Print Thread
Hop To
P
P_Weed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have been looking for a sub-compact, 9mm pistol for some time. Two weeks ago I went to three gun stores
and looked at and handled various models, their features, prices, etc. I took notes to later compare these pistols
at home on-line.

At the first two stores, I didn't pay too much attention to the Kimber Micro pistols because of the high price.
But at the third store they had a Kimber Micro 9 - '2020 Shot Show Special' at a very reasonable price
and I bought it.

https://www.dukessportshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/411559143_1.jpg

This is my first Kimber and I like everything about it. It shoots well and I did too!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good news!

Post up some pics of the new gat! Targets too.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have a Micro-9 CDP and really like this little pistol.. Glad you got one in your budget area... Enjoy!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
nice looking pistol

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have a Micro-9 and like it very well. Has almost replaced my Kahr PM9 as my everyday carry piece

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be interested in your thoughts after used/carried it a bit, as had an eye on one, myself. Had tried a sig p238 .380 for years, small but perfect proportions. Then tried the P938 but the feel was just never right, didn’t care for it. Curious about the kimber micro; just like the 1911 ergos/funtion. Mostly using P365 9mm in that role, and dan wesson guardian 45 at present.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
P Weed: Good for you!
I had my eye on a used but minty Kimber Micro-9 about 4 weeks ago at my LGS and in two days it was gone.
So I missed out on that one.
Then they got in a new one and in one day it was sold.
My LGS usually has 40 - 50 semi-auto pistols in stock (over the last 20 years) but right now they are down to just 5!
I am glad you had some pistols to compare to at your store.
Keep us informed on your experiences with it.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I carry mine with the extended magazine, it is just more comfortable and really doesn't compromise the "carryability" of the gun at all

P
P_Weed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
In my original post I stated that my Kimber Micro-9 shot well and I did too. Today I went back to a friends place within some hills where
we previously shot it - But due to wind & rain, there was no shooting today. I am not a good handgun marksman - but for the first time
in 75 years I am taking time, patience, and concentration to develop some handgun marksmanship skills and I am surprising
myself, as well as a few others.

I've been more of a collector for decades than a shooter. I've been selling off many 'safe queens' and only buying
firearms that I want to use and enjoy as they were intended to be used - To shoot stuff!

That aside, a previous post mentioned the extended magazine. My Kimber came with only one magazine but I did see on-line
that extended mag with a 'lip' to accommodate the little finger. I want that mag very much. My Kimber fits the hand well, but that
extended mag, I think, will make it perfect!. I like this pistol's single-action trigger - IMO, the trigger breaks clean & perfect.
I can find nothing lacking in the Kimber Micro 9. I didn't really notice 'recoil' but it may be a bit 'snappy'. The quality construction,
performance, and ergonomics, I think are superior. If I could have only one handgun - I think this Kimber would be it!
… as I've often said about new pistols before.

The first time I shot my Kimber Micro-9, I also brought along a Sig P 290 rs, 9mm Sub Compact, with a heavy DAO trigger
that I bought a few years ago. I couldn't hit any target with that pistol without standing point-blank to target, and
backing up with each consecutive shot.

For the first time, after shooting my new Kimber - I shot my Sig 290 rs, not great but on target and somewhat 'grouped'
from a fair distance.

The sig P 290 rs is blockier compared to the Kimber Micro, but I am starting to appreciate my Sig now - and I am going to keep it.

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures - but maybe I can learn how …

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,514
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.