Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Warren and Brown.

This is what I use.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Update: it’s the real deal. Hefty, easy to read, precise adjustments, and no doubt whatsoever about when you’ve reached the stopping point.

Kingston, I owe you yet another beer.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The fifty dollar one?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Aint runnin' a shop - just wanna wrench on the new Harley. 3/8" drive, 10-80 or 100 ft. lbs. would do all I have the interest for.

I bought a $19.95 Pittsburgh unit from Harbor Freight, & returned it immediately. Then I returned its replacement immediately. I'm kinda insistent that products I purchase actually [intercoursing] WORK. mad

From spending time on Amazon, it looks like one's gotta get to $125 or so to have some reasonable assurance that the thing will work for a decent period of time. Is this true? Is it CDI, or bust? Anything less seems to be Tainwanese/Chinese, 30 or less tooth, deceased-brand (stanley, craftsman), non-clicking, poorly labeled, non-certified, disposable stuff. I suppose I could just use blue Loctite on everything and get "snug" with a regular wrench.

What sayeth the peanut gallery, apart from, "[Whatever you just recommended] SUCKS!"?

Thanks,

FC

Harbor Freight has a new line of tools now called "Icon" that get good ratings. Check out the video on You tube about their torque wrenches.....they seem pretty quality for the price.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Goodness, take a look at the deals in their closeouts for USA made hand tools and Misc good stuff.

https://www.harryepstein.com/

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Goodness, take a look at the deals in their closeouts for USA made hand tools and Misc good stuff.

https://www.harryepstein.com/

I’ve gotten a few things from them in the past.

Good service and good deals. Lot of USA stuff.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Aint runnin' a shop - just wanna wrench on the new Harley. 3/8" drive, 10-80 or 100 ft. lbs. would do all I have the interest for.

I bought a $19.95 Pittsburgh unit from Harbor Freight, & returned it immediately. Then I returned its replacement immediately. I'm kinda insistent that products I purchase actually [intercoursing] WORK. mad

From spending time on Amazon, it looks like one's gotta get to $125 or so to have some reasonable assurance that the thing will work for a decent period of time. Is this true? Is it CDI, or bust? Anything less seems to be Tainwanese/Chinese, 30 or less tooth, deceased-brand (stanley, craftsman), non-clicking, poorly labeled, non-certified, disposable stuff. I suppose I could just use blue Loctite on everything and get "snug" with a regular wrench.

What sayeth the peanut gallery, apart from, "[Whatever you just recommended] SUCKS!"?

Thanks,

FC

You answered your own question. When you need a torque wrench you need to do it right. For motorcycles at the low end fork tubes. Wheel lug nuts at the high end. Both are critical safety items. Just go with Snap-On

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
The fifty dollar one?

Yup.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The fifty dollar one?

Yup.

Thanks

I blame Kingston....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fifty dollar one?

Yup.

Thanks

I blame Kingston....

It’s always Kingston’s fault, always.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I wouldn't own anything Tekton if you paid me to take it. Tekton is sold by that scumbag Justin Amish's family tool business.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pat85

I wouldn't own anything Tekton if you paid me to take it. Tekton is sold by that scumbag Justin Amish's family tool business.

Who?

--- Kid Rock 2022

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by reivertom

Harbor Freight has a new line of tools now called "Icon" that get good ratings. Check out the video on You tube about their torque wrenches.....they seem pretty quality for the price.

I bought one of HF icon wrenchs and they are a totally different animal than the pittsburgh torque wrenchs. I use it for working on the vehicles and camper. I needed 165ft lb wrench and the 1/2 drive fit the bill without costing me hundreds. Its worth giving the icon line a look.

Last edited by nomad_archer; 09/05/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Who?

The republican senator from Michigan that wanted to impeach Trump under the guise of violating the constitution when in reality it was about the Chinese tariffs on the junk he peddles.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Who?

The republican senator from Michigan that wanted to impeach Trump under the guise of violating the constitution when in reality it was about the Chinese tariffs on the junk he peddles.

Ok, never heard of him. Thanks for the followup.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (2UP, 44mc, 257 roberts, 35, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.