24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah one of those red scoters would be nice. I haven't stayed up on the pricing. Could be a lot of money for a toy of some sorts.
My wife and I have been talking about a Jeep. We use to have a Jeep or two when we were younger.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Get ready to give your checkbook CPR- - - - - -

https://www.rokon.com/bikes/trail-breaker

LOL!

Ive got a 2013 Trailbreaker, a grail item from watching Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom in the 60's. Fugger will go anywhere just not fast. It's a specific tool where my Grizzley 700 or my Teryx can't get me.

That said I'll probably get two for the wife and I just because I have such fond memories of cruising the neighborhoods in San Jose with my great uncle and aunt back in the 60's.

Last edited by JLimbo; 09/05/20. Reason: Spelling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Get ready to give your checkbook CPR- - - - - -

https://www.rokon.com/bikes/trail-breaker

LOL!

Deflave has one of those.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Might be fun for an old man to putt around on.
Like me. 🤠

Wonder what the top speed is ? They need a camo version.

I lost a Honda 90 3 wheeler that broke down about 45 years ago after dark.

Took me 3 days to find it and it was Red.

The absolute last thing I want in the woods is anything that blends into the woods and is hard to see and cost thousands of dollars !!

If I was to use one today I would want it to glow in the dark and have an alarm so I could push a button and it would go off and be found easily if it was lost anywhere !!

Don't have to be camo to be used hunting,I have had deer walk up on me while I was sitting on a running atv.
Killed deer that walked up on me while I had a fire going,Cutting wood with a chainsaw etc.

I have had squirrels all around me while I was wearing blaze orange and deer hunting .even walking through the woods.

Camo is way overated for hunting and has created a helluva money making industry for the makers of camo clothing by convincing hunters that they have to be camo clad to be successful, but as far as hunting critters goes it is not really needed in my view.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The American version will have knobby tires, but no mention of low-range. Damn it! mad

fail

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If they are like the old Trail 90s, they will last forever if they are taken care of even a little.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by reivertom
If they are like the old Trail 90s, they will last forever if they are taken care of even a little.

Found this nice one on CL...$3500. Crazy.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcy/d/saint-paul-1972-honda-trail-90-exlnt/7188614169.html

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Step-through frame makes it a metrosexual motorcycle, what's wrong with using a traditional frame/gas tank??

That's normal / traditional for the "toilet seat" (Trail) 90, 110, etc. My grandfather had one from the 70s that I inherited. They're not a dirt bike in the traditional sense. Dang useful though.

Tom

The 90's and 110's go for serious coin here, posties still use them.

Yeah, postie bikes do seem to go for pretty ridiculous money here. You can't buy them new either, only ex-Australia Post, though at one time there was a version of the CT110 sold for farm/agricultural use (CT110AG), and road-registerable, which had a dual range transmission among other things. They were not a bad little jigger either.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just looked it up, and it seems that Honda is going to be selling this CT125 to the public here in Oz, but at a MSRP of $6999 AUD. Nearly three times the price of a new CB125, and dearer than a lot of bikes with bigger engines and more capability. They're dreamin'

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lmao. $4k for a kids bike. Easy pass.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Might be fun for an old man to putt around on.
Like me. 🤠

Wonder what the top speed is ? They need a camo version.

I lost a Honda 90 3 wheeler that broke down about 45 years ago after dark.

Took me 3 days to find it and it was Red.

The absolute last thing I want in the woods is anything that blends into the woods and is hard to see and cost thousands of dollars !!

If I was to use one today I would want it to glow in the dark and have an alarm so I could push a button and it would go off and be found easily if it was lost anywhere !!

Don't have to be camo to be used hunting,I have had deer walk up on me while I was sitting on a running atv.
Killed deer that walked up on me while I had a fire going,Cutting wood with a chainsaw etc.

I have had squirrels all around me while I was wearing blaze orange and deer hunting .even walking through the woods.

Camo is way overated for hunting and has created a helluva money making industry for the makers of camo clothing by convincing hunters that they have to be camo clad to be two successful, but as far as hunting critters goes it is not really needed in my view.

As have I. Once had a doe walk with in 10 feet of me while I was taking a dump off the bumper of my bright red F-350 Diesel pickup. It was running with the stereo blasting.

I just meant the Camo versions would sell like hot cakes.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Nice scooter.

I've got a 70 from the late 1970s stored in a shed. Looks very similar to that.

I was gonna same something similar, very similar to the way the looked in the late ‘60’s! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 2 speed made the Trail 90 and even then is was way underpowered for packing game. We talked about this a while back and someone said this one has a 2 speed but Honda says it doesn't. Without that, it's useless in the hills.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There was a picture of the CT125 a few months ago which clearly showed a dual range selector lever. The CT 125 is what Japan and Thailand and I think Australia is getting while the version Honda is importing to America is branded the Trail 125 and doesn't have the dual range, just a bigger rear sprocket. At least that's the latest news I can glean off the net, most of the bigger cycle websites have some kind of announcement about it. Could be that picture was a pre-production model and none of them have that, there isn't a whole lot of info about that.

Supposedly this new one doesn't need a dual range since it has a lot more low end and mid range power than the older ones. At 8 ft/lbs of torque I guess "lot" is relative. wink Still, that dual range was a big selling point for the earlier ones.

Either way they're still going to sell a big pile of them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is from Cycleworld:
Just like the Super Cub, the Trail 125 uses Honda’s semi-automatic four-speed transmission—there’s no clutch lever but you kick through the gears manually—and there’s still a kickstarter to back up the electric start. One disappointment is that Honda hasn’t adopted the secondary, selectable low-range gear that was a hallmark of the original Trail models, effectively giving them an eight-speed transmission.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 1965 we got a new Honda Trail 90 for $378.

I was 14 and paid for 1/4 of it.
My brother was 12 and paid 1/4.
My father was 44 and paid 1/2.

In 1984 I bought a Honda trail 90. It had overhead cam and quick trail gear change.

2021 TRAIL 125 ABS
BASE MSRP: $3,899 Tooltip Asterik

+Destination Charge: $190.00

Expensive like it is not made in China with old Honda drawings... must be made in Japan.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This is from Cycleworld:
Just like the Super Cub, the Trail 125 uses Honda’s semi-automatic four-speed transmission—there’s no clutch lever but you kick through the gears manually—and there’s still a kickstarter to back up the electric start. One disappointment is that Honda hasn’t adopted the secondary, selectable low-range gear that was a hallmark of the original Trail models, effectively giving them an eight-speed transmission.

That’s a deal breaker for me.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by memtb
Nice scooter.

I was gonna same something similar, very similar to the way the looked in the late ‘60’s! memtb

A friend of mine had a Trail 70 when we were kids. He wrecked it with me on the back one day and I had a burn scar from the muffler cover on my right calf for a couple years. 3 or 4 vents and a Phillips screw head.
I saw these at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last year and it brought back some good memories.
[Linked Image]

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by memtb
Nice scooter.

A friend of mine had a Trail 70 when we were kids. He wrecked it with me on the back one day and I had a burn scar from the muffler cover on my right calf for a couple years. 3 or 4 vents and a Phillips screw head.
I saw these at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last year and it brought back some good memories.
[Linked Image]

Mine was red. Great childhood memories!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
:

All they're doing is making the old ones (with a dual range transmission) more valuable...

To bad they decided to cut this corner. For me this lessens it's appeal.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.