Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Just buy a vette. laugh

When I bought my 'Vette, the salesman assured me it was only a mid-life crisis if you bought one in yellow. whistle

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine was a rifle. I'd been shooting my elk with a puny 270 for 25 or 30 years and despite the fact that every elk I'd shot it at ended up in the freezer, I just HAD to have one the new 300 WSM's that had just come out. If the 325 WSM had been out yet, I'd have probably got that instead. After packing it around for 6 or 7 years and shooting a good number of elk with it, I realized that It had never killed anything that a 30-06 couldn't have killed just as well. So, I got a light weight 30-06, saving more than a pound on my back and have been totally happy with it.
I still have the 300 and it's a very accurate gun but so is the '06.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Waking up in the morning occasionally and feeling like you've been rode hard and put away wet the night before is not a bad thing. Repeat as necessary.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
the first major sign of a midlife crises is making a thread about it

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm in a midlife crisis at 62, I commercial fished, hunted and guided for 40+ years. So I never had a real job and did as I pleased for the most part. I thought I wanted off the water so retired and bought cattle, now I'm tied down and miss commercial fishing. My advice is to live life when you can, time waits on no man. Hopefully everyone will find what their looking for.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Just buy a vette. laugh

When I bought my 'Vette, the salesman assured me it was only a mid-life crisis if you bought one in yellow. whistle

I really wanted a late 60’s or early 70’s camero, but they are made of gold now days. I found a nice C3 vette pretty “cheap” that just needed everything rebuilt laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My advice is to live life when you can,...
I agree. Making money, borrowing money, spending money, accumulation, consumption, upgrades, extravagant consumerism...fast forward...a houseful of stuff. That’s the meaning of life to so many people nowadays. That is the direction our culture will pull you. That’s the way most people live nowadays. People live like slaves to all things financial. They don’t have stuff, their stuff has them. People borrow and spend their way into slavery. Money is a much better servant, than a master. There is a difference between standard of living and quality of life. And sometimes one needs to lower one’s standard of living in order to raise one’s quality of life. For so many people, the way we live isn’t suitable for the soul to be happy anymore.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hookset
I’m in a similar but slightly different situation. I’m 52 and quit working last November to take care of my terminally ill wife of 28 years.
She passed a couple of weeks ago and now I have to figure out what’s next.
I am retired military so I have a check coming in each month that covers the monthly bills but there’s not enough left over to really retire. I have a really nice house with a barn, riding arena and pasture for horses but that was the wife’s thing. I’m not interested in owning horses again and I’m not interested in providing boarding services for other people’s horses. I may try to lease it out to generate some passive income, but I’m not sure how likely it is that I can find a suitable tenant.
I probably have enough equity in this place that I could sell it and pay cash for something smaller or at least put a big dent in the principle on a new place.
I could go back to work in the ship repair industry and make plenty of money but I don’t think I want to go back to that environment. I could make enough money training dogs or mowing grass to get by okay. I’m hesitant to make any significant decisions this soon after her passing and this is the first time since I was 24 that I don’t have anyone else to take care of.
I think I’m just going to do some hunting and fishing and thinking for a while. I’ll probably do some substitute teaching to augment my income so I don’t deplete my savings while I figure it out.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweetheart. You sound like you have your head on straight, especially the part of waiting and letting things settle. When the fog has lifted and you feel you are ready to start the next season of your life, you get to decide what YOUR dream looks like. Getting there will be the least of your worries, there are lots of employers out there that are always looking for guys with your background, and jobs paying a heck of a lot better than sub teaching, and just as rewarding.

When you are ready, you get to dream again.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'm in a midlife crisis at 62, I commercial fished, hunted and guided for 40+ years. So I never had a real job and did as I pleased for the most part. I thought I wanted off the water so retired and bought cattle, now I'm tied down and miss commercial fishing. My advice is to live life when you can, time waits on no man. Hopefully everyone will find what their looking for.

mid life is 39. you aint living to 124 lol you had a great life that a lot of guys dream off. relax take it easy. I framed houses did concrete and roofing for 46 years. got a lot to look back on. makes me smile. I had wild crazy guys on my crews

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

screw the 'Vette

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d disappoint the heck outta’ her.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Pretty sure there is a credit check and asset inventory involved before getting to play with that last toy posted.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by auk1124
Pretty sure there is a credit check and asset inventory involved before getting to play with that last toy posted.

UR from KY ?

know these hicks in this movie ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
You are right , life is passing you by . Buy a motorcycle , your preference as long as it at least 1000cc . Give your neighbor the finger .

I think he should buy the chick in the skirt.

I doubt he could afford that split tail. LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by tikkanut

UR from KY ?

The Kentucky State Government produced that movie to keep the riff raff out of the state.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe

UR from KY ?

The Kentucky State Government produced that movie to keep the riff raff out of the state.

Yep, whole state is full of Deliverance types, everyone stay away.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

UR from KY ?

didn't help much.....

I did see the movie Deliverence

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

UR from KY ?

Yep, whole state is full of Deliverance types, everyone stay away.

no prob here.......too many fuggin weirdos east of the Divide

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 63 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,114
Posts18,464,448
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.