-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave up on Goodyear for the quality of tires back in the early 1980s. But things in the marketplace change and I needed snow tires last fall. I read several really good reviews of the Goodyear Weather Ready Assurance tire. Bought a set and have been completely happy with them. I do believe that this is the single best tire for an AWD vehicle out there.

But I'll have them worn out by next spring and in the face of Goodyear's socio-political stance, I will gladly seek second best and go with that option. There's a whole lotta choices out there.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Goodyear = Badyear...

Last edited by DMc; 08/21/20.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Goodyear's "explanation" doesn't do it.

Too thin, Goodyear, too thin.

Do you allow BLM stuff or not?

If so, do you allow Police Lives Matter stuff or not?

If you allow BLM, why do you think BLM, a self-described Marxist organization, constitutes "social justice" and isn't political while a MAGA slogan is "political?"

If you didn't authorize the slide, who did and how were they disciplined?

If they were not a Goodyear employee and the whole thing is a hoax, have you filed a defamation suit?

I want answers, Goodyear, not platitudes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If you allow BLM, why do you think BLM, a self-described Marxist organization, constitutes "social justice" and isn't political while a MAGA slogan is "political?"

If they were not a Goodyear employee and the whole thing is a hoax, have you filed a defamation suit?

Here's your answer, Indy. They are all in for "diversity".

https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/responsibility/inspiring-culture/diversity-inclusion.html

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The link the OP posted says that dozens or hundreds of companies besides Goodyear have gotten on their knees to the BLM criminals. And we can't boycott hundreds.

True. But somewhere you have to take a stand. This is the place. This plus major league sports.

So I say boycott Goodyear, NFL, MLB, and NBA if you do nothing else. Send 'em a message!

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The REALLY fugged up thing about them is that they consider BLM & LGBTQ as good...

And consider a statements like "Make American Great Again" and "All Lives Matter" as not acceptable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fug them.

Why don't they move their corporate offices and all their employees to Mexico if Make America Great Again offends them so much. mad mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We can’t boycott them all, true, but if we take out a handful, the rest will change with haste.....

They’ll go whichever way the wind blows.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
We can’t boycott them all, true, but if we take out a handful, the rest will change with haste.....

That's the problem.

In Business 101 they should have learned to shut the fug up.

Why don't they leave politics to the politicians, and just make tires, or razors or have a restaurant without making a political statement that will offend half the people that use that business?

Idiots.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's the problem.

Why don't they leave politics to the politicians, and just make tires, or razors or have a restaurant without making a political statement that will offend half the people that use that business?

Idiots.

Why? Because years of indoctrination in the education system is finally starting to pay off for the left. The VP's & CEO's who support this crap were trained to do exactly this, they consider it their duty to do so. For them this is what it means to be a social justice warrior.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's the problem.

Idiots.

Why? Because years of indoctrination in the education system is finally starting to pay off for the left. The VP's & CEO's who support this crap were trained to do exactly this, they consider it their duty to do so. For them this is what it means to be a social justice warrior.

You nailed our whole problem in this country. Communists were taking over the teaching jobs in universities during the 1960s and indoctrinating heads full of public school mush. The disease has spread into every facet of "education" now and has become accepted indoctrination.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly..... The last four or five decades of dumbing down America and leftist trash are now coming to fruition. Although I feel that Goodyear did nothing wrong. It's a free country with a free market and they can run their own company as they please. I can also buy tires as I please from other folks who don't pizz me off nearly as bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fck them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You guys need to get the new Dago Italian car tires, they're awesome!

Dago through rain! Dago through snow! Dago through ice!

But when dago flat, Dago WOP WOP WOP WOP!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I heard that one in Junior High, more years ago than I care to admit.
Still funny. laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I think I heard that one in Junior High, more years ago than I care to admit.
Still funny. laugh

Me too, but I had to google it to get it right.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by windridge

https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/responsibility/inspiring-culture/diversity-inclusion.html

Every corporation in the US, more likely than not, has a similar D&I policy whether published, or not. Pretty much standard boiler plate stuff there.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by windridge

So what? Every defense contractor (I used to be one) has to try to improve diversity. What does that have to do with supporting an organization like BLM, whose co-founder was arrested for running a teenager as a prostitute, whose chief fund raiser served 16 years in a federal prison for domestic terrorism, whose web site says it is Marxist and wants to destroy our system of government, who organizes rioting and looting, whose leaders justifiy looting and arson as "reparations," and...I could go on.

Diversity my ass.

Diversity means going to the local black shurches, branches of the city government, schools, etc., and trying to get help hiring some more blacks who are good workers. It does NOT mean supporting outfits like BLM or Jesse Jackson's extortion ring, the Rainbow Coalition. Been there done that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their no political stance on employee attire is fine, that’s common stuff in all corporations. Hourlies in my company wear uniforms. No writing allowed to show on under shirts. Many are wearing MAGA hats in befire they put on their hard hats for the day. No political messages on masks allowed.

Allowing the BLM stuff but not All Lives Matter is my hang up. That’s Purely catering to the progressive left. My money won’t support that if I have options.

Their mush mouthed response was also catering to the left.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am already not buying Gillette, Levi, NFL, NBA, and Benchmade.
Add Goodyear to that list.

My Goodyear LT235.70R16 Mud tires are in my brother's barn.
They howled on the highway like I was being followed by a UFO.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You guys are not supporting the American ideal of free commerce.

They should be able to run their business as they chose, and the "system" appears to have worked in this case.

They made a decision, the consumers said FU, and they reversed their decision.

You folks do realize we're talking about a corporate entity, right? Their obligation is to their shareholders to make a profit. Not to support a cause or not support a cause on moral grounds.

I for one, think it was good business on their part to rescind their earlier decision.

The capitalist system worked this time. Supplier realized their demand would go down and they righted the ship. After it took on some water perhaps.

Give me a break! It is too late! They should have said nothing in the first place rather than go for it and have to back peddle.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.