Print Thread
Hop To
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have found a new tool in the quest to better understand load development and refine handloads. It is called Gordons Reloading Tool and is similar to Quickload in that it can provide pressure information, OBT nodes and is free. I've spent the last couple days measuring case lengths and finding water volumes of fired cases to see what kind of pressure and OBT results would be the output. I'm excited by what this tool offers in hopes that I can reduce the number of round robin loads shot during load development and get closer to a node right out of the gate. Does anyone use both GRT and Quickload? Are results similar?

What I'd like to know from those that have used GRT are:

1) Are you finding the OBT nodes accurate provided you plug in the proper cartridge lengths, case length, water volume and powder temp?
2) Are you finding the velocity on par with your chrono readings given the proper inputs mentioned above?
3) What is the best way to "baseline" results with what your chrono is stating? Is it best to increase/decrease case volume so that it matches up with your chrono readings?

I've found some results to be spot on while others to be off a fair bit. If you haven't checked this out, it's worth looking into in my opinion. For now, I'll continue working up to loads until I have better confidence in this software.

You can download the tool here after registering. It will run on both Linux and Windows:
https://grtools.de

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So from one of the countries were Quick load cannot be delivered?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I don't know the answer to your question. However, I would think there are no ITAR restrictions for Quickload to Germany.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Devnull,

I'm not convinced on the OBT node hypothesis. There's too many more variables than just barrel length. As an example, with an AR, you can change your nodes by varying the torque on the barrel nut. Another common method with the old A1 flash suppressors it to turn it an 1/8th of a turn at a time. Additionally barrel contour can significantly affects nodes values.

That's my perspective, but I'm willing to listen to others.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by devnull
I don't know the answer to your question. However, I would think there are no ITAR restrictions for Quickload to Germany.

https://www.neconos.com/quickload-f-a-q-s/

Because QuickLOAD is developed and published in Germany, it is subject to German law. The German Government has determined that this software program falls under ITAR restrictions. Therefore, it is only available in physical form, no downloads.

Swifty
IC B2

D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by devnull

https://www.neconos.com/quickload-f-a-q-s/

Because QuickLOAD is developed and published in Germany, it is subject to German law. The German Government has determined that this software program falls under ITAR restrictions. Therefore, it is only available in physical form, no downloads.

Got it. The GRT software comes from Germany as well I believe.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (007FJ, 163dm, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,096
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.