Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Are a bunch of ambitious MOFOS!

Just got done depriming about 250 pcs of range pickup - figure I can reload it for blasting ammo with that box of 55gr FMJ blems I recently picked up. But jeez is this looking to become work. Now I need to remove the crimp and trim and......

Anybody that is doing this to resell this crap deserves every stinkin' penny they are asking for it!

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed. I wouldn’t bend over to pick up a piece of brass for what some sell it for.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Agreed. I wouldn’t bend over to pick up a piece of brass for what some sell it for.

Glad for you that you have more money than sense, if it wasn't for guys like you I wouldn't have the ammo supply I do. No, it don't bother me at all to reload or pick up your brass. But god damn it quit being a cheap ass and stop buying that steel cased crap. Have a nice day. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 09/06/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Glad for you that you have more money than sense, if it wasn't for guys like you I wouldn't have the ammo supply I do. No, it don't bother me at all to reload or pick up your brass. But god damn it quit being a cheap ass and stop buying that steel cased crap. Have a nice day. MB

+1.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It makes me smile to come home from the range with more brass than I got there with. I will even look through the trash cans sometimes.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

+1.

+2

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton

Just got done depriming about 250 pcs of range pickup - figure I can reload it for blasting ammo with that box of 55gr FMJ blems I recently picked up. But jeez is this looking to become work. Now I need to remove the crimp and trim and......

Anybody that is doing this to resell this crap deserves every stinkin' penny they are asking for it!

Kaiser Norton

No need to trim it.

Dillon is your friend, for both their primer pocket swager, and progressive presses.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reading comprehension seems to be even lower than normal today on the fire.
I didn't say I don't pick up brass, I said I wouldn't bend over and pick it up for what some sell it for.
I’ve sold about 6,000 pcs. of .223/5.56 brass here in the past few weeks.
How many have you go-getters picked up and made available?

Last edited by NVhntr; 09/06/20.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just finished converting 556 brass to 25-45 brass.

300 pieces that needed to be de-crimped with the Dillion and then trimmed.

I use a Lyman trimmer that i have turned down the shaft to fit my 1/2 drill.

Turn it slow and just get them 10 or 20 at a time.

Thing is to take breaks so you don't screw up.

Last time i got tired of trimming was when i was doing a 1000 for someone.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

over the years......

I've gathered more 223 brass than one man needs.....

Sold some..passed some along.......

My two 223's......a Savage Predator..and a heavy dog gun in 223 Ack Imp...yep Savage target action

Much of my 223 brass went into my 20-223 (aka 20 Practical)

But thats another subject......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a half of a five gallon bucket of mil-spec brass all cleaned, sized, and decrimped ready for the Dillon 550. Meanwhile I have a little smaller amount of Lake City stuff that I actually use.

And I still can't help myself from picking up more at the range whenever I see it laying there.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a thirty gallon drum of Lake city brass that needs prepping to reload. I get a hundred here and there when I have time. I enjoy fooling with it. I’ll have plenty to reload when I retire.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Kaiser Norton

I agree, that's why I refuse to pick up LC and the like. I only pick up commercial brass, but then you also need to be aware of which ones crimp their primers. I've had good luck with PMC and FC range pickup, but have found some FC with crimped primers as well. I toss those in the scrap bin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

+1.

+2. I picked up 1200 pcs of good commercial 223 rem brass a few years ago and I'm still shooting that chidt. Works great, produces very accurate loads and the brass is FREE!!!!! Why not pick it up...??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
There will be someone come along shortly saying we are stupid for picking up and using range brass because his buddy blew his face off or something along those lines. I say bullchidt. If his buddy knew what he was doing, it would have never fu cking happened...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only complete case separation I've ever had was a .223 tracer reload during a evening MG shoot. Got it out jamming a .357 pistol brush pulled inside then pushing from muzzle. But range .223/5.56 pickups are less likely overstretched (which is why they separate) vs 7.62x51/.308 bulk purchased.

Judging from other threads/posts most folks use headspace dies to assess reloaded ammo or sized cases. You can use the chamber of your rifle for that. I use my Wilson headspace dies to assess bulk and/or range-scrounged unresized cases. Not so easy to do with your chamber. Looking for badly overstretched pieces to cull. Do it by feel while occupied with something else. Like a Hallmark movie your wife wants you to watch with her.

It's easy to believe you need a SB sizer if you're not culling badly overstretched brass. But that's begging for a separation.

There are many gizmos that will decrimp primer pockets. Used the Dillon, RCBS, but often all I need is Dad's ancient C-H. Swage, not ream.

The decision to load .223 is personal. No right or wrong answer for everyone. Too many variables.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have the right setup, You can process a 1000 pieces in about an hour.. But I won’t bore you guys with my setup, someone will be along say oh all you need is a rcbs press. I will say my setup starts with a Dillon 650.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 79S
If you have the right setup, You can process a 1000 pieces in about an hour.. But I won’t bore you guys with my setup, someone will be along say oh all you need is a rcbs press. I will say my setup starts with a Dillon 650.

There's some real nice attachments for the 650.

I wish I could get the primer pocket swagger for the 650 for my 550. From what I've seen, it's a really sweet setup.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y'all reloading your 5.56 brass

Doesn't everybody?

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 79S

There's some real nice attachments for the 650.

I wish I could get the primer pocket swagger for the 650 for my 550. From what I've seen, it's a really sweet setup.

That swager is well worth the money.. I also use my buddies Dillon trimmer to.. so I resize, swage then trim all on the 650.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How come peeps don't leave the good stuff on the ground at the range? You know, .44 Mag, .38-55, .30-30, .45-70, 7x57, .250 Savage? Stuff like that. I NEVER see any of that layin' around. -sniff-

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

530 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.