Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I'm in the market for some quality shooting glasses. Would you give me some suggestions re: brands to consider, colors you've used and like, and lens material. I've read polycarbonate is very good. Would use these for all rifle shooting: load development, practice and if possible, hunting. thanks much.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use Randolph Ranger glasses for clay target shooting, I like the CMT lens very much on bright days

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered a pair of Oakleys Half Jackets with transition lenses from my optometrist. They work in any light, correct my vision and protect my eyes. They weren't cheap.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Another happy user here of Randolph Ranger Edge shooting glasses. The tint/color of the lenses is very much an individual thing, as different people see colors differently.

Alas, I require bifocals, and have been quite pleased with my glasses, having just ordered two more pairs with a new prescription.

It may also interest some to know that a special lens can be cut with the order specifically designed for pistol or iron sight rifle focus distances. One lens for short distance, the off eye using the regular lens. I have had these for several years and they work great.

I highly recommend Morgan Optical, in Olean, NY. Great folks who understand shooting and optics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got Decot. HY-WYD. I shoot ATA trap. Seems like all the trap shooters around here use Decot. www.decot.com 1-800-528-1901.

I got the Classic Hy-Wyd frames in the Clays package. 3 colored lenses---Target Orange Lite Medium for low light. V-Lite Rose Light Medium for average light. ColorMag for ultimate contrast on bright sunny days.

They are a great family owned company that has been around for 65 years.

There are also packages for Hunting and Action Shooting.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Another vote for Decot

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GF1
Another happy user here of Randolph Ranger Edge shooting glasses. The tint/color of the lenses is very much an individual thing, as different people see colors differently.
I highly recommend Morgan Optical, in Olean, NY. Great folks who understand shooting and optics.

That is who I got mine from. I do have a couple of sets of Decot Hyd's but the Rangers fit me better

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I picked up a pair of single vision TacticalRX SOB's with polarized brown lenses last year:

https://www.tacticalrx.com/prescription/tacticalrx/tacticalrx/sob-rx-pid-2242

I like them a lot. TacticalRX says they have a special formula so they can RX the curved/close fitting/wrapped lenses of sports frames. I can tell a difference regarding fine edges between the thicker polycarbonate wrap lenses and the flatter lenses I use in my daily wear. How much of that is due to the curvature vs the lens material vs coatings, etc I can't say. I don't have trouble shooting fine groups with them and when I'm outside or driving during daylight with glasses on I'm wearing them. If I had known how much I'd wear them I would have purchased them years ago. Really like them.

I also purchased another model from TacticalRX with clear lenses. I'd not do that again. I prefer the vision with flat/regular fit on the clear lenses.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
I'm in the market for some quality shooting glasses. Would you give me some suggestions re: brands to consider, colors you've used and like, and lens material. I've read polycarbonate is very good. Would use these for all rifle shooting: load development, practice and if possible, hunting. thanks much.

I switched to Pilla about 6 years ago. Now have Outlaw, Panther and Renegade frames for different uses. Their lenses and comfort are like they were engineered just for me. Obviously, mileage varies...

Pilla Eyewear

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.