Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15218968 09/13/20
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Setup:

Deer Camp is a 1000 sq/ft cabin built around 1902. It's built on a stone foundation with red cedar stud walls. When we got it in 2001, there were signs of termite damage from years past. It had not been occupied since 1982 and there were no signs of active infestation. The house up the road had been built about the same time and with the same methods. It got ravaged by termites. Mine had been spared.

Along about 2005, I noticed an emergence on the north wall. I went out on bought stakes. The stakes worked. I never saw a problem after that.

Until this spring. I had an emergence this spring inside the house in two bedrooms. I opened up the windows to get rid of them and then sprayed with flying insect spray. I then went on Amazon and bought some stakes.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AA8WVLI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been following the instructions and concentrating on the south wall. Recently the flags on a couple stakes popped, and I did what the instructions said: replace with new stakes and sink a few more in the area. I started out with 6 stakes along the south wall. Two have popped, right under the windows where the emergence happened. The rest are untouched.

Questions for Y'all:

1) Am I doing enough?
2) If I need to do more, what do you suggest?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

It costs 2-3 thousand to do a proper terminate treatment with Termador ...

What you are seeing in that kit you show is a “bait station” - then you can poison them - which is no where near as effective.

I’d spend the extra coin and get it done right - Termador is the best stuff and lasts well over 20 years - and they will NOT come back

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well fipronil is ok I guess but not near as good as chlordane and not as good as Dursban ( chlorpyrifos ). Well the Government has to keep us safe!!!!!

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You can buy what you need from Do my own. They also have all the information and tutorials for what/how/when.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don’t think your Spectracide pop-ups are gonna get it done for you.

If you value the cabin I’d call a pro and dust my hands of it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by CWT
Well fipronil is ok I guess but not near as good as chlordane and not as good as Dursban ( chlorpyrifos ). Well the Government has to keep us safe!!!!!

I got both, chlordane which I think is far more better than dursban. Chlordane is far superior but I'm down to my last gallon of it. Durban when they outlawed it our local Ollie's had it on clearance for 99 cents per bottle, bought 30 bottles of it. Im set for life for termite control

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

TERMIDOR is the best stuff for Termites and Ants and good for 7-8 years. I used it around my place back in 2014 and have not seen an Ant or Termite since.

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Would this stuff do the job?

https://www.amazon.com/Taurus-SC-bo...2941120011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-14

It's a generic, but it has the same active ingredient in the same concentration as Termidor.

I've got 30 feet of wall on the south where the bugs are. How far would I get with 20 OZ of concentrate?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stuff in the following link works. Fairly cheap and easy to apply.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectra...-Carpenter-Ant-Killer-HG-96410/205755645

In response to your question, I’d guess about half of your wall run per jug.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 09/13/20.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shaman
Would this stuff do the job?

https://www.amazon.com/Taurus-SC-bo...2941120011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-14

It's a generic, but it has the same active ingredient in the same concentration as Termidor.

I've got 30 feet of wall on the south where the bugs are. How far would I get with 20 OZ of concentrate?

According to the label you can't buy it unless you have your Pesticide Applicators License.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Taurus (above) is fine. Anything with Fipronil as the A.I. is your friend. The original trade named product was Termidor. I have literally treated thousands of structures with it. Dursban is not a good choice. Any of the Pyrethroid termiticides are not good choices either. Chlordane is illegal to buy and use. Back in the 70's, I used Chlordane, Aldrin, Dieldrin, etc. They all worked and were persistent in the soil. That is why they were banned.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RicG
The Taurus (above) is fine. Anything with Fipronil as the A.I. is your friend. The original trade named product was Termidor. I have literally treated thousands of structures with it. Dursban is not a good choice. Any of the Pyrethroid termiticides are not good choices either. Chlordane is illegal to buy and use. Back in the 70's, I used Chlordane, Aldrin, Dieldrin, etc. They all worked and were persistent in the soil. That is why they were banned.

As I was told by a usda official that if you have chlordane you can use it up but just can't purchase it. If you can use it or not, if I got a problem I'm using it, it stays in the ground 30+ years. I know a Exterminator can't use it buts thats not me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Chlordane causes nerve and brain damage. The Feds outlawed it for a good reason.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Chlordane causes nerve and brain damage. The Feds outlawed it for a good reason.

Maybe thats what's wrong with me lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

feds dont do anything for a good reason. booze cigarettes paint thinners turpentine pain pills heroin coke speed LSD that the feds manufactured and flooded the country with has caused more brain damage in 8 hours then chlordane would in 50 years. if you used it in the past just wear a mask and plastic gloves

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those sentricon stakes are a daym joke. It’s bait. I never liked the idea of purposefully drawing in a wood destroying organism.

You need to get a pro.

Shop around some are cut throat, some are so cut throat they do not apply the chemicals correctly.

Unless you have a rig that can apply 2-4 gallons per 10linear ft at about 40psi under the soil or trench a perimeter and treat the backfill.

Can you get under this structure to perform a complete visual inspection and treat also from underneath.

You are dealing with subterranean termites. Talstar or Premise

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mostly agree Slumlord but... Talstar is Bifenthrin... a pyrethroid. Not that great on termites and a short life in the soil. Premise is pretty good... my second choice after Termidor (Fipronil).

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sham,

Get the new guy or Renegade to tackle this project.

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Between Squidge's video and some of the other comments, I ordered some of the Taurus off Amazon, and we're going to give it a shot. Thanks all for your input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 22kHornet, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,604
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.