Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Do Wal Mart's all over the country, except Billings, MT. do these nice "clearance sales" on rifles? Every time these "sales" on Vanguards or 700s come up on this forum I head on down to Wal Mart only to find that the prices haven't moved one cent. When I ask the gun counter guys (who I know) about these current sales they look at me like I have an antler growing out of my forehead.

Nope, some do some don't. Billings lowlander had the Vanguards in 2018. BTDT But the one on the hill never dropped. Generally, besides the 223 final clearance 700s, I have not seen the 700s drop in this part of the county. Never below $300. Great Falls, one store drops, the other not. In Missoula, the 1100s at both stores went low in 2019. In Idaho, Burley might drop snd Boise doesn't. In 2020, the 223 700s were being phased out and stores received 1 each, vs other times its left overs at that store. Never know. Usually. Iirc the discounts will be at Walmarts with the full gun display, not the turn style type.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by scoony
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Another Walmart ADL, albeit 243...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What DBM is that? How do you like it? I am looking at the PT&G DBM with AICS Mags

Low dollar Magpul. Works fine.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
When the sales hit you need to check www.brickseek.com to see what stores have those specific models in stock, then go there and tell them it’s in stock and you want it....

Every once and a while a stupid employee might try to “misplace one” so they can get it cheaper later - however there is this little thing about not being able to locate rifles in inventory that the ATF gives nasty, nasty fines for ... so if you ask about it being in inventory and asking for the manager they tend to show up right after you head home.

When I first started chasing the Walmart clearance items using Brickseek 3 years ago, I found that if Brickseek showed it being there, it was there. I can only recall one time that the sporting goods department couldn't come up with an item, and that was a scope. Last year, there were several times that items weren't there, mostly stuff like trail cams and scopes. This year was a different story. I took one road trip in which I hit 5 different Walmarts that were showing up on Brickseek as having guns in stock, and only one of them actually did. I asked to see a store manager at one, and insisted that he personally check the inventory. He did, and showed me the log that they keep of guns in stock, and it showed zero stock for the Remington 700 ADL in 223, the one Brockseek showed they had. All I could do was to take his word for it.

Now, here's the kicker.............checking Brickseek today, they still show that three Walmarts close to me have those rifles in stock, for $79. There is evidently a glitch somewhere in the system, either on Brickseek or Walmart's inventory list. I doubt that they have "lost" or "misplaced" that many rifles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another $375 ADL 308 after some upgrades. Less than $600 in the whole thing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It shoots too, 300yds with Fusion 165gr

Last edited by wareagle700; 09/06/20.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ANother trip to the range with my Walmart Rem 700 adl 223. Tested some new loads and shot out to 200 yards today.

The barrel was hot so I was aiming through a mirage but managed to shoot this group with the 55 grain HPBTs at 200 yards. I screwed up when installing the zero stop kit in the SWFA 6x. First shots today was way low. Had my son help spot as I shot at a 330 yard steel plate and adjust the reticle. Turns out, I was a complete rotation off. I must have miscounted the rotations when figuring out the shims to use. Once I figured that out I was back on target.

What is weird is the only modification is mounting a scope. The barrel is making all sorts of contact with the stock and I was not allowing the barrel to cool down between shots/groups. Shot 5 round group after group. Rifle did not seem to care. Vmax with 27 grains varget also seems to be a very good load. Next time out will be 10 shots groups and 300 yard test. Also have a bunch 55 grain spire points that I want to shoot up.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
When the sales hit you need to check www.brickseek.com to see what stores have those specific models in stock, then go there and tell them it’s in stock and you want it....

Every once and a while a stupid employee might try to “misplace one” so they can get it cheaper later - however there is this little thing about not being able to locate rifles in inventory that the ATF gives nasty, nasty fines for ... so if you ask about it being in inventory and asking for the manager they tend to show up right after you head home.

When I first started chasing the Walmart clearance items using Brickseek 3 years ago, I found that if Brickseek showed it being there, it was there. I can only recall one time that the sporting goods department couldn't come up with an item, and that was a scope. Last year, there were several times that items weren't there, mostly stuff like trail cams and scopes. This year was a different story. I took one road trip in which I hit 5 different Walmarts that were showing up on Brickseek as having guns in stock, and only one of them actually did. I asked to see a store manager at one, and insisted that he personally check the inventory. He did, and showed me the log that they keep of guns in stock, and it showed zero stock for the Remington 700 ADL in 223, the one Brockseek showed they had. All I could do was to take his word for it.

Now, here's the kicker.............checking Brickseek today, they still show that three Walmarts close to me have those rifles in stock, for $79. There is evidently a glitch somewhere in the system, either on Brickseek or Walmart's inventory list. I doubt that they have "lost" or "misplaced" that many rifles.

I checked Brickseek, went to a distant walmart, they had at least one of that SKU......in the display rack.
Worker was clueless, said they had nobody to sell a gun today.

Might drive back and get a manager.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/06/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Do Wal Mart's all over the country, except Billings, MT. do these nice "clearance sales" on rifles? Every time these "sales" on Vanguards or 700s come up on this forum I head on down to Wal Mart only to find that the prices haven't moved one cent. When I ask the gun counter guys (who I know) about these current sales they look at me like I have an antler growing out of my forehead.

Nope, some do some don't. Billings lowlander had the Vanguards in 2018. BTDT But the one on the hill never dropped. Generally, besides the 223 final clearance 700s, I have not seen the 700s drop in this part of the county. Never below $300. Great Falls, one store drops, the other not. In Missoula, the 1100s at both stores went low in 2019. In Idaho, Burley might drop snd Boise doesn't. In 2020, the 223 700s were being phased out and stores received 1 each, vs other times its left overs at that store. Never know. Usually. Iirc the discounts will be at Walmarts with the full gun display, not the turn style type.

FYI, a few weeks ago, a friend of mine just bought a closeout 700 ADL 223 at one of the Missoula Walmarts for $189...

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Here’s one I did a few years ago. Sold it to member here.

700 ADL 223
Bedded it in a classic, cut the barrel to 22”, dropped a walker trigger into it and swapped out the plastic trigger guard for an aluminum one

It shot 55g NBT pretty well.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just bought one of the new SPS Rem 700s in 223. One trip to range, shoots Nos 50 BT just under 1”, five shots/100 yds.
It did put a Trigger Tech in it though.

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.