24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 69 Bronco with 3000 miles on it. It was practically new. It replaced a 64 Scout with a 4 cylinder engine.
Big upgrade. I replaced the 69 Bronco with a new 78 Bronco. Nice truck but totally different than the 69. The 78 had a/c and automatic transmission. The 78 was more of a road truck where as the 69 was a billy goat off road.
If I was a little younger I would have to try one of the new Broncos. With all the improvements in running gear it will be a beast on and off road. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
GB2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As a young man, I missed my chance for a Bronco and later a Scout (finances). Later in life, owned a Bronco II and then a Jeep. The new Bronco has my attention.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

too late in life to switch from Toyota

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not a ford person by any stretch, but if the new bronco is better at off roading than the new ranger it will be tough to beat. i admit I'm intrigued.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut

too late in life to switch from Toyota

This. I'll take a 2-3 year old Land cruiser for the same price all day long. But I'm not a "car guy". I look for reliable, capable and as little depreciation as possible. Can't stand blowing money on depreciating assets.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still keeping the Tacoma, but I've got a fairly basic Bronco on order. Ordered the 2DR Black Diamond with no options. Will be replacing the stock suspension with Fox coilovers once they become available. Just happy to have a new manual to drive. First Ford in 30 years. Should look exactly like this:

[img]https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta...-blue-black-diamond-factory-1-jpg.84387/[/img]

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was watching a new Bronco commercial and they said that it has seven traction options!!! Really, you need seven? Water, sand, mud, ice, snow and a few more. I’ve been driving all these years and have only ever needed 2wd, 4wd high and low and I didn’t realize how deprived I’ve been.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
I was watching a new Bronco commercial and they said that it has seven traction options!!! Really, you need seven? Water, sand, mud, ice, snow and a few more. I’ve been driving all these years and have only ever needed 2wd, 4wd high and low and I didn’t realize how deprived I’ve been.

Computer optimization///something else to break!!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well, you should join us in the 21st Century. Vehicles now have a lot of cool stuff that weren't on the vehicles I grew up with. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, etc. Mostly pretty nice improvements. Also, in the last 30 years or so, the computer handles a lot of stuff and vehicles have regularly had more modes than your simple vehicle of yesteryear. The computer changes throttle response and shift points through different modes such as eco, sport, tow/haul. Of course, I'm sure you only drive a stick like me, because who needs an auto, but it is still nice to find a throttle response that fits since almost all new vehicles are throttle by wire.

I sure do miss adjusting those points though. Gave me something to look forward to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Local place had a Badlands on skinny street tires, Still waiting to see a 2-door in person.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Local place had a Badlands on skinny street tires, Still waiting to see a 2-door in person.

Mike

That was most likely the Sport and not the Bronco that you saw.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
May have been was from the road driving by. laugh

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Well, you should join us in the 21st Century. Vehicles now have a lot of cool stuff that weren't on the vehicles I grew up with. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, etc. Mostly pretty nice improvements. Also, in the last 30 years or so, the computer handles a lot of stuff and vehicles have regularly had more modes than your simple vehicle of yesteryear. The computer changes throttle response and shift points through different modes such as eco, sport, tow/haul. Of course, I'm sure you only drive a stick like me, because who needs an auto, but it is still nice to find a throttle response that fits since almost all new vehicles are throttle by wire.

I sure do miss adjusting those points though. Gave me something to look forward to.

Yes, but I’m the same guy who just dropped $1,600. over at my Ford dealer to pay their electrical “expert” to get the radio working again in my Platinum F150. When that computer wasn’t happy, nothing was working right, nav, back up camera, heater, defrost, a/c, radio, heated and cooled seats, automatic adjusting seats and steering wheel... The toggle for the six color options for the cup holders worked fine though. I’m currently a little disgruntled about Ford’s 21st century onboard electronics.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Put down a deposit to reserve a 4 door badlands with the 7 speed manual transmission. Dealer said it probably won’t be available until the 2022 models late this summer.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seems they jumped the gun a bit, only been talking about them for 4-5 years now,,,,,

I'm in wait and see mode..

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2DR with Fox coilovers on 37s at King of Hammers this week.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a build week date of June 28, so hopefully will have by early August. Planning to use it late August for a back country trip to Montana scouting for goats.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool!!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
as the owner of an early Bronco, to me a lot of the mystique is the size. Small, narrow, nimble. I wish that Ford and the buyers thought about that, perhaps they did and discarded it. Seems like so many want to make their Broncos bigger taller and wider. Must be compensating.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.