Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm in the process of building a hunting blind big enough for my SIL and grandson to hunt together. My SIL had blind built on a trailer last year by the local high school FFA. It looks great and is big enough for the whole family but it's already falling apart. I like to build deer blinds that will last.

I built a blind in 1988 that lasted until I sold it 5 years ago (lost our lease). I made it with wheels on side, narrow enough to fit between the fender wells in my PU and could be loaded/unloaded by one person. It had 4 small sliding windows with glass panes and aluminum frames. They only cost about $15 each at Lowe's and were mounted on the outside. Me and Google can't find windows like that anywhere in the world.

I found some Banks Outdoor windows at Midway and ordered a couple to see in I like them. I don't like them because they're all plastic, mount on the inside. have round corners which will make them harder to install and they cost $50 each. I found some other deer blind windows at a deer blind manufacturer but they were way more expensive.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by victoro; 08/29/20.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Used these guys for years and work well!!!

Deer Blind Windows | Cleburne, TX - The Original Deer Blind ...
https://www.thedeerblindwindow.com

Experienced Manufacturer of Deer Blind Windows
Swing Sash. The Swing Sash is an inside-mount window made with an aluminum frame and …
Framed Swing Sash. This is a high-quality outside-mount window made with an aluminum frame …

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Texasdude29
Used these guys for years and work well!!!

Deer Blind Windows | Cleburne, TX - The Original Deer Blind ...
https://www.thedeerblindwindow.com

Experienced Manufacturer of Deer Blind Windows
Swing Sash. The Swing Sash is an inside-mount window made with an aluminum frame and …
Framed Swing Sash. This is a high-quality outside-mount window made with an aluminum frame …

That's the first place I looked when I couldn't find the small aluminum windows I wanted. I can't afford anything they sell.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. The 24' X 11.5" windows are exactly like the windows I had (except of the price). I looked at Amazon but just didn't use the right search words and Google search really sucks..

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad that helped!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does it get bitter cold there? Why do you need a blind?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
House trailer bathroom windows.

Turn them flat - longways.

Last i bought i wanna say $40

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does it get bitter cold there? Why do you need a CLOSE ABLE WINDOW
FIXT.

So those inside can move around, lean back in a padded office chair, work the coleman stove, fix lunch, take a nap, make love,...

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why dont you just get a camper trailer and drape it with camo like a huge gillie suit?

Last edited by jnyork; 08/29/20.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I just sit on a favorite log or rock up on the mountain, dark to dark. At times it gets very cold, but I treasure every day I’m able to do it.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V

It can get real cold, wet and windy in Texas but I just don't want be uncomfortable at age 77. I used to tough it out when I was younger but don't see any point in it now. When was a young kid and hunted deer with my grandfather he's just find a good tree and climb up in it. Then I'd climb up and we'd sit on a limb for hours. I have no memory of being cold or hot when was young.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro

It can get real cold, wet and windy in Texas but I just don't want want be uncomfortable at age 77. I used to tough it out when I was younger but don't see any point in it now. When was a young kid and hunted deer with my grandfather he's just find a good tree and climb up in it. Then I'd climb up and we'd sit on a limb for hours. I have no memory of being cold or hot when was young.

Same here. I've sat on a limb till my azz was so numb that I couldn't feel it. Had so many clothes on trying to stay warm, that I couldn't move. Been so wet that I probably could have squeezed several gallons of water out of my hide. Had to back then if I wanted a shot at a deer. Don't have to now, and I fully enjoy my hunting blind........6 foot by 6 foot, on a wagon, insulated, heated, and my old office chair in there. I can move it where I want it, and the deer don't care, as we killed 4 nice bucks out of it last year. If they're using the other side of the farm, then I'll go sit in my 4 X 6 house that's sitting up 10 foot high. It's a nice comfortable place too.

As for windows, I made my own out of plexiglass. Made them to slide, and they work great.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I make mine fold up and in. I have a 6”x16 piece of glass siliconed In place in the middle of each window.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used to do work for lady, she told me her dad, when he hunted at Ft Campbell, would carry a six foot aluminum step ladder a little ways into the treeline, enough to either sit on top off it or get himself up to a good limb. Guess he had a skinny old man ass. grin

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I used to do work for lady, she told me her dad, when he hunted at Ft Campbell, would carry a six foot aluminum step ladder a little ways into the treeline, enough to either sit on top off it or get himself up to a good limb. Guess he had a skinny old man ass. grin

I did that as a teenager, I like sitting in an office chair now, cause I have an old man’s ass!!

Last edited by hanco; 08/29/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

It can get real cold, wet and windy in Texas but I just don't want want be uncomfortable at age 77. I used to tough it out when I was younger but don't see any point in it now. When was a young kid and hunted deer with my grandfather he's just find a good tree and climb up in it. Then I'd climb up and we'd sit on a limb for hours. I have no memory of being cold or hot when was young.

Same here. I've sat on a limb till my azz was so numb that I couldn't feel it. Had so many clothes on trying to stay warm, that I couldn't move. Been so wet that I probably could have squeezed several gallons of water out of my hide. Had to back then if I wanted a shot at a deer. Don't have to now, and I fully enjoy my hunting blind........6 foot by 6 foot, on a wagon, insulated, heated, and my old office chair in there. I can move it where I want it, and the deer don't care, as we killed 4 nice bucks out of it last year. If they're using the other side of the farm, then I'll go sit in my 4 X 6 house that's sitting up 10 foot high. It's a nice comfortable place too.

As for windows, I made my own out of plexiglass. Made them to slide, and they work great.

I have built about three, but not for cold or wind. Only just something with a roof to hunt during the rain.

Problem with those, 2 spots we burned out after only a couple of hunts. Deer either shifted trails to/from natural food sources or busted me, then it would be a nothing spot.

I think I have had some other people hunting my blind while at was at that thing called a JOB. Find candy wrappers and cig butts. Putting extra burnout time and conditioning to the deer to avoid that spot altogether.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hanco

I did that as a teenager, I like sitting in an office chair now, cause I have an old man’s ass!!

You got that right. Those oak tree limbs are a lot harder than they were 50 years ago.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by hanco

You got that right. Those oak tree limbs are a lot harder than they were 50 years ago.

Yep, don’t like walking barefoot anymore either!

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I have built about three, but not for cold or wind. Only just something with a roof to hunt during the rain.

Problem with those, 2 spots we burned out after only a couple of hunts. Deer either shifted trails to/from natural food sources or busted me, then it would be a nothing spot.

I think I have had some other people hunting my blind while at was at that thing called a JOB. Find candy wrappers and cig butts. Putting extra burnout time and conditioning to the deer to avoid that spot altogether.

Id be placing some trail cams, Slum one watching the blind and another placed farther away watching the first.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
828 members (10gaugemag, 12308300, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 85 invisible), 3,254 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.