Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by milespatton
I read this somewhere long ago. From what I read, early on in the formation of the bible that " young girl" was changed to virgin. Supposedly to give it more weight. Also Noah's father was gone for a long period of time and questioned being the father of Noah. He went to His father (I think Methuselah) and the Grandfather told Noah's father that the real father of Noah was not from this world. I don't remember the source as I used to read a lot when I was younger. miles

Seems like there is some basis for the change.....seems that in 200 BC, there were 70 Hebrew scholars who undertook the translation of Hebrew scriptures into Greek.

They translated the word "almah" into the Greek word "parthenos" ..... virgin. It could be that the 70 Hebrew scholars understood the context of Isaiah 7 - 9 and translated the word correctly, given the context.

So, the usage of the term "parthenos" is not a Christian construct.

BUT..... these abovementioned,,,,so-called "experts" have a focus only on this one verse..... An honest scholar, not one interested in "fake news" would read the following chapters to provide a clear picture of what is going on.

I have a couple of things to do, but I will be along in awhile to show this.

Meanwhile, know that guys like Starman are purveyors of "fake news"...... only the deceived do not see this.

btw... remember his "fake news" allegation about Pantera?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Like pretty much all miracles in the Bible, it was based on pagan lore. Pagans believed in virgin births long before Christianity came along. Now the one thing that I was wondering about was Mary Magdalene. In some early Christian texts she is seen as his wife, Its is said that some early Church leaders wanted to downplay her importance so they made her out to be a prostitute. For one, how can the Bible be the true word of God if there were men making these decisions and secondly if you believe Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Lord right now, do you think he is real happy that everyone is calling his wife a whore?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Like pretty much all miracles in the Bible, it was based on pagan lore. Pagans believed in virgin births long before Christianity came along. Now the one thing that I was wondering about was Mary Magdalene. In some early Christian texts she is seen as his wife, Its is said that some early Church leaders wanted to downplay her importance so they made her out to be a prostitute. For one, how can the Bible be the true word of God if there were men making these decisions and secondly if you believe Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Lord right now, do you think he is real happy that everyone is calling his wife a whore?

You are free to believe as you see.

I have heard it said that God dwells in enough darkness that those who desire not to see..... do not see..... BUT, he also dwells in enough light that those who want to find Him.... do so.

What you believe is important..... Who you believe is not only important, but has eternal consequences.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Jews hate Jesus...the end.

They've been trying to spin his murder by them for several millennium.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Chisos

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Chisos

A good example of someone who does not want to find..... intentionally avoiding the light.

How sad.... and empty.....deceived....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

EVERYTHING you think you know about Jesus comes from the writings of Jews. Sigh.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49
A good example of someone who does not want to find..... intentionally avoiding the light.

She is just a regular everyday Jew, trying to Jew people for her own benefit. Just like that rabbi.

All rabbis actually.

All Jews, actually.

That White men continue to listen to these people, conduct business with them, and let them live among us, puzzles me more and more each day.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
I read this somewhere long ago. From what I read, early on in the formation of the bible that " young girl" was changed to virgin. Supposedly to give it more weight. Also Noah's father was gone for a long period of time and questioned being the father of Noah. He went to His father (I think Methuselah) and the Grandfather told Noah's father that the real father of Noah was not from this world. I don't remember the source as I used to read a lot when I was younger. miles

Seems like there is some basis for the change.....seems that in 200 BC, there were 70 Hebrew scholars who undertook the translation of Hebrew scriptures into Greek.

They translated the word "almah" into the Greek word "parthenos" ..... virgin. It could be that the 70 Hebrew scholars understood the context of Isaiah 7 - 9 and translated the word correctly, given the context.

So, the usage of the term "parthenos" is not a Christian construct.

BUT..... these abovementioned,,,,so-called "experts" have a focus only on this one verse..... An honest scholar, not one interested in "fake news" would read the following chapters to provide a clear picture of what is going on.

I have a couple of things to do, but I will be along in awhile to show this.

Meanwhile, know that guys like Starman are purveyors of "fake news"...... only the deceived do not see this.

btw... remember his "fake news" allegation about Pantera?

Yeah, the Rabbi’s assertion that a virgin birth was not a sign because no one would know rings very hollow. If a Jewish girl/woman was unmarried in those days, unless she was a prostitute, she was assumed to be a virgin. If she was married, by definition, she wasn’t a virgin. So, if an unmarried girl became pregnant, she would scream to the high heavens, to avoid punishment, that she was a virgin and did not know how she had conceived. Sure, she could have been a liar, but the assertion would have been known at the time and thus, would have been available as a sign.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gas is pushing $3 here.

LOL
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I have heard it said that God dwells in enough darkness that those who desire not to see..... do not see..... BUT, he also dwells in enough light that those who want to find Him.... do so.

What you believe is important..... Who you believe is not only important, but has eternal consequences.

Seeing as the Bible was "edited" by man, how do you know it is a true representation of God's word? If the editors of the Bible wanted to downplay the significance of Mary Magdalene because they did not want people to know Jesus had a wife, what else did they leave out or change? Maybe that Jesus had siblings? How does that fit in with the whole virgin birth thing? Are we to believe that Joseph and Mary never had sex for the entire time they were married? There were books that were banned and destroyed by the editors and anyone in possession of any of these banned books would be declared a heretic. Perhaps one should not rely on another man to determine the path to finding God.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nothing like posting something to bring out the anti-semites.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Seeing as the Bible was "edited" by man, how do you know it is a true representation of God's word? If the editors of the Bible wanted to downplay the significance of Mary Magdalene because they did not want people to know Jesus had a wife, what else did they leave out or change? Maybe that Jesus had siblings? How does that fit in with the whole virgin birth thing? Are we to believe that Joseph and Mary never had sex for the entire time they were married? There were books that were banned and destroyed by the editors and anyone in possession of any of these banned books would be declared a heretic. Perhaps one should not rely on another man to determine the path to finding God.

Such ignorance amazes. Jesus never married, he did have siblings that were born after him, M&J had sex after Jesus which was conceived which is how he had siblings.

Perhaps one should read the Bible before he tries to pick it apart.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Since jews believe that Jesus boils in a vat of excrement in hell for all eternity,why would we,as Christians, believe ANYTHING a rabbi says about ANYTHING reguarding Jesus or Mary or any of our Christian beliefs?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Since jews believe that Jesus boils in a vat of excrement in hell for all eternity,why would we,as Christians, believe ANYTHING a rabbi says about ANYTHING reguarding Jesus or Mary or any of our Christian beliefs?

I see you're familiar with the Talmud. Most here are clueless.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gas is still under $2 here. Y'all are getting robbed.

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Stickfight

She is just a regular everyday Jew, trying to Jew people for her own benefit. Just like that rabbi.

All rabbis actually.

All Jews, actually.

That White men continue to listen to these people, conduct business with them, and let them live among us, puzzles me more and more each day.

Ya ever think that maybe God picked the Hebrews so the rest of humanity could say to themselves..." well if He can tolerate and even love those people, there IS hope for me..."

The Jewish mindset and personality can run the gamut from reprehensible to awesome, just like other races, but there is something especially putrid about the lack of honesty and abhorrent character that they can possess...sort of like the smug, fake self-deprecating, false humility that someone like a Mitt Romney rocks...but worse. ie Shumer, DeBlasio ( fake name) Weinstein, Epstein, et al....they have a thirst for power without the natural charisma and grit to earn it, so they steal it, in many different ways.... and they are more clever than most, and they know it.

If forced upon me to build a mile of fence in rocky ground , a Hasidic (sp) Jew from the enclave in NYC, would be my last choice..

Now to make war with the heathen with King David, or even Saul or Gideon, to ride a week with Elisha, listen to Paul preach, etc I would consider that the privilege of a lifetime, priceless....

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Asking a rabbi about Jesus is like asking Jim Acosta about Trump.

Used to get a mag about Biblical Archeology, or some such. Seemed to be devoted to destroying people's faith and explaining away miracles using science. Funny part was how many contributers were some sort of clergy. Science tells us (or used to) that bumblebees can't fly.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Such ignorance amazes. Jesus never married, he did have siblings that were born after him, M&J had sex after Jesus which was conceived which is how he had siblings.

Perhaps one should read the Bible before he tries to pick it apart.

How do you know Jesus never married? Because it wasn't written in the Bible? Doesn't that go along with what I had been saying? How do you know M&J had sex after Jesus? Where is that written in the Bible? Joseph was much older than Mary. How do you know they weren't his children from another woman? Does the Bible say they were the children born of Mary (Jesus's mother)? Apparently Mary had a sister named Mary of Clopas. How confusing that must have been to have 2 daughters named Mary. The argument over whether Jesus had siblings is an argument that has been going on for 1600 years or more. There are arguments about the translation as to whether it really meant siblings. Lot is called Abraham's brother in the old testament when he was actually his nephew. The catholic church as well as orthodox christianity believe Mary was a virgin her whole life. Its all the same group of people that took it upon themselves to edit the word of God and determine what we should believe.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

TF49 you who blatantly denied saying things
on the CF saying I was mistaken
until I brought up your posts showing that you
did in fact say them.

Why do you take a lie and deny approach ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 47 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,551
Posts18,453,584
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.