Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saw this on another forum and know there is a lot of interest in this particular model.

Honda press release from Sept. 3, 2020: "The 2021 Honda Trail 125 is scheduled for release in November and will be available in Glowing Red. The MSRP is $3,899."

Press Release Link

Features and general info about the bike link

[Linked Image from cdn.motor1.com]

Before anybody whines, yes, it's expensive for what it is but I suspect hot cake sales will still see serious competition... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hmmmm.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Friggin street tires....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Step-through frame makes it a metrosexual motorcycle, what's wrong with using a traditional frame/gas tank??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice scooter.

I've got a 70 from the late 1970s stored in a shed. Looks very similar to that.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Friggin street tires....

How much for a set of knobbies?

From the link about specs:
Dual-sport-style knobby tires mounted on 17-inch rims with stainless-steel spokes offer traction and long life

They don't look very "knobby" to me. Maybe this is the Millenial version of a knobby tire?

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/05/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Step-through frame makes it a unisex motorcycle.

So today's modern young man can ride it...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

An awful lot of non-modern young men, and older men, rode them back in the 70's.

Some still have them and refuse to let them go for less than more than I'm willing to pay.

The old ones would go many many places and if the new ones work as well, I expect they could get a hunter into a whole lot of places. And pack a bit of weight out a lot longer distance than just on foot.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Step-through frame makes it a metrosexual motorcycle, what's wrong with using a traditional frame/gas tank??

That's normal / traditional for the "toilet seat" (Trail) 90, 110, etc. My grandfather had one from the 70s that I inherited. They're not a dirt bike in the traditional sense. Dang useful though.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Had a trail 90 back in the mid 60s. It was a lot of fun out on the farm.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This and the street version are the biggest selling motorcycles ever. Over 100,000,000 - one hundred million - have been produced.

Was just reading more links from the first story and it appears a dealer in Boise, ID was responsible for the first trail series.

"In 1960, the efforts of a Honda motorcycle dealer in Boise, Idaho, came to the attention of Jack McCormack, the sales manager at the 1-year old American Honda Motor Co. As told by Aaron P. Frank in his book, Honda Motorcycles, McCormack had noticed the sales of the popular step-through Honda 50 were off the charts in an area known more for its surrounding rugged mountain terrain than an urban core. He contacted the owner, Herb Uhl, seeking an explanation.

“He told me how he was selling them as a trail bike, putting a cheater sprocket on the back and some knobby tires,” McCormack told Frank. Uhl sent one of his converted Honda 50s down to California for McCormack to inspect.

“It was a brilliant little machine,” McCormack said. “It worked so well because it was light, and with the automatic clutch you could climb logs. To do that on a big bike, you had to have a certain amount of skill. I saw lots of possibility for something like Herb was doing, selling it as a bike that you could go in the woods and hunt or fish with.”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think they’re going to sell a lot of them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ive always wanted a Yamaha TW200 for hunting, but maybe this Honda would work as well with better tires.

This guy in the youtube vid below has a nice trailer for hauling out elk with his TW200..

Watch "TW200 Elk 2" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/HvK9NqrT_Vg

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 09/05/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T_O_M

That's normal / traditional for the "toilet seat" (Trail) 90, 110, etc. My grandfather had one from the 70s that I inherited. They're not a dirt bike in the traditional sense. Dang useful though.

Tom

The 90's and 110's go for serious coin here, posties still use them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Nice scooter.

I've got a 70 from the late 1970s stored in a shed. Looks very similar to that.

Correction, mine is a 90.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

An awful lot of non-modern young men, and older men, rode them back in the 70's.

Some still have them and refuse to let them go for less than more than I'm willing to pay.

The old ones would go many many places and if the new ones work as well, I expect they could get a hunter into a whole lot of places. And pack a bit of weight out a lot longer distance than just on foot.

Tom

I have an ‘81 ct110
This was the first bike I ever rode. Although it was probably an early 70’s model
Been on a bike ever since

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Tom

The 90's and 110's go for serious coin here, posties still use them.

Yep. I remember that when we lived outside Brisbane.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The American version will have knobby tires, but no mention of low-range. Damn it! mad

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The American version will have knobby tires, but no mention of low-range. Damn it! mad

That's really bugging me, too. Apparently the US version is branded as the "Trail 125" and the rest of the world gets the "CT 125". There is a picture of the CT 125 that shows the obvious dual range transmission but as you note there is zero mention of that in any of the Honda blurbs or anything else I can find online for the American version. The pictures of the left side of the Trail 125 aren't detailed enough to show anything.

Added: Just found it - they don't have the dual range transmissions, just a larger rear sprocket. Big mistake, really big mistake. Hopefully they will realize that and correct it.

"One disappointment is that Honda hasn’t adopted the secondary, selectable low-range gear that was a hallmark of the original Trail models, effectively giving them an eight-speed transmission."

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2021-honda-trail-125-coming-to-us/

Last edited by Jim in Idaho; 09/05/20. Reason: Found info about dual range

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wasn't this named the "Hunter Cub" ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.