Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Will be doing some bow hunting from a tent-type pop-up blind. Need a super quiet squeak free chair that swivels.

Any suggestions?

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I use office style chairs in my blinds. Just picked up 5 used ones for $40 and they are built like tanks. I can’t buy one new for a similar price.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I use a 5 gallon bucket with swivel top. 100% noise free.

If you need a swivel "chair" per se with backrest, I've been told by a number of hunters avoid the Cabela's brand 360 degree swivel chair. It tends to become squeaky in cold weather.

Last edited by kappa8; 08/28/20.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Craig2506
I use office style chairs in my blinds. Just picked up 5 used ones for $40 and they are built like tanks. I can’t buy one new for a similar price.

Uneven ground so I'm not sure something with regular rollers would work? Could take them off I suppose, but still that is a bit heavy to tote to my spot.

Hoping to find somehting light with a swivel seat. Back rest would be a plus.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kappa8

If you need a swivel "chair" per se with backrest, I've been told by a number of hunters avoid the Cabela's brand 360 degree swivel chair. It tends to become squeaky in cold weather.

I've got a dove field bucket with roller swiver type seat on it. Tad noisy.

What brand do you have/like?

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Take this FWIW and what it costs you

I used to try and hunt 360 degrees, but
after getting busted by smart old does
and bucks many times, I try and only
hunt and watch in a roughly 90 degree
area away from me. What I can watch
without moving my head any and giving
myself away with movement is what I'll
watch. I'll arrange my area to where it's
extremely thick behind me and don't
have to worry about anything behind me.
I get at least one deer a year and don't
worry about what may or may not have
passed by elsewhere

I sit in a regular chair I fished out of the
trash where they were remodeling a
waiting room area with a $5.00 walmart
cushion to ease the cheeks

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

We use office chairs in all of our blinds, in pop up blinds we use a office chair with out wheels, WD-40 on all moving parts, if it's a bow blind we use chairs with out arm rests, in ground blinds we use folding chair with a seat pad or 2 depends on how tall our hunter is, back rests are a must have if your going to sit a long time in a blind, on a slow day. what ever works for you is best.

RIO7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas has one that works quite well. Cost around $50 as I recall.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7

We use office chairs in all of our blinds, in pop up blinds we use a office chair with out wheels, WD-40 on all moving parts, if it's a bow blind we use chairs with out arm rests, in ground blinds we use folding chair with a seat pad or 2 depends on how tall our hunter is, back rests are a must have if your going to sit a long time in a blind, on a slow day. what ever works for you is best.

RIO7

Bow blind = no arms on the chair. Sounds right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just use a 5 gal. bucket with the swivel seat (extra cushion optional) in small Ameristep pop up blinds, although one year I had one set up on a slight slope and got a "Field & Stream" swivel chair that was on sale at Dick's ( even though I try to avoid Dick's) because the 4 legs that extend out from the center of the swivel hub are individually adjustable so you can compensate for a slight hill and still be level. Needed something with adjustment like that and it was the only thing I could find. Works good on hills. No squeaks out of either one yet.

Last edited by 22250rem; 08/29/20.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The chair made by Millenium tree stands is nice, quiet, adjustable for uneven ground, very comfortable, and not cheap. But I use mine as an office chair in the off season to justify the cost. Great chair, there may be a knock off equivalent that’s less expensive now. I’ve had mine a couple years or so.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have several Alps Outdoor Z Stealth Hunter chairs. Very pleased with the comfort and noise level. I have the version without the arm rests for bow hunting. You can pick them up on Amazon...

https://www.alpsbrands.com/alpsoutdoorz/products/furniture/stealth-hunter

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Alps O Z Stealth looks like the one for me. I can't do a 5-gallon bucket for several hours.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by kappa8

I've got a dove field bucket with roller swiver type seat on it. Tad noisy.

What brand do you have/like?

I bought my first at Jay's forever ago, but have also purchased three more over the last couple years from Cabela's. The swivel seats are 5-gallon bucket lid type. I have two different bucket heights depending which blind I'm in. They're out at deer camp, else I'd look at them and let you know more specifically.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use boat chairs

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
The Alps O Z Stealth looks like the one for me. I can't do a 5-gallon bucket for several hours.

Came in today. 5-min to assemble and then took it for a test drive. Totally quiet. Height adjustable. Comfy too!

A tad heavy if you were going to carry for miles and miles, but with the include shoulder strap I'll no issue toting it 1/4 mile or so to my spot.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hanco
I use boat chairs

I too use good plastic boat chairs and get the good stainless swivels. I then mount it all to whatever base I decide on, usually a 7 gallon plastic bucket with reinforced top. I'm tall and like the added height a 7 gal bucket offers. Been using setups like this for years, very quiet and comfortable for when I'm sitting.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
interesting. i my self was looking for such a chair . found it .i'd be happier if it had a back rest say la ve .

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by misser
interesting. i my self was looking for such a chair . found it .i'd be happier if it had a back rest say la ve .

The chair I spoke of (Alps O Z Stealth) does have a back rest. Available with our without arm rests.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Old office chair, plenty of WD-40.

DF

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,176 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,777
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.