Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by magtech
Had a pro Chrono. I shot rifle over it, pistol, and arrows. This year by brother shot it while using pistol ( dumbass)

I decided to buy into the hype and get a lab radar. Since day one it had an issue where the sd port would wiggle when I shot, causing the until to shut off every shot. Lab radar wouldn't respond to emails so their effective felt no CS right now. Midway will take it back so I'm covered there.

Something else I can't stand about the LR, other than CS and bad QC are the menus. They are THE WORST to go through. The button/process flow here is utterly garbage.

Now for the good. I've shot 22lr, arrow, rifle, 9, etc through it and it works great ( when I don't use a sd card).

I like how I can pull the sonar readings for each shot to see fps at distance. I find that a snr reading under 20-30 us most bad data, but everything above that is pretty spot on. If you open the files in excel you'll see what I mean.

So after having this and the prochrono would I buy the LR again given the price disparity...Nope. the pro Chrono just worked, and was a way better price. I used the prochrono to get fps for cold bore hits at 500y. I didn't have to adjust the fps at all... The labrador gave me the same fps... So I can't argue there.

With the LR, I don't think you're supposed to shoot through it. grin

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the magnospeed, but have never used it. It would require me to push too many buttons. Maybe I tried it once in the backyard. Strapped some gizmo to my barrel.

I am still on the pro chrono. At 2500 feet elevation, sometimes the sky looks black and the chrono will not trigger. I turn it sideways and point it at a box and shoot between them.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Have you tried running a black line from a Sharpie round the bullet ogive? I do this on sunny days..haven`t lost a shot with the difusers on.

I tried this trick with my ProChrono today and shot across it for 20 rounds noon to 2pm with my 6mm CM and didn't miss one shot. However Hornady Black 105 grain wasn't as consistent as I hoped ES of 126 and SD of 36. I didn't run a line around the Ogive, I ran it right at the top of the case mouth. I also put a brand new battery in for GP, and because MD suggested it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
216 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.