Print Thread
Hop To
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I picked up one of these a little while back and put it in the safe. Decided to get it out and shoot it and the first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable the 18hole “radial brake” was. Replaced it with a standard birdcage and mounted a Trigicon Huron 1-4 on top in a leupold mount. I worked up a few loads with IMR 4320 and a 63g Sierra SMP. I have 7# of 4320 on hand and nothing to use it in so figured I’d try to find a load with it first. It didn’t take long and the rifle printed several of these.

No real use for the rifle. Might shoot a deer with it, might take it coyote calling, might need it for god knows what before it’s over. I think the 63g Sierra should make a good all around bullet, and the accuracy isn’t horrible either.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
download instagram fotos

ARIC

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
In what way? "... the first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable the 18hole “radial brake” was."

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by GunGeezer
In what way? "... the first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable the 18hole “radial brake” was."

First- The shockwave that hits you in the face Everytime you pull the trigger. Million posts on the web about the MPR and the brake that comes on it.

Second- the noise.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

First- The shockwave that hits you in the face Everytime you pull the trigger. Million posts on the web about the MPR and the brake that comes on it.

Second- the noise.

I totally concur. My girlfriend has one and the damn thing was too obnoxious to shoot. She complained about it and I tried it out and she was right. Ruger had their heads up their azzes on that one. I replaced the one she had with a linear comp and it is much better now. A few weekends ago, my girlfriend and I went to one of my buddies houses and we were shooting our AR's. My buddy has the MPR and my girlfriend said she wanted to see if his was as obnoxious as hers used to be and he said she could shoot it, but we all felt the muzzle blast from his rifle. It wasn't even necessary to get directly behind it and shoot it because it was so obvious. She said, "no, I don't need to shoot it". "I can tell from 10' back that it is bad"!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Tks ...somehow I'd missed that info before.

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Ruger MPR checked all the boxes for me. First thing I changed was to a linear brake.

Mounted a VX-R 2-7x33 on mine with the intent to use as an occasional calling gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Very nice......with the trigger and rifle length gas system; it checked several boxes for me as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
261 members (1Longbow, 222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,929 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.