Print Thread
Hop To
T
TCK Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Going out west to hunt Colorado for 2nd season last week of October.
Travel home just before election day.
Generally travel I-70 through Denver, Kansas City and St Louis.
Has Denver or KC had protesters block the road this year?
Lot of scuttlebutt about protest increase closer to election.
Is it legitimate to be concerned about protesters blocking road?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When necessary, dial: 1-A10-WARTHOG .

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be off roads by 4pm and you shouldn't have a problem. Hit an early happy hour, dinner and rack time, then back up at 4am.

Murphy was a grunt.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Just drove to Arizona and back from NE Illinois and had similar concerns. Thankfully, didn't encounter or see any protests. Had a smooth trip. But closer to the elections could be different!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If your worried about travel thru bigger cities they usually have outer belts that travel around the downtowns. They aren't usually that much further and in some cases may take less time to use if traffic is heavy going straight thru cities.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by fremont
Be off roads by 4pm and you shouldn't have a problem. Hit an early happy hour, dinner and rack time, then back up at 4am.

I have a fair amount of experience in Seattle and Portland. This would work well if you were moving through either of them and probably any others as well. I'd also make any overnight stay in a small town 50-100 miles away from the edges a big city. Also, even without riots, I'd make it a point to not be in any of the major cities during rush hour, morning or evening.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would be more concerned about potential Covid-19 exposure, bring a mask and lots of hand sanitizer. I saw one biker dude spray the gas pump handle down with carb cleaner, that will work just don't smoke while you do it.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I travel frequently out of state to hunt. I hate big cities on the best of days, and it isn't much trouble at all to avoid them...sometimes even saves some time... Sooo I say skirt around the big metro areas, keep a weapon and a couple spare mags in arms reach, and go have fun!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ingwe
I travel frequently out of state to hunt. I hate big cities on the best of days, and it isn't much trouble at all to avoid them...sometimes even saves some time... Sooo I say skirt around the big metro areas, keep a weapon and a couple spare mags in arms reach, and go have fun!

Skirt them @ at minimum. Outright avoidance is even better. Just about any travel/mapping software will allow you to plan a proper route ahead of time.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 70 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.