Print Thread
Hop To
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm in the process of building a hunting blind big enough for my SIL and grandson to hunt together. My SIL had blind built on a trailer last year by the local high school FFA. It looks great and is big enough for the whole family but it's already falling apart. I like to build deer blinds that will last.

I built a blind in 1988 that lasted until I sold it 5 years ago (lost our lease). I made it with wheels on side, narrow enough to fit between the fender wells in my PU and could be loaded/unloaded by one person. It had 4 small sliding windows with glass panes and aluminum frames. They only cost about $15 each at Lowe's and were mounted on the outside. Me and Google can't find windows like that anywhere in the world.

I found some Banks Outdoor windows at Midway and ordered a couple to see in I like them. I don't like them because they're all plastic, mount on the inside. have round corners which will make them harder to install and they cost $50 each. I found some other deer blind windows at a deer blind manufacturer but they were way more expensive.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciate

Last edited by victoro; 08/29/20.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I make mine like this. They fold up and in. I silicone a piece of glass in the middle. The stick is temporary to keep owls out until I get glass installed

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Tin roof, not on yet

Survived the hurricane, eye went right over our lease.

Last edited by hanco; 08/30/20.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by victoro
It had 4 small sliding windows with glass panes and aluminum frames. They only cost about $15 each at Lowe's and were mounted on the outside. Me and Google can't find windows like that anywhere in the world.

Have you tried Deerview Windows? You won't find anything like you describe for $15 each today, of course, but the Deerview sliders should be exactly what you're looking for. I have multiple sets of the horizontal sliders, both the 2 pane and 3 pane versions, and they are fantastic! They make both horizontal and vertical sliding windows in a variety of sizes, both for inside and outside mounting, with glass panes and aluminum frames as you specified. You can also choose from clear or gray tinted glass.

http://deerviewwindows.com/

Ted
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve had great luck using deerview windows. They make a quality product that is easy to install.

Attached Images
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
for window's, just buy some plexiglass and use some wood to build up a small lip and you can slide the glass left and right from inside as needed.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B2

R
R
Hey mate, here is a suggestion for you.

Why not replicate the blind you made like 1988 own you said, you could make addition creativity and anything to make it more advance to the 1988 own that lasted you until you sold it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you make your own use Lexan instead of plexi glass, it is much tougher and doesn't get brittle the way plexiglass does. More expensive but worth it. Our DIY blinds have either the ledge sliders or are just hinged to the frame and raised with a string. Rarely do I need to close them due to weather.

A friend built one with windows for a kids play house which were very nice but I haven't been able to find them. Basement windows are usually the right size and less expensive because they are small.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.