Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I’m interested in a Kimber talkeetna. But a google search only turns up old posts and out of stock listings. I searched guns international, gb, and there are none. For as much bad press these got for not working (sarcasm hard to lay on in text) you think they would be for sale everywhere. Anyone know of one needing re-homed? Or does anyone have any inside production or lack of production info?

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I got mine and am going to keep it, I assume others feel the same about theirs.

You cannot get a rifle with all the features the Talkeetna has, 4 round mag, barrel band, good stock, good sights, 3 position safety, stainless finish, for anywhere near the money that a Talkeenta costs. You also cannot build one cheaper, I build a Winchester 70 classic stainless with a Mcmillan stock, express sights and barrel band and have more in it than I paid for the Talkeetna.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I got mine and am going to keep it, I assume others feel the same about theirs.

You cannot get a rifle with all the features the Talkeetna has, 4 round mag, barrel band, good stock, good sights, 3 position safety, stainless finish, for anywhere near the money that a Talkeenta costs. You also cannot build one cheaper, I build a Winchester 70 classic stainless with a Mcmillan stock, express sights and barrel band and have more in it than I paid for the Talkeetna.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Yep. This is my train of thought too. But I can’t seem to find one. New or used. Makes me wonder why.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had one I unfortunately let get away. It's hard to find a nicer H&H than the Talkeetna. I looked for another one recently and ended up buying a .375 Ruger Guide Gun, which is also hard to find right now.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Out of stock at everyone.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
If someone knows where to find one please let me know!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wished they had been around when I had a mate convert my Classic 270 into a 375H&H Belted Mag with modified D’Arcy Echols stock that D’Arcy put threaded cross bolts in, LW barrel and Duane Wiebe bottom metal. Lovely rifle but as mentioned above I have more in it than a new Talkeetna.

Last edited by rockdoc; 09/09/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had one many years ago, used it on an Ak. brown bear and later sold it. Bought another a year ago and will never sell it.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by misplacedinnebraska
If someone knows where to find one please let me know!

I’d post a WTB in the Classifieds.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I was thinking the same

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I had one many years ago, used it on an Ak. brown bear and later sold it. Bought another a year ago and will never sell it.

I was the lucky recipient of your sale. I still have it. It was an amazing bargain. Thank you very much.

I did put some raised irons on it and had the barrel shortened to 21" but those are personal choices. As received it was one of the more accurate big game rifles I have ever fired.

Gary

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There’s one on gunbroker for 2200 used.

I called my favorite shop who are a Kimber master dealer. Kimber says 6+ months which in line with their current handgun lead time.

I got one on order.

Maybe it will be in for my birthday in April smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

I was the lucky recipient of your sale. I still have it. It was an amazing bargain. Thank you very much.

I did put some raised irons on it and had the barrel shortened to 21" but those are personal choices. As received it was one of the more accurate big game rifles I have ever fired.

Gary

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I’ve heard multiple places that kreiger is making the barrels for the Talkeetnas

Last edited by Mjduct; 12/10/20.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Alewife?

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Mjduct
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

Gary

I don’t k is if this is true or not, but I’ve heard multiple places that alewife is making the barrels for the Talkeetnas

I have had my Talkeetna since shortly after they were introduced and I was under the impression at that time that Krieger was furnishing the barrels for them then. I could have gotten bad information though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Alewife?

I typed in kreiger... damn phone autocorrect. Glad to see that y’all confirmed it smile they make a great barrel!

Autocorrect got me worse yesterday... I sent a text to my buddy Oshay and autocorrect changed his name to “hi gay” I caught it before I hit send... Luckily

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mjduct
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Alewife?

I typed in kreiger... damn phone autocorrect. Glad to see that y’all confirmed it smile they make a great barrel!

Autocorrect got me worse yesterday... I sent a text to my buddy Oshay and autocorrect changed his name to “hi gay” I caught it before I hit send... Luckily

Had you not caught and corrected it......it may have been a true test of your friendship! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He’s about half my age and a professional trainer... I might have 30# on him but I would need it smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,522
Posts18,452,750
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.