Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was there. Didn’t see the first plane hit but I saw what was left of the second plane come out the east side of the tower I was on the other side of the river In Brooklyn, Watch the towers collapse, surreal almost like it was fake. Next day I was working ground zero,( Operating engineers NYC )That was a terrifying experience for me. I can’t believe it’s been 19 years like it was yesterday. Got to work on the freedom Tower, I would love to see Tower II go up before I retire but I don’t think it’s going to happen, I was 40 years old when it happened, And it was such a beautiful day...but anyhow,they really shoved it up our asses that day.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll never forget the day, I'll never forget what I was doing either, but I think more importantly, I'll never forget who did it.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Always aware of 9/11.
Had soldiers of mine KIA and WIA in OIF 1.
But we gave out way more than what we took........

I was in day 2 of a 2 week school that tuesday morning learning the Javelin missle system. So I could be the trainer of the 6 AT gunners in my company.
18 of us from the 502nd IN
Train the Trainers course.

We used em in OIF 1 against fortified schools,bunkers, and buildings in Ah Najaf.
Haji thought he was immune at times a couple of klicks away in cities.
Wrong answer dumb fugg....
Used em in Karbala against tech vehicles/ Toyota trucks with Dshk,s on em when we did a brigade sized clearing op in the city.
Burning piles of metal , rubber, and meat.
The stand off range of the missle is more than what is said.......

Everyone in division went on alert/guard 24/7.
Those of us in Javelin school were told our place of duty was the school and we were not subject to other duties until certified on the system fully and brigade was contacted we had duty to domicile only.

Class stopped for about 2 hrs the morning of 9/11.
Watching it on a TV the instructors rolled in.
Most of us figured Bin Laden and we talked about it at length.
We knew we was gonna go to war in the near future.
Had a bunch of buds in the 187th that went to afghanistan intially.

Then we was told by Division schools thru the Rayethon and Lockheed Martin instructors to continue training...
For obvious reasons....

The T-72 has between 1/2 and 3/4 ths tank of fuel in it and 36 tank rounds.
Not a sterilized range hulk.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
Always aware of 9/11.
Had soldiers of mine KIA and WIA in OIF 1.
But we gave out way more than what we took........

I was in day 2 of a 2 week school that tuesday morning learning the Javelin missle system. So I could be the trainer of the 6 AT gunners in my company.
18 of us from the 502nd IN
Train the Trainers course.

We used em in OIF 1 against fortified schools,bunkers, and buildings in Ah Najaf.
Haji thought he was immune at times a couple of klicks away in cities.
Wrong answer dumb fugg....
Used em in Karbala against tech vehicles/ Toyota trucks with Dshk,s on em when we did a brigade sized clearing op in the city.
Burning piles of metal , rubber, and meat.
The stand off range of the missle is more than what is said.......

Everyone in division went on alert/guard 24/7.
Those of us in Javelin school were told our place of duty was the school and we were not subject to other duties until certified on the system fully and brigade was contacted we had duty to domicile only.

Class stopped for about 2 hrs the morning of 9/11.
Watching it on a TV the instructors rolled in.
Most of us figured Bin Laden and we talked about it at length.
We knew we was gonna go to war in the near future.
Had a bunch of buds in the 187th that went to afghanistan intially.

Then we was told by Division schools thru the Rayethon and Lockheed Martin instructors to continue training...
For obvious reasons....

The T-72 has between 1/2 and 3/4 ths tank of fuel in it and 36 tank rounds.
Not a sterilized range hulk.

Rene,
A sincere thank you for your service!
And No, I'll never forget that day. I'll never forget OR forgive who did it either. Probably the first time I realized we as Americans could were actually vulnerable. After the wall came down and the cold war was over, it seemed like we were untouchable. 9/11 proved we weren't.
I truly hope it never comes out that our govt was complicit instead of simply incompetent in stopping the attacks.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/10/20.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BamBam
I was there. Didn’t see the first plane hit but I saw what was left of the second plane come out the east side of the tower I was on the other side of the river In Brooklyn, Watch the towers collapse, surreal almost like it was fake. Next day I was working ground zero,( Operating engineers NYC )That was a terrifying experience for me. I can’t believe it’s been 19 years like it was yesterday. Got to work on the freedom Tower, I would love to see Tower II go up before I retire but I don’t think it’s going to happen, I was 40 years old when it happened, And it was such a beautiful day...but anyhow,they really shoved it up our asses that day.

Impressive BamBam.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ill never Forget! Worked for Northwest Airlines back then, Hard to belive that a Internalional Airport shut down. all of them did Erie place that night ! still was called in that afternoon. took a 45-70 lever gun and 2 handguns with me, Metros not to far from a Million Arabs in Dearborn. sat in a hanger and watched TV and played cards! and Yes I still hate them people!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Impressive BamBam.

9/11 will always have a special place in my mind, I had a front row seat that day, next day I was in the game, sights smells sounds Taste’s ,pictures, videos doesn’t do it justice. My brother was jogging in central park that day, NYPD detective, he lives in Manhattan. Commandeered A cab and drove downtown got there before the towers collapse.Vietnam veteran Marine Corps, He said the toughest part was Listening to,watching the bodies of the people jumping and hitting the ground, everybody should have to watch those videos There out there but you just never see them.That place was hell on earth for quite some time. truck driver friend of mine that I worked with was on the Staten Island Expressway pulled over looking at the towers talking on the phone with his girlfriend she was on The roof of tower 1 (north tower) telling each other that they love one another Then the tower collapsed. He told me that years later, so when people say I remember where I was when the towers collapse I always think of Vinny talking to his girlfriend. That’s it......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah that’s rough.

God bless Vinny and your brother.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah that’s rough.

God bless Vinny and your brother.

+1

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll never forget that morning

I had a roof torn open in town, really needed to get my ass over on it. The wife needed me to keep the kid for a couple hours until “Nana” could was freed up gettin her toenails clipped or some chit.

Started watching all the TV live coverage was glued to the TV until my son Baby Huey took the most massive dump in his diaper ever conceived. It was mooshing out of the top of his onesie shirt collar.

Had to relocate him outside to the sidewalk and hose him off.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I can remember it like it was yesterday. Driving to work, thinking how blue the sky looked. Not a single cloud to be seen. Then it came over the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. Got to work and we turned on the fuzzy, no antenna TV in one of the break rooms and watched the Towers fall.

The emotions I felt are very real to this day.

Shock, sorrow, confusion...

But most of all, white hot ANGER!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Impressive BamBam.

9/11 will always have a special place in my mind, I had a front row seat that day, next day I was in the game, sights smells sounds Taste’s ,pictures, videos doesn’t do it justice. My brother was jogging in central park that day, NYPD detective, he lives in Manhattan. Commandeered A cab and drove downtown got there before the towers collapse.Vietnam veteran Marine Corps, He said the toughest part was Listening to,watching the bodies of the people jumping and hitting the ground, everybody should have to watch those videos There out there but you just never see them.That place was hell on earth for quite some time. truck driver friend of mine that I worked with was on the Staten Island Expressway pulled over looking at the towers talking on the phone with his girlfriend she was on The roof of tower 1 (north tower) telling each other that they love one another Then the tower collapsed. He told me that years later, so when people say I remember where I was when the towers collapse I always think of Vinny talking to his girlfriend. That’s it......

Dang...

God Bless them all.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (1_deuce, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 280shooter, 204guy, 36 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,156
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.