Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Tired of overcoming all the brickseek and clerk/ manager bullschitt.

I came out way ahead in em and their stupid games they try to play.

Just said fugg it with the wood savage .308 project I was contemplating.
Take on some limited projects after deer season for Slumlord to pass the time till turkey season possibly.

Each year the clearance model and brand guns dont get picked up for the next yrs line up.

Schit is petering out on what I would be willing to buy each yr.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/06/20.
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Dems dat wirks wallmrt ain dat brite

All part of hiring B type workers that are sheep who will take it up the azz outta fear of losing a job.
Thats their target employee.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it’s been said before,

How’s does Brickseek get access to Walmart’s inventory?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Savage rep told me if WM sells a gun below cost MFG. has to give them credit for there loss.
Its not like a small store that has to eat the difference

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by hookeye
Checked sku last night, 45 miles away a 99 dollar 700 adl.
Am at the store, dude is about worthless. Scanned the display and its 379.

Told me he cant sell me a gun due to nobody in firearms dept.

How does one get these deals?

To verify if a particular clearance priced item is truly in stock (or should be) at the exact store shown on Brickseek and is a clearance priced one, you need to copy the bar code, inventory stock ID number and everything pertinent to it as shown on Brickseek and take it with you for the store to scan.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've had to be pretty persistent and get managers involved to get the gun deals. One guy denied they had any. Went and found a manager and he pulled his phazer and said he had 3. I said I'll take them then he told mr no do have them to go get them.

He came back with 1 and said thats all he'd sell me and it was his discretion to sell me any at all if he was suspicious of me. I said I have a concealed weapons permit so go ahead and violate my civil rights why I go find that manager again. Turns out they could only mysteriously find 2 in the end but I got 700s with $2 4-12 scopes for $199.

Mr no can sell piped up that he doesn't know how I could afford 3 anyways and that I was probably up to my eyeballs in debt. I said I can afford it because I have a masters degree, I'm not an Ahole, I dont work at Walmart, and I was worth over a million before I was 45. Then I threw in the Tennessee Boys line "now bow to your sensei."

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've had to be pretty persistent and get managers involved to get the gun deals. One guy denied they had any. Went and found a manager and he pulled his phazer and said he had 3. I said I'll take them then he told mr no do have them to go get them.

He came back with 1 and said thats all he'd sell me and it was his discretion to sell me any at all if he was suspicious of me. I said I have a concealed weapons permit so go ahead and violate my civil rights why I go find that manager again. Turns out they could only mysteriously find 2 in the end but I got 700s with $2 4-12 scopes for $199.

Mr no can sell piped up that he doesn't know how I could afford 3 anyways and that I was probably up to my eyeballs in debt. I said I can afford it because I have a masters degree, I'm not an Ahole, I dont work at Walmart, and I was worth over a million before I was 45. Then I threw in the Tennessee Boys line "now bow to your sensei."

Bb

You should have sued their ass for libel and discrimination 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I didn't look this year but scored a Remington 1187 for $249 and a Savage A17 for $189 last fall and the A17 kinda surprised as being a nicer gun than I expected. Well nicer at $189 than msrp.

Two years back I bought two Weatherby Vanguards a 243 and a 270 at $249 apiece. Still have the 270 and it shoots well and the 243 went to a raffle at the chilli cookoff in my dinkey home town. They raised $1100 in tickets for that one so was well worth it.

Brickseek showed two Mini 14s at the store the furthest from me and still in the county and also had one of the Vanguards I was looking for. Met a fellow in line that had been going to Walmarts all over NW Nevada and had purchased seven walnut stocked gloss blued Vanguards at $349 and a pile of the synthetic stocked ones. He was waiting for the sporting goods folks to find the box for the Mini 14 he bought off the rack for $399.

After seemingly days for his purchase to go through I was at the head of the line. I asked the nice young lady working the counter if she would look for the remaining Mini. She told me she didn't think there was one in the back but would check. After twenty minutes she came back with the boxed Mini and we started the paper work. When it came time to check the serial number and pulled the rifle from the box we saw that the stock was cracked through the wrist. She told me if I still wanted it she could drop the price 10% and my wallet came out quickly. Just $359 and Ruger was happy to replace the stock.

Happy happy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I got my walnut stocked Vanguard Sporter Deluxe .308 for $169.

Noticed a couple of serious flaws in the wood and contacted Weatherby. They said they no longer made wood stocks for short-action deluxe rifles, so they would be happy to give me a synthetic one.

I chose a Wilderness model hand-laid carbon fiber model with the aluminum bedding block.

I'll be installing it in the next few days - then mounting a new 3-9 Sig Whiskey 3 scope I found at a one-time-good-deal of $106.

I have a couple of sets of rings\bases on hand and a nice sling, so $275 + tax got me one helluva nice setup.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Walmart employees are dumb as a rock generally.

And THAT’s Why they work at Walmart.

I have a good friend from college that is a manager of a large supercenter. In his words, "We employ the unemployable".

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I live in a rural area where everyone hunts and buys guns.
Not prosperous by any means, but it's not hard to sell guns cheap
Our Wal-Mart never has anything really discounted.

I saw the threads about the cheap 700's, stopped in.
They do not have a single gun, nothing.
Didn't bother trying to find out why.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Anyone know if the firearm's deals are still a thing at Walmart? I tried to score on a deal in 2020 about this time of year and was always a few minutes late or got told a BS story, canceled my brickseek membership and kinda forgot about it till now, know it was sometime in July of 2020 when they were deep discounting the guns.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as I know, Brickseek no longer shows firearms on their site, and if they did, it is my understanding that Walmart has quit having the huge discounts on guns that they once did. I know they did not do it last year, but they again, their inventory was so low that they didn't have any to sell anyway.

I miss the days of the Walmart clearance sales. I sure got some bargains.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our Walmart carries hardly any arms, and no handgun ammo.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.