Hop To
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
.. We dont spread Bibles and witness to feel superior to others... .

Christians spread the propaganda that all other
God's are false, if that ain't feeling superior then
what is.?

Anyway your Bible tells you plainly that Jesus
Doesn't meet the prophecized messianic criteria.
but you are so gullible and gut-hooked on the
christian myth you can't let go... 😂

Surely you jest. Jesus fulfilled Old Testament prophecies beginning with the first one in Genesis 3:15. That first prophecy foretold of the birth of Jesus and His victory over Satan. Jesus also fulfilled the prophesy in Isaiah 7:14. Jesus fulfilled Old Testament messianic prophecies, and there is also scripture that accurately depicted the lineage of Jesus. Jesus is indeed the Messiah.

The whole Old Testament is Messianic prophecy and connects the Old and New Testaments. The prophetic foretelling that resurrection was part of God’s redemptive plan is evident in the binding of Isaac. That event opened an avenue for God’s grace to come to all of Israel’s future generations.

Leviticus 17:11 “...the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.”

Jesus was the innocent propitiatory sacrificial atonement who died in our place and made us righteous. All the Hebrew Bible sacrifices were just a shadow of what was fulfilled in Jesus.

“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12

Judaism does not agree. They give several reasons why Jesus does not meet the descriptions of their prophesied Messiah.

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You folks are great. I've learned a lot.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Judaism does not agree. They give several reasons why Jesus does not meet the descriptions of their prophesied Messiah.

No christian on the CF has been able to explain
their way out of that, They prefer to brush over
and ignore the words of their God deemed ithe
inconvenient truth of Old Testament scripture.

Originally Posted by antlers

Jesus said He WAS the Messiah. I believe Him. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and Paul also recognized and believed Him to be
the Messiah .

You have no reliable verification of what Jesus
said. and neither Paul or the unidentified Gospel
writers are known to have personally heard or
witness a Jesus do anything in the flesh.

Originally Posted by antlers

That Judaism doesn’t agree is irrelevant..

LOL.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
[/quote]
When I started thinking along this line of seeking truth, It caused me to examine myself mostly. Possibly it was something about removing the plank from thine own eye before trying to remove a speck from another's,but I started with me. I realized that all those things that I sort of knew I should do,agreed that I should do and thought someday I would do,was really the guidance of the Voice OF Truth or The Holy Spirit,or whatever you want to call it.

I've been working on and improving all my family relationships. I've lost over 160 lbs in 2 years and at 52 I could out perform a lot of guys 20 years younger physically. I train myself both physically and mentally every day to be a better person. I don't know what tomorrow might bring and life is a great adventure again.

Thanks for sharing that. It’s always good to see someone improving their life. Reading about your weight loss has been inspiring. I moved in April of 19. My oldest son and I hit the gym, after 27 years off for me. Since March closedowns ended our weight work we started mountain biking. Since the end of March I’ve done 480 miles on a mix of roads and trails. I was never into cardio but love it now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
...I've wondered if Judas was saved. I don't see how he could have been more sorry and repentant for what he did. He went back and told the ones who hired him how wrong he was, threw their money back at them, and then he was so distraught he went out and hung himself.
Thought about this this morning, sorry for the late response. Some thoughts...after Jesus was condemned, Judas returned the betrayal money to the chief priests because he felt remorse. But they wouldn’t put the money back into the treasury because “it is against the law...because it is blood money.” It’s telling that the chief priests had no problem giving Judas money to betray an innocent man, but true to character, they refused to break certain ‘laws’ while overlooking their own gross sins as they planned the murder of an innocent man. Judas understood that he had betrayed an innocent Jesus - he clearly experienced feelings of regret. But we’re not told if he had a change of mind that led to a change of heart. We can feel remorse without repenting. I don’t know if that was the case with Judas, just kickin’ around some thoughts regarding your inquiry. Just because we’re sorry for bad deeds doesn’t mean we’ve repented of them...it doesn’t mean we’re gonna change anything in our life. Maybe his remorse led him to think there was no longer any hope for him and he killed himself - forgiveness was available but he didn’t pursue it. Peter, when he denied Jesus, also had remorse...but he repented and was restored.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I believe if anyone was every predestined Judas was. It was a truly rotten job, as they say, somebody has to do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s possible that an application could be to not let sorrow and remorse and guilt over one’s bad deeds lead one further away from Jesus and into even more despair. Forgiveness and restoration is available for everyone who will take it, because of what Jesus did on the cross.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.