Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
.....if you have Leupold scope that needs service.

I sent in a FX-II 2.5. Priority Mail had it there in 2 days. After about a week, I got an email back. Five weeks for service. No new custom orders or retrofits. No biggie for me as this one is spare right now.

What fresh Hell is this?
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. But Remington 700’s bolts break, don’t feed, extractors break, floor plates fail blah blah fuucking blah... good god it’s rather amazing...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, since you asked so nicely....

I broke this one. Had it on my crossbow and the crank came off its mount and smashed into the eyepiece, shattering one lens at least. I explained that on my service request form. I expect that they'll fix or replace it, whichever is easiest and cheapest for them. If not, it's my fault, my loss.

This is the first scope I've ever sent back. Red dots? Another story.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sent a vx3 1.5 x 20 last November got a new one back 18 working days later.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Judman
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. But Remington 700’s bolts break, don’t feed, extractors break, floor plates fail blah blah fuucking blah... good god it’s rather amazing...

Ha, no [bleep]!
A few years ago I bought an older, gloss 3-9x from a buddy for a hundred bucks. Later upon close examination of the glass it appeared to have some issue. Like fine netting. I called Leupold and asked if they would have a look at it to see if it could be repaired. When they sent it back to me two weeks later they had replaced the glass and all of the internals of the scope. The only thing original was the tube. Free of charge.
Oh the horror!

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Heck, I have been waiting on Schmidt and Bender to repair a Summit riflescope since mid January, basically 8 months.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Don't get how anyone got the notion I was being critical of Saint Leupold. I was merely letting people know the current time frame for service in case they had something that needed attention. This is the only one I ever had to send back, and again, it was my 100% my fault.

What fresh Hell is this?
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hehe! That'll teach you, next time buy 'murican, LOL!

JK, Seriously, I'm no scope snob but S&B makes some of the finest optics I've ever looked through. I'm surprised when I even see people having problems with them.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I sent one in about 5 weeks ago. Had it back in 3 weeks. Bad erector, First failure I've ever had. I have 20 some Leupolds. The one that went bad had many thousands of rds. under it. They also replaced the whole rubber screw in eyepiece that I wrecked. No charge for anything. I'm not unhappy.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I know a few folks at Leupold and have been told by them that this time of year is when they get swamped for repair / checkup orders. Hunting season is getting near and a lot of folks who missed their animal last year want their scopes checked before going hunting this year. Of course the fact that they have had months to send them in prior to hunting season and didn't get around to it but by golly they want them fixed and back within a week.

I suppose a lot of these same folks are just now discovering that there is no ammo available when there was plenty last year but they didn't buy it early either.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No doubt, just like everything else.

"A lack of preparedness on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part", is how it goes I think.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got an email today saying my scope is on its way back. No mention of whether they fixed or replaced. Either is fine with me. Beat the 5-week estimate. Good job.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are backed up with the many "repairs".

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yep, some pretty tough customers here. Especially those who throw their rifles in a rocky river bottom. I’ve got to believe those folks never take care of anything and never had equipment that their life depended on. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Judman
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. ...

I have more than a few accurate rifles and do shoot more than most. Maybe not most here, but definitely more than most in the overall scene. I also understand about mounting scopes so they are not pinched or in a bind. Nevertheless I have had to send in a few Leupolds. I've outlined the particulars in posts in the past.

Are you suggesting that because my hunting is more casual and less extensive than yours that I simply imagined the problems I had with my scopes?

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Popcorn anyone ? 😁

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bought a new VX3i with some crud visible.
Sent it back, think 2 weeks later it shows up "fixed".
Was gonna shoot today but kinda under the weather.
Maybe tomorrow.

Leupold seems OK with me.

Have an old M8 4X compact laying around thats been fine.
Everything else is 2005 or newer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Don't get how anyone got the notion I was being critical of Saint Leupold. I was merely letting people know the current time frame for service in case they had something that needed attention. This is the only one I ever had to send back, and again, it was my 100% my fault.

You have been here for a long time....15,000+ posts....with a good chance of seeing most all of the Leupold bashing posts...And didn't think this one would bring out the defenders and haters...Ok, but I'm not buying it....

And then we head it with "Better get on the stick...Leupold repair."

Last edited by battue; 09/23/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a VXR that needs to go back. Elevation isn’t working. New scope so I can’t blame it on me this time. Only the 2nd problem ever with a Leupold And I have close to 20.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Pappy348

You have been here for a long time....15,000+ posts....with a good chance of seeing most all of the Leupold bashing posts...And didn't think this one would bring out the defenders and haters...Ok, but I'm not buying it....

And then we head it with "Better get on the stick...Leupold repair."

Believe it or don't; matters not to me. What others do with the thread also doesn't matter, and is on them, not me. Thought the information might be helpful, and anyone with a reading comprehension level above the average chipmunk can see my comments were positive, not that it matters either.

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/get-on-the-stick

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 219DW, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.