Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok, I knew ammo prices were going nuts. About 3-4 weeks ago I bought some .45acp Blazer for like $24 a box. A bit high, sure, but not ridiculously so. Just for kicks, I look today... same stuff. $47. Holy crap. (almost as crazy as $79 for a box of .380 FMJ). But seriously, are people ACTUALLY paying $95 for a 500 rnd box of freakin .22 Thunderbolt ammo? I can't believe even a new gunowner is THAT desperate for .22 ammo.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the buyer accepts and pays the price the seller is asking, how is that gouging?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, they ain't gouging it out of me.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Stophel

COVID aside, still an election year. Gotta stock up. Some people never learn.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Easy solution: lead, black powder, a mould and a flintlock.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

I have a fair supply of .22lr ammo. I was just amazed at the prices they were asking now. And wondering if anyone was really paying that much.

Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Easy solution: lead, black powder, a mould and a flintlock.

15 years of making flintlock guns, and I don't have a (completed) rifle of my own. I have two smoothbore guns, but I'm actually not much of a smoothbore shooter. I have some rifles planned out that I would like to make for myself, but situations make it look unlikely that I will be able to do so.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

For me it’s not stocking up. I’ve got a fair amount on hand.

I just don’t shoot a lot because i can’t replace what i do shoot.

No mags dumps right now. 😂🤪

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
#1 no such thing as gouging a non essential item.
#2 American capitalism is built on supply and demand.
#3 if your buying plywood when the hurricane is half hour away, you deserve to get fleeced.

EVERY election cycle....EVERY ONE, for decades has been like this.
Add in a pandemic, civil unrest, metals shortage....and y'all didn't see this coming a light year away?

Grandaddy was right " stupid needs to hurt".

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Riddle me this: How could anyone with half a brain not have seen this coming? Inquiring minds have to know....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I took the defacto wife out to dinner the other night and decided to stop in the local Fin, Feather, Fur. Surprisingly, they had their usual full compliment of powder, primers and bullets were a little thin, but not too bad, all the same prices.

Walked over to the ammunition shelf for s**ts and giggles, plenty of CCI Blazer 9mm, 40, and 45... $29.99 a box... of fifty: one box limit. crazy People were paying it too. Unbelievable.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gouging is taking advantage of someone when you can. There's a bunch of people that will suck a willie for a dollar and times like these prove who they are.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, people are paying that much. If they weren't, you wouldn't see the prices continually rising. People are dumb.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've watched the American consummer perfect stupidity with the ammo purchasing. They do the same thing with buying stocks. They wait for the stocks to hit the top and buy and when the stocks hit the bottom they sell or don't buy.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Yes, people are paying that much. If they weren't, you wouldn't see the prices continually rising. People are dumb.

A gun is just a over priced club without any bullets. The rioting and looting opened a lot of eyes and pretty much forced folks to get off the pot.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After the last ammo scare, I stocked up on everything I'd need. I'm good for the foreseeable future.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want a real laugh check out the prices on armslist. Those people are funny.

Romans 5:1
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

For me it’s not stocking up. I’ve got a fair amount on hand.

I just don’t shoot a lot because i can’t replace what i do shoot.

No mags dumps right now. 😂🤪

Bingo! Exactly right. I have a couple thousand rounds of range 9mm (and more than enough carry 9mm), all bought when it was cheap, but that doesn't mean I go to the range and shoot three or four hundred rounds of it a week when I can't replace it. More like 100 rounds of it a month, just enough to stay familiar.

For recreational shooting, I'll stick with mainly black powder (components for which are still reasonable) and rimfire, which I have huge stockpiles of from when the last shortage ended and it got cheap again.

Stophel Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've not seen anything like it. If this is supposed to have happened over and over again in the past, perhaps I just wasn't looking at the time. Except for the great .22 shortage. For FOUR YEARS, I did not see any .22LR ammo available anywhere, at any price. It wasn't high, it just wasn't there at all. After it became available again, I started stocking up as much as I could, when I could.

I'm just amazed that people are ACTUALLY paying, with shipping, over a hundred bucks for a box of the cheap Thunderbolts that I paid maybe twenty bucks for a month ago. Perhaps I should sell what I have....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
"I've not seen anything like it"

You're kidding, right? The current availability/prices of guns/ammo is not near as messed up as it's been at least 3 times in the last 12 - 15 years!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,533
Posts18,452,975
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.