M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This is my life now. laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They're growing!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Smoke from the wildfires made for a beauty evening last night

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This pup is a hoot. I cut off a bit of deer antler with an angle grinder. I think the scent of the fresh cut was a bit intense for her. On the downside she has grown but not enough to NOT be able to get through the fence. Have made good progress in her trying to chew us, thankfully. Give and take.

--- Kid Rock 2022

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You brought a big smile to my face!

Lovely daughter, lovely beagle!

John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nice life you got boomer . enjoy it

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a great thread- congrats for the pup and the joy it's bringing.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great thread, one of the best of the year....Thanks for posting...

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh boy, I better fess up. Thanks for all the good words guys. This past week got rough and, although no fault of the pup, she was just being a pup, she fell out of grace with mom and the kid, and me too by default. The wild play with the kid seemed to cause her to forget important lessons. She got to nipping on my daughter, and ignoring us (as I'd been warned), and heading out to squeeze through the fence. So, it became a challenge that, as a family we had to face the reality that a beagle pup was not going to be the right fit. It wouldn't have been good of me to insist we force it. Dangit.

Yesterday, she moved on to a home on 30 acres in the woods in NW Montana. A retired couple with a rat terrier and a pretty good understanding of the challenges ahead. It's going to work out good for them all.

We learned a lot and the pup is no worse for it, happy as always. Sigh.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Here's a note we got from the new owners this morning. Sounds like she's in good hands.

Hi, Just a note to let you know Jager has become the best friend and source of entertainment for us. Dexter and Jag chase around the couch playing keep away with stuffed toys until exhaustion. We have a large fenced garden and put those two in there to run and dig and burn even more energy. The first night she got me up every two hours, last night she had an eight hour run. We like that she gives us plenty of warning when she needs to potty. Dexter spent almost his first year kenneled at night and we'll probably do that with her. She is an amazing eater, we have been giving her about a quarter cup every few hours until we hit a couple cups. Otherwise I think she'd really overeat. I usually free feed Dexter, but the first evening she wolfed down about 2 to 3 cups before I r realized how quickly she eats! What a talkative lover she is, we are so impressed with her. Shockingly, she is very calm and listens so well, but is a total puppy when they play. I will let you know occasionally how she is doing. Thank you so much for a wonderful pup.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You do know that you can’t let beagles roam. They will travel for miles and aren’t likely to survive an encounter with coyotes.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amazing baying!

[Linked Image from ]
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Just saw this, wished I knew and lived closer. Beautiful pup, would’ve loved to have her.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

628 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,994
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.