Print Thread
Hop To
C
CBB15 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Any real world experience here with a plotmaster or similar equipment.

I am comparing my options for annual small food plot preparation.
I have no access to a tractor and I don't have any need for a tractor outside of food plots.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
http://deerhunterforum.com/index.php

These guys are full of good advice on habitat management and foodplots. I would highly recommend them as a resource.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Following this... I have been broadcasting all my clovers/brassicas/wheat for a number of years... periodic mowing with a riding lawn mower and chemicals to take care of grasses (clethodim) , broadleafs (2,4db) and gly 41% mixed at a couple of oz per gal for generic killing/burning... I have thought about using a no till system but I would have to purchase an expensive plotmaster to do it... so far, I think I made the right decisions for the last 6 years. Great DURANA CLOVER that will feed for 8+ months a year with overseeded greens and wheat...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Also, I bought a boomless 25 gal sprayer from NorthernTool with the biggest pump, for my Polaris 500HO. I can also spread fertilizer/lime/seeds with the Cabelas spreader. Between these two purchases, I can plant anything.

Will Rogers
C
CBB15 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Also, I bought a boomless 25 gal sprayer from NorthernTool with the biggest pump, for my Polaris 500HO. I can also spread fertilizer/lime/seeds with the Cabelas spreader. Between these two purchases, I can plant anything.

Why boomless vs boom with a secondary hand spray attachment? I have been comparing these...

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I've been using a simple 4 blade plow behind my atv for years. Put a piece of osb on top to hold some weight for when the ground is real hard. Use a simple pull behind spreader but looking into the ones that mount on back of atv. The pull behinds can tip easy with a full load. About as big as we do are 1 1/2 acre plots. My rancher 350 wouldnt pull a plotmaster. Sometimes i can sink my plow in real fine dirt and its just light enough where two guys can push it out when it happens. Doubt you could do that with a big setup but if you have the 4wheeler to pull it, I bet it would be great. I've heard of folks pulling them with their small trucks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by CBB15
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

Why boomless vs boom with a secondary hand spray attachment? I have been comparing these...

The boomless on a four wheeler will cover 30+ feet at a swath... much easier...

Last edited by Sasha_and_Abby; 09/09/20.

Will Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
farming.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How big of a areas are you trying to plant?

Smaller areas, i have just planted seed and sectioned Harrowed without discing

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,760 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.