunk. My last truck (also a Doge ram) was 10 years old and had 160,000 miles on it and lots of memories and bow killed animals hauled in it but it was time for an upgrade so I got online and built the truck I wanted and ordered it.

after picking it up I installed a bed liner, tailgate protector and a tanneau cover. I ordered a white truck because 100% of it will be wrapped in my bowhunting company logos and advertising graphics for the bowhunting business so it wont be white for long. On the way home from the dealership I stopped at the wrap shop with the designs and then the Cap connection to order the running boards. After its wrapped, I cant show a picture of it here lest the gals go running, screaming to the mods to complain.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Unfortunately, I did not care for the cup holders and cab storage on the 2020 rams. You don't get any cup holders unless you fold down the center console and I don't care to have that thing folded down so I designed and 3D printed my own customized solution along with some Rino glass. Also, I designed and made larger than usual cup holders.

The last truck I ordered I made the mistake of getting carpeting in the cab. I wont do that again. Its a devil to clean. This time I went with an interior that can be easier maintained.

Then I ordered some heavy duty canvas seat covers.

Today I added some bed lighting again using my 3D printers. If you have ever gutted a black bear by the side of the road in the rain and 10 O clock at night, while the black bear you killed a few hours earlier is in the bed of your truck with all you gear and you are all alone, you understand the need for good lighting both in the bed and via a magnetic base attached to the side of the truck so you dont have to hold a flashlight in your teeth while field dressing. This happened during one of my bowhunting road trips.

Next up is designing and installing the dashboard cam mount. I want to get the entire thing done prior to the fall hunting season road trips. More updates to follow. I still need to install a new knee wrecker to the back end.

Last edited by sharp_things; 08/14/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That’s really good stuff you did there. Those printers are really handy aren’t they? On a side note....your license plate letters are great!!!!

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shart Stains

You’re a dumbphuck

JMHO

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing like an "adventure bowhunting" thread about cupholders, trucks, McDonald's, and plastic stupid crap and nothing about hunting. Par for the course...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You guys are just jealous because you never had a schweet tonneau cover like that. Tonneau covers rock!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where'd you poach that Ron?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GregW
Nothing like an "adventure bowhunting" thread about cupholders, trucks, McDonald's, and plastic stupid crap and nothing about hunting. Par for the course...

When the quarry is tame or caged animals, just getting there is the whole adventure....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DeadHead

When the quarry is tame or caged animals, just getting there is the whole adventure....

My point exactly. A real hunter would be talking about vastly different things...

- Greg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but for me it's just not really "hunting" unless I can have a double order of McD's hash browns and a big ol OJ for breakfast.

I find that I can fall asleep in the pop-up blind much better with the right nutrition.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
it is not the ending but the journey . read that some were. my only thought is with the fold down no one can sit there. with the cup holder thing no one can sit there. as for me I like having my lady close. ( she is fun to play with ) ( o ) ( o ) carry on thanks for the share.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sharp_things

Unfortunately, I did not care for the cup holders and cab storage on the 2020 rams. You don't get any cup holders unless you fold down the center console and I don't care to have that thing folded down so I designed and 3D printed my own customized solution along with some Rino glass. Also, I designed and made larger than usual cup holders.

Quite the design - I've seen better looking printing come out of a fuggin 8th grade shop class.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Quite the design - I've seen better looking printing come out of a fuggin 8th grade shop class.

Dickweed

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Dickweed

Wipe your chin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why is this in the "bowhunting" forum?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're on pins and needles to learn how many decals you can fit on the back window.

Hoping there's room for this adventure:

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
We're on pins and needles to learn how many decals you can fit on the back window.

Hoping there's room for this adventure:

Oooohhhh....too soon, too soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Laffin....

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm sure he's got plans to print some step bars for that work truck to help his stumpy legs get inside...

- Greg

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SKane

That is AWESOME!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.