Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Almost 100% what they will do is convene an Inquest, to present evidence and compel and lock in witness testimony. It would make it look like the DA is trying everything possible.
A decision from an Inquest Jury that the Rittenhouse shootings were self defense would give huge cover to the DA when he declines to issue charges, although Inquest Jury findings are advisory.

Takes at least a month maybe two to convene an Inquest Jury and get a Judge lined up to run it, so they can string things out.

It's also a good way for the DA.to get a preview of what issues a jury will struggle with prior to actually charging anyone.

Bet they will announce it shortly before the end of business tomorrow (Friday afternoon is slow news day) and quietly drop the UFAP warrant and release Rittenhouse.

Last edited by cv540; 08/27/20.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by irfubar
Paul you seem to have plenty of time for jousting here at the campfire, why don't you put that time to good use and inform yourself?

How would you suggest I inform myself on the train of thought that leads campfire members to their conclusions?

Seek and find info... draw your own conclusions..... then argue... smile

Or you can continue this troll like passive aggressive behavior.... your choice, don't be surprised when certain people call bullshit

Thats all he knows. A week's worth of Ironed spandex outfits with matching socks come first

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Does the DA decide in Wisconsin or does it have to go to a grand jury?

I'm 90% they require GJ's.

I was digging in Wisconsin State Law, and a DA can file a complaint without a Grand Jury. The complaint is filed with a judge, who decides whether there is probable cause for a summons/warrant. This is the beginning of the filing of charges. Another option is to convene a Grand Jury, who can decide or not, but the GJ is not required. See section 968. et all, and specifically, 968.06.

I thank you for your research and I hope you die for pointing out my being wrong.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There's a pay wall, so it's unreadable unless you pay.

What can I say?

I'm a ballah.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I was digging in Wisconsin State Law, and a DA can file a complaint without a Grand Jury. The complaint is filed with a judge, who decides whether there is probable cause for a summons/warrant. This is the beginning of the filing of charges. Another option is to convene a Grand Jury, who can decide or not, but the GJ is not required. See section 968. et all, and specifically, 968.06.

I thank you for your research and I hope you die for pointing out my being wrong.

I'm sure that when I die, that will indeed be my cause of death. I'll make sure it's on the grave marker too. "Flave was wrong, but I should have STFU about it."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540

It's also a good way for the DA.to get a preview of what issues a jury will struggle with prior to actually charging anyone.

That's interesting.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?

At what point when being chased by BLM felons when cut off from your group are you NOT in fear for your life?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are good. You gave yourself an out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Flave was wrong, but I should have STFU about it."

That would really mean a lot to me.

Thank you.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

No pay wall for me?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

No pay wall for me?

Weird. It's trying to force me to join first, before I can read the article.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

No pay wall for me?

No pay wall for me either..... just an article about how stupid Wisconsinites are..... I knew that already though

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Guess what. I closed out FireFox and opened Safari, then went to his link and clicked. Now there's no pay wall. I guess they only want FireFox users to join up before they can read the article.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The second and third shoots were clearly justifiable. How was the child molester still an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury after he threw the incendiary device?

At what point when being chased by BLM felons when cut off from your group are you NOT in fear for your life?

That's the wrong question in my mind. The question is, what leads you to the reasonable belief that the specific member of you shot in self-defense was an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury? I explained earlier why I don't like using the word fear in justifying deadly force in self defense. Subsequent to asking the quaoted question, several links were posted that helped provide greater context.

I felt confident that he would not be convicted of murder, but was struggling with some substance to help me articulate it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's the wrong question in my mind. The question is, what leads you to the reasonable belief that the specific member of you shot in self-defense was an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury? I explained earlier why I don't like using the word fear in justifying deadly force in self defense. Subsequent to asking the quaoted question, several links were posted that helped provide greater context.

I felt confident that he would not be convicted of murder, but was struggling with some substance to help me articulate it.

Damn Paul... have you been living under a rock? these violent rioters have killed and attempted to kill several people.... that is the imminent threat

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Be that as it may, it's your opinion. Some may agree, and others not...

But the fact remains that "a reasonable person in fear for their life, or other's" may resort to deadly force. That's the legal standard.

Obviously, even beyond that, he was retreating. He wasn't even "standing his ground", which has become the legal standard in many states.

I believe he showed amazing restraint.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by qwk
There won’t be any charges here. From the many videos out there, it’s pretty clear what went on. That kid did about as good as it can get, given the circumstances. Guys with 1000% more experience could only hope for a similar outcome on a battlefield.

Their mayor, DA, and sheriff are way over their collective heads.

Absolute morons.

I am not so sure I agree. I don't think a DA, a mayor and a sheriff (let alone all three) all of whom have to be somewhat educated and experienced are dumb enough to not see how absurd pressing charge here is, let alone murder 1. There's a LOT more going on behind the scenes then anyone here knows.

For all we know, this whole nationwide civil unrest is being staged by some behind the scenes conservative, to make the dems look worse and worse in hopes for a conservative outcome in Nov. That may be far fetched, but I am not pushing any possible explanation aside at this point.

The greater the magnitude of this shït show, the worse it is for the democrats and their handlers.

And for the record, I don't want to hang out...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Tucker had a journalist on last night that WAS there. Within 6-8 ft away, WAY closer than the video that could exonerate the kid.

Do you remember the reporter's name? I'd love to see the interview.

Kingston, Can't remember his name off hand. I'll re-watch the segment tonight when I get home and let you know.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

But the fact remains that "a reasonable person in fear for their life, or other's" may resort to deadly force. That's the legal standard.

Obviously, even beyond that, he was retreating. He wasn't even "standing his ground", which has become the legal standard in many states.

I believe he showed amazing restraint.

Well put!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Beaver10

In some States, including shîthole Oregon you can use lethal force against an arsonist, if said arsonist is about to set light to a structure where a person would be thought inside.

Throwing a fire bomb at a person...Same thing.

Your questions lately seem to come from a lens that once the initial, unsuccessful, act is done, you assume there wouldn’t be anymore violence from a person towards his/her targeted victim...Akin to being shot at until bad guy runs out of ammo...Why shoot him? He was out of bullets.

😎

Further, PB's positions imply omniscience, which is absurd.

No, my position implies that I need more information on the first shoot. Absurdity is staking out a position and being unable to articulate why you hold that position.

"well, I shot him because I was afraid" probably ain't gonna cut it in court.

Dayam. WTF has somebody been putting in your food?

If any of those videos do not show you the kid was easily "in fear for his life", then you need to polish your fugken eye sockets.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,924 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.