Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Company that makes them must be selling them on discount. Local city gov. had a few installed. Louisiana doesn't have front plates .

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Company that makes them must be selling them on discount. Local city gov. had a few installed. Louisiana doesn't have front plates .
They're not cheap. But it’s a drop in the bucket compared to the huge revenue stream it creates for the cities that implement them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=hasbeen1945]
Of course, a bunch of cities also shortened the yellows to bump up revenue and MD was forced to return them to recommended lengths to try and cut down on accidents. Legislation to lenghten yellow lights

I've heard that too here in Texas. That's part of the reason TX voted to ban them. Someone (or company) see's an incentive to game the system to increase revenues.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Those cameras aren't bulletproof. .30-06 black tip works particularly well, from a few hundred yards away.

Ol' Hotrod Hathcock at it again.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
They make plastic film covers that the cameras can't read! Don't know what you do about, the smile on your face!

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Our city had them for over five years. Wife got snagged. she was postive she did a full stop and demanded to see the video as the system recorded every infraction. Yup she rolled it Hollywood style. I never let her live it down

Some SJW outfit did a survey. "People of color" were impacted at a higher rate than Whites.

City dumped the system.

Cameras are racists, they tell the truff.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We had one mayor put them up, next mayor took them down.

Now, a new mayor has them back up.

Going to use the money to buy land and build a soccer field.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
They have nothing to do with safety. It’s just another revenue stream for the government using big brother technology administered under the false pretenses of being about safety.
This^

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Received a coupon a couple of years back for running a red light camera. Most of L A County has gotten rid of their red light cameras but not Orange County City of Los Amamitos. So rather than hand over up words of 600 I did a little research. The Company who manufactures these cameras is out of Tucson AZ so when it's my turn in front of the Judge I informed him of that fact and asked him how often do these folks drive out her from Tucson to calibrate these cameras. The judge replied "Excellent question you will receive my ruling in the mail". A couple of weeks later it was dismissed.

Takes me back 30+ years. Speeding ticket by radar
Said they calibrated the radar gun each morning.
I asked how much they were off?
“What do you mean?”
I said it could be off 2mph or 20mph or what ever......
“So......it’s calibrated “
But when does it go bad if it had to be calibrated every day?
And there is no record how much it was off.........

Only ticket I ever beat in my life.

Last edited by 257_X_50; 09/08/20.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Morewood
Coworker got a picture of himself in the mail running a red light along with a substantial fine.

He sent in a picture of the money to pay the fine.

They sent back a picture of handcuffs. He paid the fine.
LMAO.... Excellent!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Heym06
They make plastic film covers that the cameras can't read! Don't know what you do about, the smile on your face!

Tucson used them here before they took the cameras down. If a cop stopped you for any reason and noticed the screenig, you got two tickets and a very big fine.

On another unhappy note, years back when I lived in San Francisco, I got a ticket for "burning a red light". The light turned yellow just as I hit the intersection and then red before I exited it. That yellow was less than two seconds and a "Chippy" red lights me and gives me the ticket. I decided to fight the ticket so the next night I set up a movie camera and filmed the rapid change from green to yellow to red. I presented it in court as evidence that it would be impossible to not run the red light due to the rapid change. That GD judge fine the crap out of me and hit me with court costs. He commented he did not like muscle cars and my vehicle was a not quite stock 66 Mustang. I've had a hate for the court system ever since.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.