Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I picked up a like new/used pistol from STI that looks like this one pictured, except mine has the adjustable rear sight and a smidge longer @ 4.4” inches.

I haven’t owed a 9mm for several years, prefer a 45 ACP. These pistols intrigued me after seeing a few of the US Marshal’s Special Tactics guys carrying them.

It’s a double stack 9 that’s coming with two 20 round mags and one 17 round. Previous owner bought extra springs for +P, Standard factory, and light loads.

I did a some Goog-Fu on why the US Marshal’s decided on this weapon. I came away with a feeling that these pistols, as well made as they are, probably didn’t hit as high a ratio on performance as the Glock, but fell well within the specs required - whatever those exact specs were, they never said.

I like 1911 ergos and since I’ve carried one for 15 years, they feel normal and familiar. Being a double stack, I’m hoping it has a similar fit in my hand like my G20.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn nice Beav. Love to hear your thoughts on the size of the grip once you have it in hand.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Looks good. I need a 9mm semi......are these new?
never mind......too rich for me but it does look good!

Last edited by fgold767; 09/08/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
That is sharp,
as JM mentioned keep us in the loop

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice gun , I want to hear about it when you take it to the range .

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Liking that! 👍😎

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks great, and I can feel your excitement, but I dunno.

JMO but there's something about a plain old Glock that goes bang every time with the same trigger pull on every round that's boringly but reliably professional grade, that I find reassuring.

In fact, I'm kind of hankering for a G20 like you mention, as the 10mm looks kinda interesting.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You seriously suck dude this is my dream EDC. There was one in the classifieds unfired & at a good price.

Very nice piece there Beav I’m green.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by efw
You seriously suck dude this is my dream EDC. There was one in the classifieds unfired & at a good price.

There still is...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I remember you posting pics of the Marshall's in Portland and being surprised they were carrying them. Carrying something like that, I bet those guys can shoot!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice looking gun, Beave.

You think 21 rounds before your reload is enough?

Lol. smile

Hope to hear how you like it when you get it in your hand.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Sigh, I admit it... I posted this just for you, cuz I want you to buy one too.

Once I get it, I will run it hard for a day and see what I find.

I have a ton of ammo from +P hp to fmj’s. The test will be how well it eats standard hollow points from various makers without any failures.

😎

“Molon Labe”
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dammm.

Just google fu,d it.
All steel.
Nice...

Got DLC coating.

That stuff is good to go.

Had a DLC coated bolt and bolt carrier in a m4 clone 4 5 yrs ago.

Literally clean it with a oily rag.
Never seen wear marks on the coating.
Ran that rifle hard.

Your a baller man!!!
Seen the price.
LOL!!!

Sweet pistol!!!

Wish you was around here.
Like ta Run my Jehrico 941R against it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

JMO but there's something about a plain old Glock that goes bang every time with the same trigger pull on every round that's boringly but reliably professional grade, that I find reassuring.

In fact, I'm kind of hankering for a G20 like you mention, as the 10mm looks kinda interesting.

Glock lover here, as well. For me the G17 is the pistol for solving differences on a regular basis.

The G20 is a top 3 pistol for me. It’s recoil with its factory spring is soft, allowing for easily getting back on target with rapid fire.

Aside from Glocks, I enjoy shooting several different types of semi autos. Springfield XD’s have been flawless, at least the ones I own.

The two Wilson Combat pistols I own have been excellent with specific ammo. Zero failures. But, they’re finicky and bitchy with others ammo.

I had a Bob Brown that was a beautiful pistol to look at, but had issues with too many different standard loads that made it an ez piece to trip.

I’ve also owned a Les Baer. He makes a work horse 1911, but the accuracy in the pistol I had wasn’t what I liked.

Sig made a decent 1911 that I’ve had some fun with in their XO Model. It was extremely accurate out of the box and devours everything.
The holster purchase for it was pricey at the time due to slide width and shape, but a good pistol if you don’t mind an external extractor.

I like pistols, obviously and used to shoot a lot. It’s time to get more range time again now that work for me is slowing down.

To answer you specific thoughts on a Glock. I consider them the pinnacle of excellence in a defensive handgun.

😎

“Molon Labe”
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I bought one new and STI sends the extra springs with it. Mine is more accurate than most handguns I have shot, so far it is great but less than 200 thru it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Nice looking gun, Beave.

You think 21 rounds before your reload is enough?

Lol. smile

Hope to hear how you like it when you get it in your hand.

If 21 doesn’t get it done. Then someone will have a Staccato sticking out of their head. LOL

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ENorton
I bought one new and STI sends the extra springs with it. Mine is more accurate than most handguns I have shot, so far it is great but less than 200 thru it.

Didn’t know they came with extra springs from STI.

What have you been feeding yours...Any negatives? I read this pistol is accurate out of the box....The adjustable rear sight makes it simple to correct to an individual.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Glock lover here, as well. For me the G17 is the pistol for solving differences on a regular basis.

The G20 is a top 3 pistol for me. It’s recoil with its factory spring is soft, allowing for easily getting back on target with rapid fire.

Aside from Glocks, I enjoy shooting several different types of semi autos. Springfield XD’s have been flawless, at least the ones I own.

The two Wilson Combat pistols I own have been excellent with specific ammo. Zero failures. But, they’re finicky and bitching with others ammo.

I had a Bob Brown that was a beautiful pistol to look at, but had issues with too many different standard loads that made it an ez piece to trip.

I’ve also owned a Les Baer. He makes a work horse 1911, but the accuracy in the pistol I had wasn’t what I liked.

Sig made a decent 1911 that I’ve had some fun with their XO Model. It was extremely accurate out of the box and devours everything.
The holster purchase for it was pricey at the time due to slide width and shape, but a good pistol if you don’t mind an external extractor.

I like pistols, obviously and used to shoot a lot. It’s time to get more range time again now that work for me is slowing down.

To answer you specific thoughts on a Glock. I consider them the pinnacle of excellence in a defensive handgun.

😎

Kewl pistol you just bought but I wouldn't issue it to an agency or troops.

It's a gun guy's pistol.

Hope it works like it looks like it should work.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I remember you posting pics of the Marshall's in Portland and being surprised they were carrying them. Carrying something like that, I bet those guys can shoot!

The tactical guys are using the Leupold Delta Point Pro Optic.
I’ve not yet tried an optic on a pistol...I’m sure I’m missing out of some fun, but to keep my pistols low profile and comfortable in a IWB holster, I’ve chosen not to...At least for now.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.