Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A while back we planned a trip to the Swan Valley / Palisades area next month. Because we need to take our dog, we chose a route from here to there that takes us through Fort Collins where we planned to stay overnight in a eastside hotel right off I-25. Next thing I know, there's a thoroughly enjoyable video of Fort Collins suburbanites whoopin up on some antifa slime who thought it would be cute to terrorize the residents a few weeks ago. That, I liked seeing...but then it dawned on me that there might be subversive activity in the area at any given time, and I would like to avoid such goings on whilst on vacation. I do NOT watch news broadcasts and haven't for a number of years because I don't consider them to be reliable sources of information.

Anyone know what the atmosphere in that area is like, lately? I can still change my plan but I don't want to unless it really seems necessary. I figure this is as good a place as any to find out what's going on in that neck of the woods.

Comments or advice?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
A while back we planned a trip to the Swan Valley / Palisades area next month. Because we need to take our dog, we chose a route from here to there that takes us through Fort Collins where we planned to stay overnight in a eastside hotel right off I-25. Next thing I know, there's a thoroughly enjoyable video of Fort Collins suburbanites whoopin up on some antifa slime who thought it would be cute to terrorize the residents a few weeks ago. That, I liked seeing...but then it dawned on me that there might be subversive activity in the area at any given time, and I would like to avoid such goings on whilst on vacation. I do NOT watch news broadcasts and haven't for a number of years because I don't consider them to be reliable sources of information.

Anyone know what the atmosphere in that area is like, lately? I can still change my plan but I don't want to unless it really seems necessary. I figure this is as good a place as any to find out what's going on in that neck of the woods.

Comments or advice?

Just go. You aren't traveling to downtown Baltimore or Chicago. Afraid of travel to Colorado? Whats this world coming to?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Thousands of well to do white kids going to college, drinking, and doing cocaine. Thousands of pitiful, guilt ridden, white adults working at the university warping the aforementioned kid's minds.

A handful of mexicans and maybe 2 black people. lol. Outside the city there are some solid conservative folks. Very few in and around FC proper.

Its a fun town. Some good eats and beer. Check out the Poudre canyon. Bring a rod if you fish.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to Odell brewing company great beer. Ft Collins nice town I didn’t see anything shady about it. Take hwy 287 to Laramie beautiful drive I thought. Unless you have to go to Cheyenne.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They make Budweiser there....they can't be all bad.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Thousands of well to do white kids going to college, drinking, and doing cocaine. Thousands of pitiful, guilt ridden, white adults working at the university warping the aforementioned kid's minds.

A handful of mexicans and maybe 2 black people. lol. Outside the city there are some solid conservative folks. Very few in and around FC proper.

Its a fun town. Some good eats and beer. Check out the Poudre canyon. Bring a rod if you fish.

Pretty much this, from what I remember. WAAAY TOO MANY drugs and druggies there.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well the last time I went through there it was from Laramie and there was some kind of smoking party going on in the park area in town. Contact high? Never saw anyone doing anything but having a good time.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They are pretty liberal there in Larimer County.

Clinton won the vote there by 4 points.

Still conservatives there, though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have not been to FC for a few years, but it has been a nice place in the past. Daughter and husband lived there for several years when first married - both engineers and enjoyed the work environment - friend/former employee went there to work for the Vet School (top ranked) at CSU and loves it - am thinking that it is an almost grown-up university town with lots of working folks, a good economy, nice lifestyles and very few low-life critters.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You encounter more freaks shopping at Walmart

Stop living in fear. Life is short.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's gotten expensive. The little cheesebox house I paid $18K for when I was a grad student is now valued at over $400K. Wish my ex or I had held on to it.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
way to go fort collins

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It’s a classic college town. You’ll see lots of hippy-looking college kids and Subarus with co-exist bumper stickers but mostly friendly people. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Cheyenne just across the Wyoming border. My all time favorite toy store for grown-ups is Jax sporting goods on N. College. Check it out if you have time.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fort Collins is my home town although I have lived on the west slope for the last 35 years. I still visit friends enough to have a feel for the town. You’ll be plenty safe enough.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Go to Odell brewing company great beer. Ft Collins nice town I didn’t see anything shady about it. Take hwy 287 to Laramie beautiful drive I thought. Unless you have to go to Cheyenne.

Odells does a great job.
Crown Pub was a favorite spot to eat.

Buddy opened a place up the road in LaPorte called the Swing Station a decade or so ago. Worth a visit for a cold one and live music.

(All assuming its not gone Covetarded. Which it almost certainly has....)

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And out on the north side, the home and shop of Ellis Brown, top notch gun smith, gun maker, and author of "Building Double Rifles on Shotgun Actions".

http://www.ellisbrowncustomshop.com/

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Duck is very nearby

.... like tears in the rain
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Down Town Denver's been a little sporty lately, but get a few miles from the capital and the rest of the state is calm.

Just carry your standard load out and you'll be fine.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a lot of family in Fort Collins. Lots of outdoors type stuff to do around there and some breweries to visit.... It seems like it has a permanent spot in top 5 to 10 places to live in the US every single year...Very nice place to visit...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
521 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.