-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Going to feed my steers yesterday and as I turn down the road there is a big black bastard walking down it. Fugg. Chased him back into the pasture and fixed the fence.

Are black angus known to be azzholes?

I've had 3 Herefords, 3 BA (bought separately from different ranches) , and a couple Charolais, obviously very little experience, but all 3 BA steers were/are schitheads. All three have been skittish as hell. Bucking kicking SOB's that all challenge the E wire and fence and I sure as hell don't turn my back to them.

The Herefords were a pleasure and made the best beef out the 6 we've butchered. Charolais have been fine as well but haven't ate one yet.

Have I gotten the schitheads the ranchers were looking to move or is this just something they are known for?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Years ago when on the farm we were milking 25-28 gurnseys. and usually ran 2-3 angus for meat. Every time any got out it was the angus

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/23/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did not apply for a federal grant yet to determine what breed have the most azzholes. Every breed has them.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My experience is that Angus bulls will damn sure jump a fence and stray.

Or fight for days on end through the fence with the neighbor's bull and tear up a fence pronto.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by roundoak
I did not apply for a federal grant yet to determine what breed have the most azzholes. Every breed has them.

They bloat badly if they don't.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
More difference within breeds, than between them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any breed can, and will, be a troublemaker at times. I've seen "bad" ones in every breed. When I was growing up, we had Hereford cattle, and all the bulls that I remember were fairly docile. I have an Angus bull today, and he's not given me any trouble whatsoever. As a kid, my best friend lived on a dairy farm, and they had Jerseys. i would help them show the cattle at the local fair, and those Jersey cows were extremely docile. On the other hand, the bulls were meaner than the Devil, and would chase you if you happened to get in their pasture field.

Looked outside early the other morning, and saw a black bull in a pasture that was supposed to be empty, and my first thought was that my cows were out. Turned out it was the neighbors Gelbvieh bull. When I was able to catch up to him, he and my bull were eyeballing each other across the fence, and had it not been for the road between them, I'm sure a good fight would have broken out, probably resulting in a busted up fence and cows out. Luckily I was able to drive the bull back away from my cows, and the neighbor came and got him. I breathed a sigh of relief, because that was trouble in the making.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like my Dad says, the squeeze chute always rattles a lot more when you work on an Angus.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We run hereford and bwf cows. Neighbor, that didn't live on his farm, had an older charlois bull that loved to trash fences. Son called up the owner, bragged on the neighbors calves, managed to buy the bull. Sold him next week at the market. Took a loss but cheaper than chasing the bastard back and fixing fence every other day.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,210
Posts18,466,168
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.