24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have been using the original badlands diablo for several years and the size is perfect for what I carry but it has no pockets that I can reach while wearing it. I am looking for your opinion on a comparable pack with a couple pockets big enough for a rangefinder and a couple calls that can be reached without removing the pack.

Wac em and stack em
BP-B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Is there something that you don't like about six-pocket pants and a shirt with pockets? That's what I use.

Some packs have pockets on the hip belt, but the zippers never seem to work just right.

Some packs have pockets on the side for water bottles, which can be reached while wearing the pack. But things can fall out of those side pockets and get lost. Specially small things like a rangefinder or call.

I suppose that one could use a vest with pockets.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Have you considered a small chest pack like the Hill People Gear kit bag? They're perfect for that and also have a compartment for a pistol if you ever carry one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Do you use binos when you hunt? Maybe an Alaska Guide Creations bino pack, either with or without a M.A.X pocket, would be worth a look. Even if you don't carry binos, it makes a great chest pack.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Do you use binos when you hunt? Maybe an Alaska Guide Creations bino pack, either with or without a M.A.X pocket, would be worth a look. Even if you don't carry binos, it makes a great chest pack.

Love my AGC

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
ADC is to bulky in my opinion. I like the Further Fast Designs Bino chest harness.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Badlands makes an accessory pocket..pretty sure it fits the belt, if so buy one for each side of the waist belt..might be worth a look

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019531880?pid=406904

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out. I do carry binoculars on a chest harness so might work. I also have seen the badlands everything pockets and considered them, that would be the cheapest solution compared to buying another pack.

Wac em and stack em
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There are a ton of choices for bino harnesses with additional space for the items you mentioned. If you go that route you will have plenty of research to do. I ended over recent years with a few different designs as I learned what I preferred.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
love my Alaska Guide creation pack. Keep flashlight, rangefinder, binos, windchecker, deer tags and a few extra rounds of ammo. Also keep a small Gideon Bible in the back pocket that my wife got me to keep with me on my adventures.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So I have a diablo also, but have been trying to use other things. This last weekend was using a badlands monster and Kuiu Attack. I did like the hip pockets and I don’t like phones, GPS or maps flailing around in my cargo pants and can’t access the main pocket without taking the belt off the pack

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eberlestock Mainframe with 2 Batwings and a Buttbucket for archery or a scabbard for rifle hunting. Best rig I have seen for being able to haul meat on the first trip out as well as being a reasonable daypack.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

^^^ dead nuts on

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I use a Mystery Ranch Pinter for a pack and the AGC chest harness/bino pack. It works for me.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by mad_okie
I have been using the original badlands diablo for several years and the size is perfect for what I carry but it has no pockets that I can reach while wearing it. I am looking for your opinion on a comparable pack with a couple pockets big enough for a rangefinder and a couple calls that can be reached without removing the pack.

This could be a very costly remedy haha. As a self diagnosed pack addict, I can say one handed operation on belt pouches work well on Kuiu, Stone Glacier and Kifaru gear. The recommendation of a bino harness with accessory pockets is sound advice for smaller items. I run accessory pockets on my Kuiu and FHF bino harnesses.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
845 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 81 invisible), 3,230 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.