Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Jim_B Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I just got this letter from Montana Marine today.

19 March 2003

Jim,

Just got your letter today. Thanks for your generosity and support. Things are happening fast here now. Lance Corporal Nystrom is the marine I gave the silver dollar to. I also gave him your letter and instructed him that it is his duty to write you a letter and thank you. I also gave him the excel spreadsheet and told him to use it.

We are packed up tight right now. Ready to go, loaded and cocked to cross the L.O.D. We have absolutely no room to pack more stuff. A lot of care packages are being left behind in our rear area in Kuwait. But your generosity is appreciated.

Say hello for me to the rest of the campfire. By the time you get this letter, things will be happening, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.....

Hopefully this wil go quick and easy with not to much death and destruction, but only time will tell, and time is so short at this moment. I barely got your letter and am scribbling this letter minutes before heading north to our attack positions.

Thanks again. I look forward to getting home and back to "normal" life. I will definately post on the "campfire" when this is over and I get home. Feel free to share this with the campfire.

Montana Marine
2MEB "Task Force Tarawa"

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope things are still going as well for them. GO TF Tarawa!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Jim_B Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi all

I was happy to hear from our own Montana Marine. He spent the time to send me a handwritten letter. I know that in normal circumstances that a full page handwritten note is not in and of itself noteworthy but I believe that he is in a place that "normal circumstances" do not apply.

Jim B

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
427 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.