Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kappa8
Why does every discussion devolve into ego spats & name calling?

Elkhunter, if you want to contribute something worthwhile, pls tell us which current crossbow scopes are NOT made in China to help those of us in the market for buying a scope.

What have you contributed? Did you read any of my posts, where I said all crossbow scopes are made in CHINA? Did Rick Bin make you a moderator?

That's not the xb30 that's the xb1. The same POS I had with the loose focus ring. It is a shame that they all seem to be made in China.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Lorin
I have the hawke xb30. I am pleased. No reason for me to upgrade

They work well with a 400 FPS bow for sure.
That's odd. Hawke says they're calibrated for a 330 fps bow.

Speed dial on it goes to 450 fps. I set the dial to 400, and sighted it in at 20 and it so far has been on to 40 yards. 20 bolts shot thus far. Zero wobble and adjustments work as advertised. Too bad they are made in China just like the Vortex Crossfire II.
That's not the xb30 that's the xb1. The same POS I had with the loose focus ring. It is a shame that they all seem to be made in China.

Really, I guess like usual you don't know what the Fu-ck you are talking about. I have to put your very dumb azz back on ignore.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I confused the model #'s in this instance and that is all. Hawke does market a fixed 3x crossbow scope calibrated to 330 fps and that is the one I thought you were talking about. So sue me ass hole.

Last edited by Blackheart; 08/28/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Speed dial on it goes to 450 fps. I set the dial to 400, and sighted it in at 20 and it so far has been on to 40 yards. 20 bolts shot thus far. Zero wobble and adjustments work as advertised. Too bad they are made in China just like the Vortex Crossfire II.

See what I bolded ? Is there a speed dial on the 3x scope? Let me answer that for you ....Duh No.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

See what I bolded ? Is there a speed dial on the 3x scope? Let me answer that for you ....Duh No.
I wasn't contesting that. I thought you had the model number of the scopes mixed up. You're still an ass hole.

K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
What have you contributed? Did you read any of my posts, where I said all crossbow scopes are made in CHINA?

Having asked the original question and trying to learn about crossbow scopes through others' ownership (my own experience being limited to the one scope I own) limits my ability to contribute in that sense.

Yes, I've read your posts above and the only two crossbow scopes which you called out being made in China are Hawke XB30 and Vortex Crossfire II. That's a bit different from "where I said all crossbow scopes are made in CHINA". Two is not quite "all". There are other threads (unsure whether this forum or others) where contributors identified scopes are also made in Taiwan and Korea.

So, to avoid China confusion, perhaps the more "geographically correct" way of asking question is - do you know of any crossbow scopes not made in the pacific rim region?

My preference is to avoid lower quality China products, but it's nearly impossible to find country of origin for any products in most websites. Most manufacturers roll the dice of lower quality with a robust warranty and say "if you don't like it, we'll exchange it".

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn't find any that weren't made in China and I looked at a bunch from Hawke, TruGlo, Vortex, Sight Mark, Ten Point, Bear and a couple others I forget now. I ended up going with the Vortex because I figured if I was going to get Chinese junk regardless, I might as well buy one with the best guarantee in the business and Vortex's VIP is the best.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Then you’re looking at the Leapold Crossbones - discontinued, or the Zeiss x-bow scope ( I’ll have to google the model) - both are quite a bit more in cost.

But - I believe Zeisd Terra is Asia in origin as well.

Last edited by AH64guy; 08/28/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What have you contributed? Did you read any of my posts, where I said all crossbow scopes are made in CHINA?

Having asked the original question and trying to learn about crossbow scopes through others' ownership (my own experience being limited to the one scope I own) limits my ability to contribute in that sense.

Yes, I've read your posts above and the only two crossbow scopes which you called out being made in China are Hawke XB30 and Vortex Crossfire II. That's a bit different from "where I said all crossbow scopes are made in CHINA". Two is not quite "all". There are other threads (unsure whether this forum or others) where contributors identified scopes are also made in Taiwan and Korea.

So, to avoid China confusion, perhaps the more "geographically correct" way of asking question is - do you know of any crossbow scopes not made in the pacific rim region?

My preference is to avoid lower quality China products, but it's nearly impossible to find country of origin for any products in most websites. Most manufacturers roll the dice of lower quality with a robust warranty and say "if you don't like it, we'll exchange it".

No I do not know of any non China crossbow scopes. I like the Sig scope and rangefinder combo, unsure where that is made. If one were looking for a non busy reticle that might be the ticket.

ok here is a Japanese made scope and rangefinder

link

K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I didn't find any that weren't made in China and I looked at a bunch from Hawke, TruGlo, Vortex, Sight Mark, Ten Point, Bear and a couple others I forget now.

Seems like we should stop talking about country of origin any further, because...

Originally Posted by AH64guy
But - I believe Zeiss Terra is Asia in origin as well.

...when germans optics companies outsource to China, the world has lost its compass.

K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
link

HAH! At 20 yards, those deer don't stand a chance!
[Linked Image from borkholderarchery.com]
[Linked Image from pullthetrigger.co.uk]

Last edited by kappa8; 08/28/20.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
link

HAH! At 20 yards, those deer don't stand a chance!
[Linked Image from borkholderarchery.com]
[Linked Image from pullthetrigger.co.uk]

Wyvern has these for 499. I'm not shooting past 40 yards although my bow can easily do it but I am seriously deciding on this.

K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
The perfect setup would be finding QD mounts on an adjustable baseplate with the same re-connect point on bow, rifle, etc. Then you'd have perfect portability between firearms with a single setup. A single $500 outlay (plus a couple adjustable QD bases) and you're set forever!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have heard mixed reviews on rifles . I would keep it dedicated to archery. I was thinking of buying another backup bow and I could switch them out with QR rings.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.