Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I got a very official looking packet from New York City notifying me that Remington Outdoors is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Why did anyone feel the need to send such a packet to me? I don't own stock in the company or anything. Could it be because I own a Remington product still under warranty?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is the first that I’ve heard of Remington sending anything out.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
the only reason I could see off the top of my head is warranty work if you'd registered something with them when you bought. They likely want to get out of any warranty obligations as part of the bankruptcy

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I, too, have received copies of Remington legal documents pertaining to their bankruptcy: NOTICE OF TELEPHONIC 341 MEETING. I was wondering the same thing. I don't own any stock in the company. Heck, I don't even own any Remington products that weren't handed down to me by my father, who recently passed away. And, while I was his POA, the paperwork was sent to me and not addressed to him.

Just realized that I missed the phone call anyway (mine was a dial-in today at 10:00 AM CST).

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have recieved two packets from them now. Not really sure what to make of all of it. Nothing under warrenty. ? Russ

NRA Benefactor Member
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mail and email for me...... I've only owned a couple in my entire life

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, got one as well. I wonder what they used for a mailing list. I haven't bought a new Remington since 1974.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe a lawyer trying to drum up enough clients to try a class action suit of some kind.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I got a very official looking packet from New York City notifying me that Remington Outdoors is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Why did anyone feel the need to send such a packet to me? I don't own stock in the company or anything. Could it be because I own a Remington product still under warranty?

Yep.

Think Trigger lawsuit. Bankruptcy can wipe out the associated unpaid claims.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Yep.

So my warranty is gone?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So.... y'all haven't opened it and looked to see what it says??

Last edited by Stophel; 09/01/20.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
So.... y'all haven't opened it and looked to see what it says??

Just a bunch of court document legalese. Nowhere does it say why it has anything to do with me, so it went into the circular file.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
How would Remington or the lawyers know whether you owned a Remington product or not?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seems like an unnecessary expense for an already floundering company.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got one also. I did send in for a rebate after purchasing a Remington rifle several years ago. Thats the only thing I can think of that may have got me on the list. I filed the packet in the appropriate receptacle.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Yep.

So my warranty is gone?

Legally, in general, yes. Warranties are contractual liabilities. If created before the date of the bankruptcy, they are null and void. Same goes for most judgement. Of course Remington can choose to honor it, and classify the cost as an asset called "good will", but they are under no legal requirement to do so once the bankruptcy is accepted by the courts.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by scoony
I got one also. I did send in for a rebate after purchasing a Remington rifle several years ago. Thats the only thing I can think of that may have got me on the list. I filed the packet in the appropriate receptacle.

grin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.