Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
OK gents. The "hunt" is over and I've got permission to show the pics. They ended up with just the one elephant. They were in them nearly everyday and saw good respectable 35-45 pounders that were advertised. But after getting that 70+ one below, they held off, hoping to find another big one that had been seen while scouting a few months ago. So, struck out on the 2nd but, scored TWO really, really nice leopards.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Be interested in the Namibia trip next year

Originally Posted by M3taco
Still one spot open for the this June but inside the 60-day window so "time is of the essence" if someone wants to still try and go. IF you don't want to travel on your own, my travel agent could probably still get you a ticket to meet up with me in Boston and over to Bots on Qatar Air or you could meet up on the gentleman from Houston who's been to Africa a number of times and to Gerhards several too and go with him, again via Qatar Air.

he Aug trip is now full.

Anyone who'd like to go on their own is more that welcome to contact Gerhard directly and sort out dates and details. I'll still help you with the travel planning/routing and airlines info as well as the rifle import documents etc. He still has some openings in July. If you want to try and sort something out with him for then, the dark moon dates for July are 6-15.

I'll be putting together at least one or maybe two more similar trips like this for next year and anticipate the same months, dark of the moon of June and/or Aug depending on interest and which month fits best in their schedule.

I'd also like to put together a similar trip to my friend's place in Namibia in 2022. He only has one bungalow with two private guest rooms with ensuite private bathrooms, so would be limited to just two hunters or up to four if willing to share a room with separate full size beds.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ribka - PM sent.

Since you're the first to express interest in Namibia for 2022, Guess you get to pick the month.

Michael

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A little "weekend update":

June trip - we leave this Wed. Slight change in plans, will just be 3 of us going, the 4th has business hang-ups due to govt Covid related "stuff", but he is bumping to the Aug trip. Our kit is all sorted and ready for final packing. One more short practice session at the local range Sunday morning. Rifles were seriously cleaned after the last trip a couple of days ago. This trip is to just confirm final sight-in and foul the barrels. When done, they will only have a bore snake passed thru a time or two.

All the firearm paperwork is done. Airlines double checked/confirmed we have "traveling with firearms" logged in our reservations. Transit permits thru Doha (we're all flying Qatar Air in) are confirmed. Copies of RSA SAPS 520 firearm transit permits are done and ready, just incase something unforeseen happens and we have to claim and re-check rifles in Jberg either way.

I've organized a local private lab that does the RT-PCR test that is required to fly (note: vaccinations or antibody tests mean NOTHING) is scheduled for 8 am Tues morning and they guarantee results by the end of the same day. So, as of now, it looks like the trip is still "ON".

One other slight change of plan - since the 3rd guy going has been to Africa and Saas Post several times and doesn't need my help coming back, my wife and I are just cull hunting for 6-days then Gerhard has organized a 4x4 camper for us and we're going to "self drive" around Bots for 10-days and start exploring it like we've done in Namibia.

I'm not taking a computer, just smart phone. Will try to make an update or two while there and will do a better report when we get home the end of Jun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes! Hope you have a great hunt. Safe travels.

Do or do not, there is no try.
IC B2

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks ND.

I don't know all the details yet of our road trip. Gerhard is going to "surprise" us. All I do know is we're gong to spend two nights and one full day with Jaco at his place near Ghanzi. Going to do a 1/2 day of fishing for tiger fish in the Okavango someplace and he's got us booked for a short "sightseeing" flight over the Delta at some point. I'm sure we're going to have some time in the Chobe NP as I've specifically asked to see that for at least a full day. He asked if we wanted to go up to Vic Falls and we declined as we'd been there a couple of times before. The rest is going to be............FUN.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’m sure you’ll have a great trip, Michael.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (450yukon, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 35sambar, 345dl, 25 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.