Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They haven't announced anything about vaccinations, but it could come to that. Specifically, not being able to cross a border unless you are vaccinated and have proof of same.

As it stands, rather than stopping all border crossings for a longer period of time - say 6 months - they are doing it month to month. This shorter period presents a (false) hope to travellers. You wait another 4 weeks for the announcement. It's an illusion that the COVID thing may be over sooner than you expect. But of course, it is not. We've seen this already. June became July. July became August. August became September, etc.

The way I see it, when the doctors were consulting in private with politicians and told them that it wouldn't be until the end of the year, or even into 2021, the government should have been open and declared the country closed until Dec 31st. Tell everyone that it might be possible to open before that, but it is too early to tell. Plan accordingly. Another announcement will be made in the fall.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Like women, governments can, and do, change their minds.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, they do. Had they announced a longer closure, people could have vented their anger or dismay and gotten it out of their systems. As it stands, the anger festers. More with people from outside of Canada who planned vacations, hunts or other trips.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
My father talked of a boy that did not want hurt his dog by cutting off it's tail, so he cut it off an inch at a time.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
As I understand it Canada invoked its Quarantine Act and under that legislation it has to be renewed every 30 days.

I don’t talk politics with my American friends—many of whom hate Trump and many of whom love him. They all assume that I think the same way they do. I know it’s dishonest but I just let them think whatever. I don’t like to argue.

I seem to have to answer a lot of questions about how our Parlimintary System works and most Americans can’t seem to get their head around the fact that we don’t vote personally for the Prime Minister. I really have no idea how Roberts Rules of Order work so I generally explain to people that I’m just a peckerwood who lives in the bush with too many guns.

I heard something interesting from a Canadian friend who claimed that no Politician in Canada could come out in favour of opening the border—because its something like 80% of the population is in favour of keeping the border closed. An American friend told me that there will be no push to open the border until after the election—he said if one Covid case came in from Canada it would be all Trumps Fault.

Locally we have had one of our nicest Summers in a long time—calm weather—just enough rain and great fishing—just wish I could share it with my usual American buddies.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The act renewal does, but that is separate from the time the borders could be closed. For example, they close the border for 6 months, assess monthly, and lift the people restriction should the situation allow.

Goods are still moving back and forth. travel is the most restricted. No doubt other things would be affected.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/q-1.1/FullText.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Is there any kind of date set for the next monthly announcement? I know it’s a long shot, but my moose/bear hunt in Newfoundland hasn’t officially been cancelled yet. If the border does happen to open up, I’m due to leave for Canada on Sept 29. If the closure is extended, my hunt is bumped to 2021.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It was extending 30 days until 21 Sept. The announcement extending it to October will be made on or around 21 September. If it happens the same as the rest, the border will remain closed until 21 Oct.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Steve,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they give us some sort of indication prior to the 21st, as that gives me very little notice before we are set to depart. If not, I’ll guess I’ll just have my bags packed and wait...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've given up, by September 21'st, I'll be running a combine.

IC B3

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 257wthbylover, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.