Campfire Member
K
Who cares about deer season. I would rather be calling coyotes.😁

BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have been known to put deer season on hold while hammering coyotes and pigs with prejudice.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Coyotes are a SOS(shoot on sight) regardless of what we are hunting.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No pass for coyotes while hunting deer. We have a three month season where we hunt in SC. Last one I saw was three years ago and it got dead quick. Neither my wife or I got a deer last season, but she got a coyote on the last sit. Year before on her last sit she got both a coyote and a deer. And, I think she got one the year before also.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
With a can, I shoot every one I see. Got three one afternoon while deer hunting before the fourth one got out of the field...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Coyotes ALWAYS get shot if possible. During our muzzleloader season I usually take an AR if I’m sitting in a box. Shot a yotie a few years ago at first light and 45 min later there were 6-8 does and fawns within 5-20 yards of the dead dog.... I was shocked. They didn’t seem to care at all.... I got lucky that morning and shot another yotie walking out! One of my best deer hunts ever!

My cousin gets mad at me when we turkey hunt.... I’ve shot a few yoties even when a Tom was coming in. So, yes.... I ALWAYS shoot coyotes!

Ben

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just remembered.... saw a coyote while bow hunting elk one year.... pulled out my varmint call ( usually always one of those in my pocket) called him in and shot him at 7 yards. Wiped off the arrow and kept on chasing elk. 😁

Ben

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by ingwe
It happens...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Do you wonder if it was a wolf cross? It's pretty big,( maybe bigger than you think ) and the white feet,... I've shot a few big coyotes, but that one is odd colored to boot.

That one was in north Texas, so probably no wolf in it...but if I ever killed one that had domestic dog in it anywhere, he would be the one....

Lots of coydogs in this part of the world, not supposed to be any wolves since the 30's. Same in N. Texas I'm sure, the Red River ain't much of a barrier.

If you'd kept the skull you could find out for sure.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's nice to come back from a deer hunting trip with a freezer full of venison and a fur check to pay for the whole trip. I usually brought a few traps along and picked up a few rats and mink, kept me out of the bars at night.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Coyotes get no pass from me. The 700ml has proven hard on the coyotes the past few deer seasons.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Like I have said before..."it doesn't matter what i am doing, if i see a coyote I'm coyote hunting"

God, Family, and Guns. Be strong in your beliefs and work hard.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve been told by land owners that if I let a bobcat or coyote walk that I was no longer welcome.

CK
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In my deer camp, if it was known that a coyote gave you a shot opportunity and you didn't take it, you go home.
We've had such an explosion in the coyote population in my area, that I basically gave up bird and bow hunting the last two years to hunt coyote.
The only issue is that while around our deer woods the coyote presence has been greatly reduced, they've moved to areas outside of our deer woods, because others don't hunt them.

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have let them pass when on a good buck in Ohio and was afraid to screw up the stand, or a big buck was in a field but out of range. Otherwise I shoot every coyote I see when given the chance

Only seen a handful of bobcats, not many here. They don’t get very big either

Saw what looked to me like a big bobcat in Ohio, but illegal to shoot them there otherwise may have shot it and had mounted.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, every time, I'm not mad at deer, i hate coyotes, last Saturday was on the mountain behind the house, perfect setup, had a nice North wind hunting dew North, deer blowing like hell about 80 yards out, couldn't see it, a few minutes later caught sight of the largest coyote I've ever seen at 10 o'clock headed my way, cocked the hammer on my 58 cal Hawken, hit the set trigger and waited, the dirty sombitch flanked me on the left deep enough in the bush I couldn't see him, broke over the bench I was sitting on and went on down the mountain.

Would have I blown that nice setup? you damn straight!

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Coyote hunting comes before anything else.

2 b 1 ask 1 !
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Today was opening day,I’ll never pass up a trash panda.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 11/21/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
coyotes never get a free pass!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coyotes, bobcats, and foxes get shot on sight, if I get a chance. Coons, possums, and skunks I'll let walk, if I'm deer hunting.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Unless I see a deer approaching or nearby, I’ll whack the coyote, every time. My 257 weatherby makes short work of coyotes.

Last edited by dale06; 12/07/20.

NRA Patron
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.