Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My lady used to ask waitresses if the shrimp were boneless. More than a few had to think about it.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mathman
My lady used to ask waitresses if the shrimp were boneless. More than a few had to think about it.

Hahahahaha! Classic! 30 years and I never heard that one.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We sent first year apprentice boys after a left handed pipe wrench. I grew up working with tools, so I knew better when they tried to send me.

Last edited by hanco; 09/07/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had 4 cases of 12 gauge shells in my basket and the clerk rang up $28.00 . I ask her to check the price and she acted insulted, then confirmed the price was correct . One of my best ever trips to wally world .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hanco
We sent first year apprentice boys after a left handed pipe wrench. I grew up working with tools, so I knew better when they tried to send me.

Lol. Same joke, different shop. Perfect. Amazing, isn’t it?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman

Holy chit. I just LOL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve worked with some real winners. I freeze water bottles to keep my lunch cool. I had a black plumber ask me how I got that big piece of ice through that little hole. He was very serious, wasn’t fuucking with me.

I still do.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Had a " manager' once who did not understand the " keep your mouth shut or remove all doubt your a dumbazz" concept. He was " responsible for a $20 million P&L. A few of his notables:
Hey Bill, how many millions in a billion; a hundred?
Hey Bill, how many days is Cinco de Mayo?
Hey Bill, the CEO keeps saying things are "ubiquitous" in meetings; what does that mean? Answer from me; " I don't know Danny, but it's everywhere."
Hey Bill, where did you learn about ...... . "Danny, I Googled it." He said; "what's that? We were in a technology industry.
Every day I was SMDH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had two cesium atomic clocks on the submarine that were accurate down to tiny fractions of a second. One peripheral use was setting the ship's chronometers. One time we had a seaman write the exact time down on a three by five card and then go from bow to stern and set every clock to that time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not so much working with as dealing with. I haven't actually had to work with real dumbasses since I was marching in the Legions. On the outside, my career field usually does due diligence in screening the idiots out.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
When I joined the fuc king military

I had no idea how dumb people can get by.....

Dumb people

Eye opening experience

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just myself every time I take another project on.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by fester

Dumb people

Eye opening experience

My boy was in the navy, a corpsman, he said the same thing. He didn’t have prejudice thought until he came back either.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fester

Dumb people

Eye opening experience

My boy was in the navy, a corpsman, he said the same thing. He didn’t have prejudice thought until he came back either.

Your son was a corpsman?

I had a good partner that’s a corpsman......
Good guy.....
‘How much time did your kid do?

Was he on a ship?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I am amazed every day wondering how some people even have enough sense to walk out of the house. Working with some in younger generation is like herding cats!!

1st John 4:7-8
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes I have. To butcher a quote from a Bruce Willis movie, "I see dumb people, they walk around like every one else and don't know their dumb". Working with them is not the worst thing, knowing they have the right to vote is. A friend of mine worked on a fishing boat years ago and said the gal that was the cook was reading a recipe book and asked him what elevation they were at? They were tied up at the dock. Ron White said his mom said "ya can't fix stupid".

Hank Johnson, the black Georgia liberal on the Senate Armed Services Committee said this when questioning an Admiral about the proposed military build up on Guam. It's on You Tube. The look on the Admirals face was priceless.

Per Hank. "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said, Admiral Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."

The voters in his district keep electing him, which as I stated above is, dumb people having a right to vote is scary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Classic.

If you really want to screw with the FNG and a bunch more,
Get me a Stillson Wrench. That isn't even a wild goose chase.

Or, a board stretcher.

Or, a Johnson bar.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Trying to get a repair done now by an idiot that seems to "think" you can charge a three contact radio with a four contact charger. Their designed to not work together but that genius seems to "think" it will and won't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a call last week from a person who insisted that her computer and two monitors all broke over the weekend and would not come on. Of course my first thought was that there's zero chance all three pieces of equipment all failed simultaneously. So I asked "is your power strip turned on?" Silence on the phone for a few seconds... "never mind."

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had a mechanics helper who was a good worker, nice guy, but kinda slow...sent him about 30 miles up on a road building job to patch the outlet fitting on the little pony motor gas tank on a cat. I thought about having him braze a new fitting in, but came to my senses with him and an open flame on a gas tank, and told him to epoxy it temporarily. He had apparently never used epoxy and he called me back on the radio a couple hours later. "Doc, I don't I got enough of this epoxy stuff. what should I do"?
"Bob, I know damn well there is enough in that truck, I put it in myself this morning, two partial tubes and two brand new tubes in the cabinet under the crane boom."
"Found 'em, but the instructions say mix 50 parts 'A', and 50 parts 'B'. They ain't but barely 4 parts all told".
I'm pretty certain he was not pulling my chain.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.