Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BwanaND Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
If COVID allows we are planning on spending Christmas to New Years in St. Augustine, FL. For you folks in the know, is there any decent saltwater fishing to be had that time of year and if so, what species? Is there a certain guide or captain you would recommend? I've never done a guided fishing trip nor caught a saltwater fish as we don't have any here in the northland. wink

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
there is a bait shop there named avid angler stop in or call ahead for info . there is some good guides that work there part time

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Bwana,
I am a member of GON Forum (Ga Outdoors News) and checked St Augustine reports. Looks like I have a couple of recommendations:
Conch House Marine & Comanche Cove Marine. Capt Billy with Endless Summer Charters and Robert on the Jody Lynn I have never fished out of that area and know nothing about the marinas or these guides. I’m just passing this information on from the GON forum this is information from last summer so not sure how current it is right now. Hope this helps good luck and be safe.
PS I was stationed in Grand Forks North Dakota 1980 to 1984 in the USAF. B-52 weapons officer radar navigator. When I wasn’t flying or pulling alert tours I was hunting and fishing my butt off thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to get back up there one of these days. Family comes from Wisconsin and Minnesota so it’s not too far from the homeland. A funny story when legendary comedian red Skelton got off an airplane in North Dakota he remarked that it’s one of the few places he doesn’t have to look up to see the sky! Have a good one

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i can add that both boats are very well keep up and have a good cap. & crew . they both use the machine shop were i work for their prop. shaft work and a few other needs . both are off shore boats. fishing is going to basted on the weather you mite have 30s with rain &wind or 80s and sunshine. inshore is the same

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Both of those boats catch fish. They are big boats and will be for offshore trips. If you are thinking about staying inshore(trout, Redfish, etc) I would look at other options

IC B2

BwanaND Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the inputs folks, I much appreciate it.

GAGoober-What Ol' Red said is true, you can see the weather coming for quite some time but it makes for some great sunsets!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BwanaND: I wanted to pass this along to you.
I was hired some years ago to move a high dollar luxury vehicle from Montana to St Augustine, Florida - all expenses paid, plus $2,000.00 cash!
I poo-poo'ed that much cash as I had never been down SE before and wanted to see it.
Well it took me 3 (three!) days to get to St Augustine, Florida and I was exhausted once I got there - and I love to drive!
The wealthy people that hired me put me up in one of their four homes for resting for two nights and as I recuperated they toured me of St. Augustine and their two huge yachts and homes (Ft. Meyers and somewhere else I forget).
I absolutely LOVED that town and the beaches and inland waterway - I even got to pet a Manatee in one of their yacht basins.
Great seafood there and pleasing weather when I was there in late March.
By the way I want to go back there and tour that area.
I also took only $1,000.00 cash for my troubles and they MADE me take 2 firearms they used to keep on their seagoing yachts for protection from Caribbean pirates.
One gun was an unfired S&W Model 66 2" pistol!
Anyway I loved that town and its history and I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I did.
Drive careful if you are driving.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hey Bwana,
Here’s the places I hunted & fished when I lived in ND:
Deer Gun- Souris River near Bantry. Sheyenne nearMaddock. Sheyenne R near Aneta. Deer Archery - Turtle R headwaters near Kolden Dam. Fishing/ Devils lake, Ashtabula, Golden lake, Larimore dam, Turtle River , Red River (that was so much fun. Walleyes saugr & catfish). Duck & grouse / Huns near Stump Lske. I LOVED IT SO MUCH !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
varmint if you or any body else on the fire comes to town give me a holler

BwanaND Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
VarmitGuy - quite the adventure.

GAGoober - I've fished a number of those places, but haven't hunted any of those locales to date. Maybe someday.

44mc - thanks for giving me a place to start

IC B3

BwanaND Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Due to the whole COVID thing we decided to pull the plug but am hoping to make the same trip Christmas 2021.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BW if i aint dead give me a heads up on what you want to do and i will try to get you some info before you land here

BwanaND Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What an awesome offer and thanks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
not a prob. my family has been here sense this town started

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (444Matt, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 20 invisible), 1,769 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,182
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.