Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I hope that people come to the realization that corona virus is deadly for only a small percentage of the population. Most of the population will get sick and experience mild symptoms, then recover.

181,000+ people have died in the U.S. Of those deaths, 170,000+/- had pre-existing conditions that contributed to their death. Pre-existing conditions include things like asthma, emphysema, COPD, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

About 9,000 people over the age of 70, without pre-existing conditions, have died.

Millions of people have contracted the China flu and suffered only minor symptoms, then recovered. These are not even being counted because they didn't go to the hospital.

Only a handful of people, not in a high risk category have died.

So if you're in a high risk category stay home, avoid gatherings of people, practice good hygiene, avoid anyone with symptoms, maybe for several more months.

If you're not in a high risk category, then you can go about your daily activities as you normally would. If you start to exhibit symptoms, then stay home for a couple of weeks and go to the hospital if your temp spikes at over 104°F or if you have trouble breathing.

I'm 72 years old. I'm sick and tired of big brother telling me that I have to stay at home, wear a mask, avoid groups of people, avoid restaurants and church. I'm not going to live my life in fear and cower under some rock. A life like that isn't worth living.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said and I agree with you 100% KC. That being said, my wife is in the high risk category with a heart condition so we will continue avoiding crowds.
The younger healthy people should go live their lives without fear, as long as they are careful about not spreading the China virus to those who are vulnerable.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well said I could not agree more!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Amen brother!!

Originally Posted by KC

I hope that people come to the realization that corona virus is deadly for only a small percentage of the population. Most of the population will get sick and experience mild symptoms, then recover.

181,000+ people have died in the U.S. Of those deaths, 170,000+/- had pre-existing conditions that contributed to their death. Pre-existing conditions include things like asthma, emphysema, COPD, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

About 9,000 people over the age of 70, without pre-existing conditions, have died.

Millions of people have contracted the China flu and suffered only minor symptoms, then recovered. These are not even being counted because they didn't go to the hospital.

So if you're in a high risk category stay home, avoid gatherings of people, practice good hygiene, avoid anyone with symptoms, maybe for several more months.

If you're not in a high risk category, then you can go about your daily activities as you normally would. If you start to exhibit symptoms, then stay home for a couple of weeks and go to the hospital if your temp spikes at over 104°F or if you have trouble breathing.

I'm 72 years old. I'm sick and tired of big brother telling me that I have to stay at home, wear a mask, avoid groups of people, avoid restaurants and church. I'm not going to live my life in fear and cower under some rock. A life like that isn't worth living.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've said it before.

I'll say it again.

If you woke up this morning, took a breath, scheidt, ate breakfast and drank coffee..............

YOU have a preexisting condition.....................it's called life.

You will not die from The Corona if you're ded.

You might die from The Corona if you're alive..................

then again, you might not.

Life can be considered a comorbidity if you please.

I take care, live away from folks, go to town as infrequently as necessary, wear a mask at the Dr's office and such, don't believe in crowds anyway, have a few health issues that might be affected if I become infected, but I'm not going to go about living in fear.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roger that.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by KC

I'm sick and tired of big brother telling me that I have to stay at home, wear a mask, avoid groups of people, avoid restaurants and church. I'm not going to live my life in fear and cower under some rock. A life like that isn't worth living.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Well said KC.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

You and I share EXACTLY the same thought,. BTW I am 75 years young.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The younger healthy people should go live their lives without fear, as long as they are careful about not spreading the China virus to those who are vulnerable.

NVhntr

Yep. I should have included that.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Where I have been all along on this. More and more people are finally starting to figure it out. I would be interested to see if the masses would go along with another shut down.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
But it is okay to contract the virus and pass it on to someone else who will suffer or die???????

This is a lot more complicated than most want to understand.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Our own COVID-19 "expert" Anthony Fauci is the one who told the world that COVID-19 is 10 times more deadly than the regular flu and caused the whole world to panic. He used the wrong death type to make that prediction. He used the CFR rate of .01 (1 out of 100) instead of the IFR rate of .001 (1 out of 1000). The CFR (case fatality rate of .01) is for the people who are seriously ill and probably in a hospital. The IFR (infection fatality rate of .001) is for the people are infected but have mild or no symptoms. Fauci used the CFR death rate for his death predictions and hasn't corrected his mistake to this day. When you take into account the large number of people who wont' get infected (which Fauci hasn't done) COVID-19 isn't may not turn out to be more dangerous than the regular flu.

Last edited by victoro; 09/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
But it is okay to contract the virus and pass it on to someone else who will suffer or die???????

No, it's not more complicated. If you have a comorbidity, or a fear of the virus - stay home and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
With the connected world we live in now, statistically anyone who was going to get sick from "covid" has already gotten sick. What is happening now has nothing to do with some virus or the well-being or health of the population.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No it isn't more complicated.

We go through this every day of every year. Some days/years more get sick and die than others.

Nothing new under the sun.

We should always be somewhat concerned about spreading bugs to vulnerable people, and we never know for sure how virulent a given year's flu strain will be.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it ok to drive a beat-up half rusted out car that still passes safety inspection?
Even though it will be totaled from even a minor accident?

That is about the size of it.

If you are at risk from your life style, eating habits, smoking you can't blame others for your condition. They taught you that stuff in elementary school along with the basics of how a virus spreads...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

If you are at risk from your life style, eating habits, smoking you can't blame others for your condition. They taught you that stuff in elementary school along with the basics of how a virus spreads...

Certainly can't blame others for our actions. For discussion, not directed at you...........Is it fair to blame another that goes out regardless of their "allergies" acting up a little?

It is a little more complicated than some of you make it out to be. Common sense simplifies things but people lacking common sense complicate things. Don't stop your life and don't live in fear but have a little common sense.

It's hit REAL close to home in my community the last two weeks. A big factor has been the poor choice of one individual to not stay at home when they had symptoms.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Certainly can't blame others for our actions. For discussion, not directed at you...........Is it fair to blame another that goes out regardless of their "allergies" acting up a little?

It is a little more complicated than some of you make it out to be. Common sense simplifies things but people lacking common sense complicate things. Don't stop your life and don't live in fear but have a little common sense.

It's hit REAL close to home in my community the last two weeks. A big factor has been the poor choice of one individual to not stay at home when they had symptoms.

The problem is most that have it don't even have symptoms. We have no clue how many have had it. So you can't keep the country closed down for years. If you're older have health problems now is a wake up call to prepare. People just live in ignorance and expect the govt to take care of their every day needs with no sense of responsibility.

And of course Dems will always be willing to kill people, destroy lives to advance their cause.

Common sense

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not for most of us, but seemingly for you.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The testing like this has never been done before so there's no basis for comparison. They count every positive as a case even if the person never gets sick. If a non-sick person is pos, either their body is fighting it off as expected or the test is wrong. Either way, they shouldn't be listed as a case of cv until they show symptoms. They dont have it. Being exposed and fighting it off isn't being sick with it. About 40 pct of the positives aren't sick and shouldn't be counted at all.
What number of cases would we have seen in any previous epidemic if they'd tested like this? I would bet that they would have been just as high, maybe higher.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

300 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 41 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,352
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.