Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 40 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 39 40
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but, a marine buddy at work 3 days ago claimed leupold Mark IV we’re being made exclusively for military?

Incorrect. 15 - 20 years ago the Mark IV was Leupold’s top of the line. They were widely used by military and police snipers and also by civilians in tactical matches, the predecessor to what now are the PRS style matches.

I remember trying a Nightforce and comparing it side by side with my Mark IV. The differences in quality were stark. Sold the Mark IV the next week and bought my first Nightforce. That was in 2005. That first Nightforce still runs perfectly.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness..JudLady spends zero to NO time,actually shooting and gets giddy at Press Releases she cain't afford. Hint. LAUGHING!

The fixed MK 4's usually held zero,tracked and repeated,as per their time. The turrets were a language separate from the reticle,which is still fhuqking FUNNY(and a Reupold constant),but the bitches largely performed. The 1" Variables were/are a fhuqking JOKE,as are the 30mm "offerings". Pardon my shooting them all and the some. Hint.

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still tap tap every scope adjustment with a screwdriver handle completely out of habit after dealing with ACOGs on a M16.

I have zero idea if it helps anything or not.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not to be overly critical, but, Jud is a game killing machine and has shared the pics.
Cumbaya... Cumbaya.... Cumbaya....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

What's even more wow is how aluminum chassis stocks rule PRS now days.

Who saw that coming?

This guy. grin

Because of the thermal expansion properties of the blocks and how it creates a linear expansion with the optic, right?

No because of Black Magic. crazy

I literally called that trend 5 years in advance and you can't find any pillar bedded glass stocks even remotely competitive in PRS/NRL, Mil Sniper Systems or any other discipline where you don't get sighters.

It's sorta what I do. grin

Further reference : Berger Reloading Loading Book/ Hunting with VLDs.

Leupold CDS system would be another example.

You’d think if a guy had his finger on the pulse of where the market was headed, he’d own Gunwerks or something.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them with a clue,left Reupold long ago,as the ship sunk. Hint.

Laffin'............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but, a marine buddy at work 3 days ago claimed leupold Mark IV we’re being made exclusively for military?

Incorrect. 15 - 20 years ago the Mark IV was Leupold’s top of the line. They were widely used by military and police snipers and also by civilians in tactical matches, the predecessor to what now are the PRS style matches.

I remember trying a Nightforce and comparing it side by side with my Mark IV. The differences in quality were stark. Sold the Mark IV the next week and bought my first Nightforce. That was in 2005. That first Nightforce still runs perfectly.

Judman is correct as Leupold discontinued the MK IV but is still supporting older contracts for the Mil.

The MK5, MK6, and MK8 lines are current Leupold top line tactical scopes.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Relatively speaking of course. My bud Tubb has won 11 titles at Camp Perry. Add up all of yours and your buddy's and you have a total of , what, NONE? Tubb is "good".

You sure can bring the funny to a thread, thanks.

I wonder what brand of scope your "bud Tubb" shoots?

Tubb shoot Leupold

As you two are so close I wonder why you didn't know Tubb was a Leupold fan? Strange.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I still tap tap every scope adjustment with a screwdriver handle completely out of habit after dealing with ACOGs on a M16.

As a machinist I always make the finale adjustment tightening the erector against the bias spring to ensure zero backlash.

Testing on the collimator shows this is not necessary but old habits are hard to break.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
In fairness..JudLady spends zero to NO time,actually shooting and gets giddy at Press Releases she cain't afford. Hint. LAUGHING!

The fixed MK 4's usually held zero,tracked and repeated,as per their time. The turrets were a language separate from the reticle,which is still fhuqking FUNNY(and a Reupold constant),but the bitches largely performed. The 1" Variables were/are a fhuqking JOKE,as are the 30mm "offerings". Pardon my shooting them all and the some. Hint.

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Why don't you provide us with a link of any scope in Leupolds line up that the reticle and turrets are no synced.

Thanks.

I have heard good things about the old Ultras/MK IVs. Back in the day I might even have used one a bit. cool

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Judman is correct as Leupold discontinued the MK IV but is still supporting older contracts for the Mil.

Relatively speaking of course. My bud Tubb has won 11 titles at Camp Perry. Add up all of yours and your buddy's and you have a total of , what, NONE? Tubb is "good".

Tubb shoot Leupold

As you two are so close I wonder why you didn't know Tubb was a Leupold fan? Strange.

As a machinist I always make the finale adjustment tightening the erector against the bias spring to ensure zero backlash.

Testing on the collimator shows this is not necessary but old habits are hard to break.

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Why don't you provide us with a link of any scope in Leupolds line up that the reticle and turrets are no synced.

Thanks.

I have heard good things about the old Ultras/MK IVs. Back in the day I might even have used one a bit. cool

Are those some powder burns I see next to that "1 mile" paper taped on there?

Nah, you have to have shot from a mile, or else that "1 mile" label wouldn't stick on the backer.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms,

One can only slap the dick out of your trembling fingers so many times,but you can't refrain from drawing them with your mouth open...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Tubb shoot Leupold

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Thanks.

You missed.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Are those some powder burns I see next to that "1 mile" paper taped on there?

Nah, you have to have shot from a mile, or else that "1 mile" label wouldn't stick on the backer.

That target is pretty well vetted.

Just Sayin. grin

I might have also shot at a mile in front of more than one 24hr Campfire member and done OK.

Lil Fish,

Still waiting on that link for any current Leupold optic in which the reticle and turret are not in sync.

Get Crackin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Seinfeld?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Says the washed fuuck sawed off rat turd that has a boat boneyard in his yard!! 😂😂

A lowly vx1 that continues to ghost shiit...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Though in fairness I don’t submerge it in creeks, if only to make the flat bill Sitka crew “think” I’m really testing my wares.. 😂😂🤣

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Note; the turrets, butler creeks, copious amounts of dumb tape, and buttfuuck paint jobs. Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There ain't NO slighting her steadfast and exceptionally WELL found INSECURITIES...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Mebbe start a Riot,with your Brokedick Whine?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No insecurities here liar Larry, it appears you get very angry when folks “get by” with what you despise and constantly bitch about?? Jealousy sure is a bitch.. it’s about “now time” for killin, you’ll at least get to look at my pics, stomp your feet and throw a full blown hissy fit. 😘🥰💋

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Tubb shoot Leupold

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Thanks.

Ross told me that scope did not adjust accurately but that he figured out how to make it work

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ll make sure to have my #1 pard pose in the pics for ya there sweet chucks!! Haha
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Ross told me that scope did not adjust accurately but that he figured out how to make it work

Worked awesome when I was dialing it.

I suspect if he wanted me to test it again it would track like it had radar just like in the old days.

Just Sayin. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Burns,

I have little interest in your affinity for trifling quarrels.

Context of 15 - 20 years was very clear for my comment. No one was confused about that other than apparently you.

The point was respond to Jud's question.

I have no beef with him, you, Stick or anyone else as I have better things to do in my life.

Just answered his question.

The Mark IV was good back in its day, but that was decades ago as indicated.

Servicing broken discontinued scopes today is/was not the focus of the discussion.

Servicing broken scopes, guess Leupold might have cornered that market, so will give you that.

Stick's memory is spot on about the reticle, back then, not now was the discussion point.

Stick was right on that point and made me cringe and laugh at the same time thinking back.

Page 6 of 40 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.