Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Stumbled across the Wyoming game depts YouTube channel, based off of their application numbers its obvious the hunting show preachers are right....won't be any more hunters in a couple of years.......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dammmmmmmn.......................... we're a dying breed darn near extinct.......................... laugh

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Applications dropping off and I still didn't pull a deer or speed goat tag this year. How does that work?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
When the baby boomer generation ages out, there will be abundant hunt club opportunities in our area. Right now, many of these clubs are hard to get into. That will all change in the next five years or so. Very sad, really. Pennsylvania is experiencing a drastic change in hunting culture. Young folks just want cell phones and video games, This is why I am a Friends of NRA Committee member, I’m trying to put as many kids behind a trigger as possible. Get em outside for God’s sake!!!!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Maybe on the east coast hunters are waning, but not true out west. It's a zoo out here during an OTC season. So much so, I won't do an over the counter hunt anymore except archery.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Applications dropping off and I still didn't pull a deer or speed goat tag this year. How does that work?

Same here! I can't draw a tag lately to save my life!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hunting/fishing is absolutely booming. Folks is waking up. About time.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
In the west numbers have been increasing and no sign of slowing down. I personally have little to no interest in hunting East of the Mississippi so it’s not a surprising trend to me.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Maybe if the prices were lower and tags easier to get there would be more hunters. Edk

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

WY department of fish and game SLASHED the number of tags for lopes and other game based on outfitters lobbying them.
I had a friend who I took elk hunting that was trying to get us tags in WY, we tried for 3 years and gave up.

SCREW THEM ... They caused their own problem, and I hope the outfitters pay for in the end.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Maybe if the prices were lower and tags easier to get there would be more hunters. Edk
ID has resident cow elk tags going begging. There are literally several thousand still available. Non-resident are sold out.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
ID has resident cow elk tags going begging. There are literally several thousand still available.

There's your ^ ^ ^ ^ puzzle piece.
Same thing here with whitetail does.
Everybody wants something to post
online on their farcebook page.
JFG a while back I looked at one of the
places close to where we used to get to
cull hunt 25- 30 years ago for free. A
"meat deer " will cost you about $1500.00
to start.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Granddad was born in 1911 and hunted small game all his life. Dad and Uncle hunted small game some. Uncle hunted Colorado elk once back in the 1950s. He owned a hunting camp in Alaska for a couple years, don't know how much hunting he did there. The next time one of them went big game hunting was when Granddad was in his 90's and took two deer.

None of my brothers or Uncle's kids hunt. I moved to Colorado in 1981 and ahve hunted big game every year since 1982 with one exception. Two of my daughters hunt big game and the other likes to go along for the fun. All three of my SILs hunt big game and i'm hoping all six of my grandkids will. Time will tell.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranger99
ID has resident cow elk tags going begging. There are literally several thousand still available.

to start.

These cow elk tags cost $30, $16 for us seniors.

― George Orwell

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

WY department of fish and game SLASHED the number of tags for lopes and other game based on outfitters lobbying them.
I had a friend who I took elk hunting that was trying to get us tags in WY, we tried for 3 years and gave up.

SCREW THEM ... They caused their own problem, and I hope the outfitters pay for in the end.

You couldn't be more wrong. Licenses for antelope were reduced because of winterkill, they don't give licenses for animals that don't exist.
Outfitters influence on licenses and seasons is waning as residents are speaking up about license allocations for ourselves.
Some areas take many PP to draw, curious what area you applied for ? Check the drawing odds before you apply and you'll know what to expect.
No shortage of folks drawing tags and applying, WG&F does a great job of managing our wildlife.

One less entitled NR not coming to Wyoming to hunt, yeah !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wytex

You couldn't be more wrong. Licenses for antelope were reduced because of winterkill, they don't give licenses for animals that don't exist.
Outfitters influence on licenses and seasons is waning as residents are speaking up about license allocations for ourselves.
Some areas take many PP to draw, curious what area you applied for ? Check the drawing odds before you apply and you'll know what to expect.
No shortage of folks drawing tags and applying, WG&F does a great job of managing our wildlife.

My group applied for 6 doe antelope tags this year and drew 5 of the six.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In ID, WY, and MT, the fish & game depts had the extra burden of wolf management dumped on them with no federal money to finance it. The liberals never dreamed, though, that wolves would ever become game animals. They made some mistakes and it got by them. They learned, though, and we'll never see a grizzly season in the lower 48.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ranger99

to start.

These cow elk tags cost $30, $16 for us seniors.

That's good. That's all they should cost a senior.
It's sad that people don't want to take a cow
when the fish and game people are trying to
promote it. That's like the people here on leases
that are asked to shoot spikes and does but won't
because " it'll ruin their hunting "
The ranch people used to let people like me come
in and take care of that chore, but they don't do
that anymore, not without a big handful of cash.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wytex

The NR attitudes sure get annoying dont they.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hmm... This is not what the guy who was trying to hook me up with a lope hunt told me...
He had hunted that place in WY with his family for a decade and they always drew taxes as NR’s ... so they were pretty upset about the change and not drawing tags 3 years in a row.

- this is the first I have heard of a “HUGE” winter kill causing it, I did however read others complaining about slashed tag amounts, And outfitters lobbying being a source of the issue.

Coyote_Hunter - the guy’s I’m talking about, were the one’s we hooked up the youngster on the Elk hunt in Colorado, he was trying to return the favor.

wytex - Entitled folks tend to pay outfitters - I’m more of a DIY guy, so don’t presume too much, too fast.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,402
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.