-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We have 4 bird feeders in our yard, 2 for hummingbirds and 2 with seed in them. Lots of mockingbirds, red birds, finches, wrens, hummingbirds, etc. around all day, every day..... except for today. Not a bird anywhere to be seen. Once in a while I see or hear a crow, but that's all.

Neighbors cows that are usually scattered over the pasture are staying near the barn.

Bees are acting funny today. Usually in the morning they are coming in with pollen.... not this morning. They are ganged up at the entrance to the hives. Not fanning like they are hot, just ganged up there.

I noticed some ants this morning heading for high ground. They were hauling larva from the ground up into a tree that has a hole where a limb died and fell off.

The animals know that bad weather is coming.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All the birds here disappeared, but they are back now

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
We have 4 bird feeders in our yard, 2 for hummingbirds and 2 with seed in them. Lots of mockingbirds, red birds, finches, wrens, hummingbirds, etc. around all day, every day..... except for today. Not a bird anywhere to be seen. Once in a while I see or hear a crow, but that's all.

Neighbors cows that are usually scattered over the pasture are staying near the barn.

Bees are acting funny today. Usually in the morning they are coming in with pollen.... not this morning. They are ganged up at the entrance to the hives. Not fanning like they are hot, just ganged up there.

I noticed some ants this morning heading for high ground. They were hauling larva from the ground up into a tree that has a hole where a limb died and fell off.

They are better weather forecasters then we will ever be.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I know! Right?

Had to kick 4 bucks off the porch this morning! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Impending something??

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m
Impending something??

Hurricane.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll bet they can sense the pressure dropping. I notice in the winter, deer will feed during the day when a snowstorm is due in. Must be like a last call for eats.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Cows will bunch up if rain is coming. Stupid things will get close to a fence sometimes and you lose them all from lightening

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking at my "Windy" app on my phone for prevailing winds, and "Dark Sky" for rainfall, if it ain't actually raining where you are yet those hummers could be taking advantage of the sustained east winds to make tracks on migration, a great many go around the Gulf rather than across it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Storm coming. Those ants say lots of rain.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cats and dogs, living together.

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
What are the DemoRats doing?

Stacking up school buses in low lying areas?

Getting boats ready for looting?

Parking in WWorld parking lots?

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Better take a cue from them!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It is a sign........Trump is winning.

By a landslide!

Originally Posted by Oldman3

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Natures weather forecast!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.