Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I thank 284Luver, he showed how to drill, and tap with a thumb bolt to vent a non vented can.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Tor replace your dot gov spouts, go here:

https://gasspouts.com

....... That's where I went. Got one I really like. Got it quick and with no hassles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Have several I am chitcanning vs buying new $10 spouts for.

Love these, for stationary use, and privite transport, VP Racing jugs for the win. Use zero, one or two heavyduty hose benders with them.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And DOT, go pro. Phucqk that chit plastic fugged flow chit junk.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003PGRR5W/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

While back Tractor supply had some like those VP style jugs.

Clear white. Made in USA. Label said “not for Petro products” or something. Guess that skirts the CA laws.

Wanna say ~$25.

I've used some of those for diesel for ~5 years without issue.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I thank 284Luver, he showed how to drill, and tap with a thumb bolt to vent a non vented can.

You can buy the little vents from walmart.com. 5 for 7.29, 10 for 7.99 or 20 for 8.29....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Yellow-Fuel-Gas-Can-Jug-Vent-Cap/245571842?selected=true

Last edited by huntsman22; 08/21/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another fan of Eagle here....this is my go to.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/eagle-safety-gas-can-5-gal

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I HATE the VP jugs.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I picked up the No-Spill brand 5gallon when I graduated to my ztr. I'll never go back to anything else.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boomer gas can gripe thread. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I use the plastic at home. No problems. Watch the prices, buy a good name brand spout. They are not rated for highway transport but you see them everywhere. They simply work. I like the square ones more than round. There's a few good brands and others... VP is standard.

After testing, I've trusted these on the roof rack on desert hunts. Don't leak and no hard brittle chit plastic spout. No proprietary threads. Win win win.

Sounds good.
For some reason I don't think about using my roof rack after a fill up. Safer than in the back if it's not a pickup I'd guess. I knew a guy once who died in a gasoline fire when his car ignition must have ignited the fumes.
Rooftop sounds like the way to go.
Thanks 👍

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
[quote=Uncle_Alvah]IMO, $25 bucks for a plastic 5 gallon can likely has a pretty hefty profit in the price. Just a soda bottle on steroids, really.

A steel 5 gallon can is about the same price.

Of the two, which would you prefer to put gasoline in stationary storage?
Does it even matter, really?[/quote

Why do you store gasoline? The more ethanol it has in it the faster it will degrade and it also will cause corrosion in a metal can.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It was two or three years ago that I realized the engineers had finally developed a gas can that flat didn't work. Having to use both hands to try and pour gas into the chainsaw is just too much trouble. I buy replacement spouts whenever I can.
I buy premium, ethanol free, gas for all of my small engines. I got tired of having to constantly replace fuel lines on generator, mowers, motorcycles, etc. I also use premium in the vehicles which don't get driven a lot. GD

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

You can also drill a 1/2" hole in a plastic gas can and install a tire valve stem (with the valve removed of course). That's what I did to all my 5 gallon gas cans.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
bad part about steel gas cans is after a couple of years they form a lot of junk on the bottom

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do not like plastic fuel cans at all. Other than the EPA regulated spouts, which are a complete abomination, the plastic flexes, expands and contracts a great deal with temperature changes - so much so that the cans won't sit flat.

Plain 'ol 5 gallon Jerry cans work the best for me. I have a few that are close to 30 years old.

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/21/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by victoro

You can also drill a 1/2" hole in a plastic gas can and install a tire valve stem (with the valve removed of course). That's what I did to all my 5 gallon gas cans.

Good idea. I think I'll use your design. The screw on cap makes it leak proof after some sealant around the base of the stem.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
The racing cans that MtnBoomer posted are the only way to go.

Unbeatable.

Timely thread - I just had one of the 'approved' jugs with 'safety' spouts spew fuel all over the place after sitting in the sun. Fug that - I just ordered a 2-pack of 5 gal VP jugs with hose benders (life's too short to use chit gas jugs grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I HATE the VP jugs.

If they'd put an integrated handle on the bottom of the can to help you grip it, I might buy one

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22

You can buy the little vents from walmart.com. 5 for 7.29, 10 for 7.99 or 20 for 8.29....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Yellow-Fuel-Gas-Can-Jug-Vent-Cap/245571842?selected=true

Those little vents are the ticket. I buy the 5 gal jugs from Walmart, put the vents in them & take the guts out of the EPA nozzle. Works like a champ.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I HATE the VP jugs.

If they'd put an integrated handle on the bottom of the can to help you grip it, I might buy one

Kind of steep and only 4 gallons but I used one once and I thought it was way easier to handle than a standard VP type jug and I have 3 of those. I also use the Eagle safety can for my race gas.

https://matrixracingproducts.com/m3-utility-can/

Last edited by smarquez; 08/21/20.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by victoro

Good idea. I think I'll use your design. The screw on cap makes it leak proof after some sealant around the base of the stem.

A word of advice for you. The rubber valve stems will rot and break off from the gasoline fumes use these.

Click here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

71 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 15 invisible), 1,042 guests, and 720 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,487
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.